Mary Kay Signature Lipstick in Raisinberry

Mary Kay Signature Lipstick in Raisinberry

3.9

I love MK lipsticks! This is a brown-plummy frost w a hint of red. It's conservative but at the same time not boring or too "mature" like an old gramma or anything. It's simply lovely! It's one of MKs more complex colors. I've got a small stash of MK lipsticks & I like them all that I've tried.

on 3/29/2013 10:04:00 PM

raisinberry is one of my favorite lippies. the color is a perfect plummy berry. my lips are quite pigmented and this adds quite a bit of oomph without looking too goth. one of the few stronger colored lippies i can get away with wearing to work. i also love the texture; it's moisturizing but thick enough not to migrate everywhere. would repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I know a lot of women complain about Mary Kay lipstick being dry and the color selection being off...but, I LOVE their lipsticks. I am African- American w/ caramel color skin, black hair, and dark brown eyes, and their color is perfect for me for several reasons. One, the color is true to what it actually appears in the package. I have several Clinique & EL lipsticks & they all look great in the tube, then when you put some of them on the color turns too pink/too red/ too orange, etc against my skintone. I waste a lot of $$ b/c I have to throw it out. Second, Mary Kay lipsticks are long wearing. Sure they are a tad drier than most (but not to the point of being uncomfortable), but the formula is long wearing. I'll take that any day over a too- moist color that slides around. These babies stay put. Top off w/ a pretty gloss and you get the best of both worlds-- creamy, full coverage with some shine.

This color, Raisinberry, is super pretty. I have been a fan of Downtown Brown by Mary Kay since 2003. Raisinberry is like the more plummy version of Downtown Brown. It is a sweet symphony of frosty, plum, rose, brown for warmth---not too cool, not too warm, pretty sheen...yum! I just recieved this in the mail today (ordered online) and it is a pretty, neutral, yet polished daytime shade. It looks great with my brown and taupe eyeshadows as well as the cooler plums and grays. I can see how it would be beautiful on a range of skin tones.

So....try this if you like a medium coverage lip color that stays true and lasts long. You won't be disappointed.

on 3/30/2008 12:48:00 AM

Love this color!! I don't find it extremely dry either. It has good staying power and works with so many skin tones. I always use it as a base color and then change it up a little with a touch of gloss.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Gorgeous raisin shimmer. I love to wear this at least once a week. Smooth application, lasting color, no sticky feel.

on 10/14/2007 12:57:00 AM

My HG color of lip stick! I constantly buy more and more but always go back to this color!!!

on 10/11/2006 2:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

My HG color, absolutely. I'm fair with golden undertones, and it's the perfect just-darker-than-your-lips rose/brownish-pink. I use a lip balm under it, because it's not as moisturizing as I'd like, but that's my only complaint. It's the best color I've ever found.

(Disclaimer: I DON'T sell MK. I distrust some of the positive reviews from consultants, so just wanted to make that clear.)

on 9/8/2006 4:52:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I love this color - It is very neutral and looks great on my complexion. I am a very fair red head and surprisingly this works so well.

Perfect neutral shade, goes well with all colors. Long lasting also.

on 2/26/2005 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have finally found a replacement for my all-time favorite lipstick, Lorac Ashley, which cost me an outrageous $17 per tube! I actually like MK's Rasinberry better since there is a slight shimmer to it which adds some depth to the color and of course, the price is more reasonable!