LUSH Ultra Bland

LUSH Ultra Bland
Ultra BlandLUSH - Ultrabland

Almond Oil , Rose Water (Rosa centifolia), Beeswax (Cera alba), Honey, Fresh Iris Extract (Iris florentina), Glycerine, Rose Absolute (Rosa centifolia), Tincture of Benzoin (Styrax benzoin), Sodium Borate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I rate this product pretty highly becuase it is not a bad product. It is just not the type of product I prefer to use. I like that it does not have a stong fragrance put in it and that you need extremely little product to cleanse your face. To me this is an evening cleanser that I must use in the shower becuase it is very hard to get off. I smear a penny size portion all over my face and then step in to the shower. Even hot steaming water and rubbing my face with my hands wont get this off so I use a washcloth to rinse it off in the shower. I would not use this outside of the shower becuase I wear plenty of makeup in my face and I feel that if I would just smear this all over my face without using water it would not clean off everything. I do not like cleansing gels because I feel they strip my skin too much but I prefer thinner consistency cleansers like cleansing milks. I dont need to use them in the shower and I always use a toner afterwards. After I finish my pot I wont be buying again, simply becuase it is not my kind of product.

on 3/22/2017 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Holy grail for sensitive and dry skin!
This is the only cleanser my sensitive skin tolerates, works really well for removing sunscreen/sunblock, dirt, everything! (I don't use make-up but I've heard it removes make-up like a charm). It also moisturizes slightly and is super-gentle! Unlike other cleansers, ultrabland doesn't dry you skin out AT ALL! If used in great quantities, it might get greasy and clog pores,
I don't use this together with water, and still it works great! Just rub some ultrabland into the skin and then use a dry or sligthly damp towel/cotton-pad to remove the oils from your face, and you're done!
Ultrabland can also be used as a really thick lotion for dry patches or other problem-areas.

Pros:
- gentle product
- slightly moisturizing
- no irritated skin
- a little goes a looong way
- no water required
- multipurpose

negative:
- could get greasy
- may clog pores (depending on skin-type)

Who's this product for? People with sensitive and/or dry skin! also people who use alot of make-up, and are willing to use 2 cleansers, Ultrabland for removing heavy make-up, and another cleanser for removing the oiliness that ultrabland creates. Other skin-types should try it out before making ultrabland part of their routine.

Who should steer clear from Ultrabland? People who are extremly oily and prone to get acne!

on 3/1/2017 1:29:00 AM

I give this cleanser 4/5 simply because sometimes it's difficult to remove from my face and it doesn't take off makeup well. Applying it is definitely different than other cleansers (so much so I actually had to teach a few of my friends how to use it).

I really like how gentle this cleanser is and I like how it's all-natural (which was a great difference from the Mary Kay Botanicals I used). Every time I wash my face my skin feels very soft. I like how a little goes a long way which I think is worth noting due to this being pricier than other cleansers.

I have a full-size pot and a smaller one that I was given as gifts so I'm set on this one for a while. If your skin needs a little reset and rehab, I highly recommend this product. Just be sure you have washcloths available because that's the only way to REALLY get this stuff off.

on 2/1/2017 9:45:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have been using Ultra Bland as part of my skin care routine for almost 6 months now and I love it! I didn't do the 'Ultra Bland Challenge' where you only use this on your face for 30 days because I used other skin care products for other reasons but in general this is awesome.

I use this at night and it gets rid of makeup - ALL OF IT!! - really well, even eyeliner, dark eye shadow and mascara . . . gone! It is an interesting texture though and you do need to kind of scrub it off, as in it won't just wash off in the shower like some cleansers do, but it's worth it.

It leaves my skin feeling really soft, however it isn't doing it alone. The one downside to this is that you almost need to use it with an additional product or two: toner and a moisturizer. It does well moisturizing on its own but some of us need a little extra in that area. You should use a toner because it does kind of leave a residue on your skin and it would probably be beneficial to wipe it off. I use a home made toner but you could easily use the one from LUSH with it, as I've heard some great things about it.

