Mary Kay Signature Lipstick in Raisinberry

Mary Kay Signature Lipstick in Raisinberry

3.9

on 6/27/2006 1:35:00 PM

My MK lady told me this shade was introduced first as "Plush Plum" in another formula (which was drier and more matte) in a limited edition, but the sales were so high they made the shade a regular. I prefer the new formula on my lips, since it has slightly more moisture. The bad, it still glops even in the new formulation. The reviews that this doesn't wear evenly is true, so be prepared to touch up later.

I like to top this with a limited edition lip crayon "front rose" which was also brought back into regular line as "frosted rose". Everytime I wear this combo, my sister who isn't into makeup always compliments me on this. Going over this lipstick helps the wear factor and keeps it from glopping. The neutral to cool color being medium tone is worth it.

on 8/26/2005 3:14:00 PM

Color: a slight shimmer plum based neutral, touch of rose, bit of brown/bronze. Lovely for making your lips fuller and to balance out a polished evening look, especially if you want to do a darker eye but not wear flesh-colored lips. Bit dark for me for wearing durign the day and i'm NC30, but I'm sure that 1) a girl who's darker could wear this for a polished lovely day look and 2) that ANY color skin can wear this for evening with the right liner and look super-sexy without clown-red lips. Extravagantly glamorous doesn't need to mean super bold color. This captures attention with it's multidimentional color. I'm very much a fan of understated glamour, and this fits the bill.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I know a lot of women complain about Mary Kay lipstick being dry and the color selection being off...but, I LOVE their lipsticks. I am African- American w/ caramel color skin, black hair, and dark brown eyes, and their color is perfect for me for several reasons. One, the color is true to what it actually appears in the package. I have several Clinique & EL lipsticks & they all look great in the tube, then when you put some of them on the color turns too pink/too red/ too orange, etc against my skintone. I waste a lot of $$ b/c I have to throw it out. Second, Mary Kay lipsticks are long wearing. Sure they are a tad drier than most (but not to the point of being uncomfortable), but the formula is long wearing. I'll take that any day over a too- moist color that slides around. These babies stay put. Top off w/ a pretty gloss and you get the best of both worlds-- creamy, full coverage with some shine.

This color, Raisinberry, is super pretty. I have been a fan of Downtown Brown by Mary Kay since 2003. Raisinberry is like the more plummy version of Downtown Brown. It is a sweet symphony of frosty, plum, rose, brown for warmth---not too cool, not too warm, pretty sheen...yum! I just recieved this in the mail today (ordered online) and it is a pretty, neutral, yet polished daytime shade. It looks great with my brown and taupe eyeshadows as well as the cooler plums and grays. I can see how it would be beautiful on a range of skin tones.

So....try this if you like a medium coverage lip color that stays true and lasts long. You won't be disappointed.

on 10/3/2005 10:11:00 AM

This is the perfect berry shade for my neutral/cool LLL complexion. I love how the color has a slight metallic sheen -- it's just enough to make this lippie more complex and interesting than similar shades that I've tried. This can be applied lightly for a daytime look or more heavily for nighttime.

Although I love the color, I'm not crazy about the formulation. It's pretty dry, so wearing some sort of lip balm underneath it or gloss on top is essential. It seems to last a long time, but it doesn't wear off as evenly as other lipsticks I use. If I don't have time for a touch-up, it looks bad.

When I run out of this, I'll try to find a similar shade in another brand.

I love MK lipsticks! This is a brown-plummy frost w a hint of red. It's conservative but at the same time not boring or too "mature" like an old gramma or anything. It's simply lovely! It's one of MKs more complex colors. I've got a small stash of MK lipsticks & I like them all that I've tried.

on 10/3/2013 1:14:00 PM

If I do drugstore lipsticks, I do revlon or NYX. If I do department store lipsticks, I am a MAC'er. I got a tube of this from a friend (who is a MK rep), and it's the perfect blend of brown and plum. I cannot find another color to dupe it. Other colors are either too purple or too brown. This one is just perfect, and it is a creamy lipstick that lasts hours, even through a meal. I would buy this color again when I run out, just because I haven't found another like it.

on 3/29/2013 10:04:00 PM

raisinberry is one of my favorite lippies. the color is a perfect plummy berry. my lips are quite pigmented and this adds quite a bit of oomph without looking too goth. one of the few stronger colored lippies i can get away with wearing to work. i also love the texture; it's moisturizing but thick enough not to migrate everywhere. would repurchase.

on 10/1/2012 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Okay, absolutely love the color with my red-hair (I got complements last time I wore is). The lipstick itself is rather so-so, nothing special. Will not purchase again, but will finish up what I have of this color. Just not very long lasting or moisturizing. I'll stick with my go-to lipstick for now, (Real Purity brand), but always looking for other lipsticks as well.

on 7/8/2010 6:19:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I regret buying this product. I would prefer to have stuck to the maybelline moisture extreme lipsticks, this lipstick, although relatively new has the texture of a lipstick you might find in the bottom of great grandma`s toiletries bag, at least 30 years old. I`ve used dollar store lipsticks better then this! I do like the color however, it`s true to its name and has a subtle metallic shimmer to it. But the texture is beyond horrible, so it just doesn`t do it for me.

on 9/14/2009 4:26:00 PM

I liked the color, but found the formula far too drying for me, even with lip balm underneath. Probably won't try MK's lipsticks again unless they reformulate them.