Mary Kay Signature Lipstick in Raisinberry

Filtered by age: 25-29
Mary Kay Signature Lipstick in Raisinberry

on 11/11/2008 6:36:00 PM

Unbelievably dry!! This is called "creme lipstick", which leads you to assume it's moisturizing and smooth. Not so. While the bronzy-berry shade is passable, the dry texture is bizarre. Within seconds, it makes my 27-year-old lips age 40 years. The transition was so extreme, it made my coworkers laugh... until they found out I spend almost $17 CDN on it. It dries, feathers and fades in patches. You can find a great, moisturizing, long-lasting and flattering lipstick at the drugstore for less than half the price. Disgraceful!

on 3/30/2008 12:48:00 AM

Love this color!! I don't find it extremely dry either. It has good staying power and works with so many skin tones. I always use it as a base color and then change it up a little with a touch of gloss.

on 9/8/2006 4:52:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I love this color - It is very neutral and looks great on my complexion. I am a very fair red head and surprisingly this works so well.

Perfect neutral shade, goes well with all colors. Long lasting also.

on 10/3/2005 10:11:00 AM

This is the perfect berry shade for my neutral/cool LLL complexion. I love how the color has a slight metallic sheen -- it's just enough to make this lippie more complex and interesting than similar shades that I've tried. This can be applied lightly for a daytime look or more heavily for nighttime.

Although I love the color, I'm not crazy about the formulation. It's pretty dry, so wearing some sort of lip balm underneath it or gloss on top is essential. It seems to last a long time, but it doesn't wear off as evenly as other lipsticks I use. If I don't have time for a touch-up, it looks bad.

When I run out of this, I'll try to find a similar shade in another brand.