It's a really, really great product in my opinion and has worked really well for my skin care routine. I have really pale skin, but my cheeks tend to get really red. I have noticed it's help to even out complexion although other products have also helped to calm the redness so the overall improvement in my skin isn't just because of this although I feel ultra bland has definitely contributed in a positive way. I will definitely be repurchasing, and already have a couple times, because it's a great foundation to my overall skincare routine and I feel it really gets rid of the makeup, which is important to me.

on 1/20/2017 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Dissolves makeup like magic! This leaves my skin incredibly supple and comfortable. I need only a teensy bit to clean my whole face. Good-bye Ponds...This is the best!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Edit 2/3/17: I'm on the UltraBland challenge!! No skincare except UltraBland for 30 days. I can't wait to see how this goes!!! Will update. My skin has been amazing w this.
---
Original review: I recently got this, I think my skin is "purging," it did that when I used Noxzema & MAC Cleansing Oil & no problems using them now but I did in the beginning so I predict the one blemish I got is transient & coincidental it's bringing the impurities up to the surface from deep cleansing. I felt like I never did get that last layer of my skin til I started using Ultra Bland. The scent is non offensive. Vaguely smells like honey & cream. I use a tiny amount we are talking peasized on dry skin & massage it in then I go with a wash rag soaked in extremely hot water & leave it on my face to steam it for about 30 seconds then use the wash rag to scrub this gently off my face. I then follow w Lush Tea Tree Water toner sprayed all over, then a bit of powder on the tzone. I have to keep a mineral powder or pressed powder on my skin or I swear I break out much, MUCH more I know it seems counterintuitive to put something on but my skin has to have oil control or it goes ballistic. Spot treat a few blemishes w Clinique salicylic acid 2%, working for me so I'll stick with it #worksforme #winning I will hope to update once the purging phase is over. If you have oily skin try putting a bit of mineral powder or cornstarch baby powder on your tzone works wonders to control excess oil & breakouts, it will not make breakouts get worse I get so oily/greasy otherwise. Trick I learned when I was going to a church many years ago where we weren't sup to wear MU, my face was a hot mess without some mineral powder on tzone. Mineral MU is so gentle u can sleep in it. It may not work for ev1. Use at your own risk of course. I have powder on my face 24/7 & that's what works for me. Ultra Bland w Tea Tree Water doesn't make my face feel tight. Most LUSH higher ups incorporate this into their skin care regimens & it is suitable for all skin types even oily ur skin will purge at first but it will be OK! I will update.

on 1/3/2017 6:16:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I really like this - I've been using it for about a week, my skin got a bit dry after a cold and Christmas - not sure which was responsible.
Very rich, but my skin is recovering - I wash it of with a linen cloth and warm water.
Reminds me of Eve Lom Morning time cleanser which I also like - the packaging isn't as good, but being around half the price more than makes up for that.

Because the product is open to the air when the lid is off, I'd probably avoid buying the very large tubs, even though it works out cheaper - but I will definitely be getting this again.

on 12/30/2016 1:33:00 PM

I bought this when my skin went crazy after a good period and it didn't seem to clear up with just using Philosophy Purity Made Simple (which I love) as a cleanser. Reviews here convinced me to give it a shot, even though I was skeptical before.

Using it wasn't difficult and I love how it leaves your skin clean but completely hydrated. In combination with Eau Roma toner from Lush, after two weeks of use my skin has calmed down and is back to looking rather good. I'm super pleased! Will absolutely repurchase this because the effects far outweigh the costs.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

Ultrabland gets rid of any makeup (even waterproof). I just put it on my face with my finger then rub it off with a dry tissue and it removes all my makeup! My only complaint is that it does leave my face feeling a bit oily, but it can be washed of easily with a good cleanser.

on 12/7/2016 4:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

After a day of full make-up and/or loads of SPF this is my second cleanse, after the Garnier Micellar Water with Argan Oil. It removes all the last traces that weren't taken away by the first cleanse. It leaves my skin very soft and clean, without drying it out. It does leave a little residu on your skin, I spray one of Lush's toners (BoFA or Eau Roma) after use and this takes care of that. It is fairly priced IMHO as you don't need much. The small container is easy to take with you when travelling.