MD Formulations Facial Creme

Filtered by age: 25-29
No Image

4.8

on 4/23/2012 7:21:00 PM

How does this product only have 11 reviews????? It's my holy grail skin product!!!! I have been using the Facial Creme (now called Continuous Renewal Complex) for at least 7 years now and I've gone from having pimply, heavily combination skin as a 20 year old (where I wouldn't leave the house without a tonne of makeup to "patch" my blemishes), to having almost porcelain skin (could go completely without makeup). I was about ready to get a dermatologist to do whatever they could to my skin and fork out thousands of dollars, but my mum recommended me to see a cosmetic therapist and she recommended me MD Formulations when I was 19 or 20. I really don't know why their products are not more popular, because they work!

This product has cleaned out my pores and shrunk them so tiny that I can't even see them on my nose anymore. No more blackheads, and it has helped incredibly with my skin congestion.

I use this product every night without fail with a deep hydrating moisturizer and I can't live without it. If I'm spending any amount of time away from home, it comes with me. For me, it's worth every cent and I will continue to use it forever. For a time I did try converting to the Paula's Choice equivalent, but there is no comparison. MD Formulations is far superior, I don't know why but I don't get results using other brands.

Packaging is just a small tub, never leaks. The creme is quite thick in consistency, not runny at all, but applies thinly to the skin. A little goes a long way. A 50ml tub lasts me quite a few months. If you're concerned with cleanliness, you can scoop a blob out with a Q-tip/cottonbud.

This product is for dry to normal to combo-dry skin, for normal to combo-oily, there is a gel equivalent. I think it's the continuous renewal serum.

I wear at least an SPF15 foundation everyday in Winter, and at least an SPF30 foundation everyday in Summer. Without sunscreen, sunburn is almost instant while using AHA and BHAs.

on 3/4/2007 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is a drug which I can't really quit using... My skin is dry, quite thin, and normal exfoliators only add insult to injury by making it even more flaky than before. But this cream is my lifesaver. I use it morning and night under a regular moisturizer for my skintype, and I find it helps the moisturizer penetrate better, so that I can get away with using products for slightly dry skin, instead of the industrial strength moisturizers I always had to rely on before. I recently had a break from glycolic acid for almost a month, and my skin again started acting crazy; it was as dry as a desert, and nothing helped. But only a few applications of the Facial Creme has brought my skin back on track. I will continue using this unless something even better shows up.

on 8/4/2006 10:04:00 PM

I'll start by saying i've only tried a sample of this, but i have already order a full jar, have fallen in love with it. One day i was looking for something in my drawer and found this, i dun even remembered where i received the sample from, and since my skin has been very congested and dull lately, i've decided to give it a go. Mind you, i've been staying away from glycolic product for many many years, used to use neostrata and it was too strong for me and sometimes irritated my skin. Well, MD didnt. in fact, i loved it on my first go. although, it is a glycolic product, it seemed to calm my skin a little, which never happens to me with glycolic product. the first morning, i woke up with calm, clear, hydrated and smooth skin and same result with every other nights i used it. the biggest bonus was this cream reduces the size of my acne overnight. Bigger ones became smaller, smaller ones doesnt even pop up from surface, it just heals. Again, this happened to me not only one night but all the other nights. The sample i received lasted me around 8 days. Without doubt, one of the most surprising cream i've ever used, especially i started without any expectation. Im hoping with continue usage i'll have less acne and hope it'll reduce my light acne scars, which i havent noticed only by trying the sample. Will update.

UPDATE: my skin on my upper cheeks cant tolerate this when use everynight, so i've been using this as acne treatment, which still works very well.

on 7/6/2005 10:14:00 PM

I bought this a week ago, along with the Facial cleanser as I was told I need to use this before I get my Glycolic Acid Peel treatment. So far all I have noticed is that my skin is breaking out. I normally have lots of tiny blackheads on my cheeks and chin that just look like brown freckles. Usually I would squeeze them (bad I know) and a small, hard plug of pus would come out leaving me with a red blemish on my face for a few days. Since using the MD products however, it seems as though all these blackheads are erupting to the surface resulting in big pus-filled pimples instead!! I'm not sure if thats the point of the glycolic acid but I will persevere with it for a few more weeks to see if my skin improves after the initial breakouts.
As for the cream itself, like other reviewers, I hate tubs too. The cream spreads nicely and you only need to use less than a pea-sized amount for the whole face (which it should at $105 Australian for 50mls!!!!) It tingles abit, especially if you have an "opened" (freshly squeezed) pimple. No particular smell to it. Feels nice, not greasy, leaves skin dewy.
EDIT 22ND SEPT 2005: my skin did eventually clear up. My skin did purge for about the first 3-4 weeks but now it is clear. As well as the 6 weekly peels, I also had 2 facials in which the beautician extracted all the pimples lying under the surface of my skin too. Even to the extent of piercing the skin with a sharp tool for the really stubborn ones.
In my experience with it, I would recommend the products. You'll have to persevere with it and perhaps even have the extraction facials but i think it is worth it.
Now I am just waiting for the scars to fade.
p.s I haven't used any MD Formuations moisturisers and find at times my skin dries out on my nose and around my mouth