no images

price range

Reviews

from

14 years ago

I've tried several superbalms and this seems to be one that actually has a tint. Sheer, but color nonetheless. Superbalms feel wonderful and smooth going on, and have a lot of shine too. Not a bad value overall. <br><br>For reference, I have medium-light warm toned skin with black hair dark brown eyes and semi-pigmented lips.

About reviewer (157 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Coarse

from

14 years ago

I've never had to buy the tints - I always get them as a GWP. I've used both the Grape tint and the Mango tint, and though I didn't think that the tints would make much of a difference, they do. The Mango tint light up my face and made my teeth look a bit whiter. The Grape tint is a little more laid back, and would be a good gloss if your eye makeup is the focus on your face. In general, the Superbalm is pretty hydrating, and I prefer it to MAC's Lipglass because it's a whole lot less sticky, and it smell's nicer. I would definitely buy it again, tint or no tint.

About reviewer (41 reviews)

SkinVery Dry

HairBrown

3.0

15 years ago

I like the colour and it's very moisturising.But i don't like the smell and it's mineral oil in the product.*Sigh*.I have the colour raspberry tint,and it's a nice colour!

About reviewer (241 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Other, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

EyesBlue

3.0

15 years ago

This tinted balm is just okay to me, nothing special. First of all, the color is barely noticable, and my natural lip color is fairly light. It does give a decent amount of shine, has the look of a gloss. These are not as moisturizing as other tinted balms I have tried, such as Neutrogena. They are also really sticky for a balm. I prefer a balm that is smooth and really sinks in to the lips, as opposed to sits on top. I keep this on my nightstand to use at night if my lips are feeling really dry.

About reviewer (131 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

EyesBlue

15 years ago

Oh boy. Superbalms. I love them! They are sticky, but less than Lancome JT's (definitely less than MAC lipglasses); however, for that reason they have quite the staying power. The feeling on the lips is awesome, cushiony, very moisturizing - if you can picture something sticky and soothing at the same time, that's a Superbalm.<br> <br>I bought this with the set of 4. They're all very shiny on. Plum Tint is my favorite of that set. It looks like a deep purple with a tinge of wine in the tube, but on the lips it's a very flattering and juicy sheer plum. Very sheer, like all of the other shades. Even so, it's one of the most pigmented tinted Superbalms and the one I reach for the most - yes, they're that sheer.<br> <br>The tubes have slanted tips, and they're tiny in the set of 4, but I'm not one to reapply stuff much, so I'm sure they will last. They were fairly expensive, even through eBay, but for the amazing quality of this product I will repurchase and repurchase!

About reviewer (133 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

15 years ago

Clinique Superbalms are the most moisturising lip glosses I've ever tried!! Plum is what you'd expect of the name... an unscented, sheer berry tint that compliments my cool NC20 skintone. These only have a very slight tint so don't expect them to show on your lips if they're quite pigmented.

About reviewer (372 reviews)

Age36-43

HairBlond

15 years ago

About reviewer (372 reviews)

Age36-43

HairBlond

15 years ago

I think the Superbalms are amazing. They are very moisturizing with no scent. They come in a squeeze tube with slant tip which i love! No more melted tubes. The colors are all very sheer and although i prefer mango and bronze (i am a nc30 light olive tone), all the colors are wearable by everyone since they are so sheer. Plum is just a hint of purple color but it really just looks like a sheer berry. Very pretty!

About reviewer (4641 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

15 years ago

This is my favorite Superbalm shade because it looks so perfect with my colorings! I have black hair, brown eyes and medium to pale skin. Raspberry Superbalm was my first and I was so impressed that I quickly swapped for Superbalm Plum and Mango also. This is a very soothing, thick balm that softens dry lips, particularly during the punishing months of winter. It does have just the slightest bit of glossy shine and a peachy tint that subtly enhances my lips. Just because of my coloring, I slightly prefer the shade on the Plum Superbalm, but all of them are so subtle that I could pick up any of them and be happy with the results. Especially the softening results!

About reviewer (171 reviews)

HairBlack

15 years ago

I agree with the previous review--it's a shame plum isn't sold on it's own because it's my favorite of all the Superbalms-but I adore them all! Plum is less purple then Grape...it sort of enhances the natural pigment in my lips and really defines them--I just love it!

About reviewer (320 reviews)

SkinNormal