LUSH Ultra Bland Facial Cleanser

LUSH Ultra Bland Facial Cleanser
LUSH - Ultrabland

Almond Oil , Rose Water (Rosa centifolia), Beeswax (Cera alba), Honey, Fresh Iris Extract (Iris florentina), Glycerine, Rose Absolute (Rosa centifolia), Tincture of Benzoin (Styrax benzoin), Sodium Borate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

In the beginning I loved this product. The small pot goes long, it’s very comfortable to use it. It doesn’t irritate the skin and it’s suitable for dry skin. The only thing what I don’t like is the fact that I need to make sure I have time to do double cleanse. It’s very thick and also the bee wax doesn’t go easy from your skin. So I need to make extra effort to clean and rinse this product out of my face.

on 5/15/2018 4:10:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

On my third tub of this. My skin is sensitive and was experiencing breakouts last year due to stress and hormones. Ultra Bland fixed my skin. It's very easy to use. You just rub it all over your face on its own then wipe it off with a soft warm cloth.
Seriously, give it a try. If it's not for you, fine but I've recommended it to several people who all love it.

Interesting product. Goes on like crisco, which feels surprisingly nice. Unfortunately, the physical act of removing it with a washcloth irritates my skin. It does leave a film, most likely the beeswax. It doesn't seem like you can follow up with much else, as whatever you applied to your face would now be sitting on beeswax; not absorbing into your skin. It does seem to help a lot of people, so worth a shot. Not useful enough for me.

on 3/23/2018 9:37:00 AM

It took me a long time to like this product. I definitely MUST double cleanse after ultra bland, and if I don’t...I pay for it. It’s true that it takes off all traces of makeup, doesn’t irritate the eyes, and is perfect for sensitive skin. It is quite expensive, BUT the small tub has lasted me three months, and I’m pretty sure I it will last for one more. No greasy residue is left behind after wiping, which is great. No harsh/synthetic fragrances; just great all around.

on 3/9/2018 4:50:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

It is VERY RARE I write a review after ONE USE but I just have to on this one.

I saw a youtuber recommend this product on a video about how to tame a breakout. I have always had acne but it had calmed down for several years but I always had small breakouts. Recently, my skin is red, dry and flaky but ALSO OILY, inflamed and I have huge spots which are painful and deep. This could be due to stress or weather? I can't figure it out but it's causing me grief.

I went into store to ask about Ultrabland and the lady showed me on my hand. I had my reservations since you cannot wash this off with water. It has wax and oils in it that do not budge with water. I was recommended to use a cotton pad or face cloth and just put on a moisturiser if I wanted after. This freaked me out big time since I need to wash my face or I don't feel clean! I was advised I can double cleanse regardless.

I took it anyway out of desperation for my skin that was raging and inflamed. I tried it last night to take off a days worth of heavy make up. I started with a few swipes of it on my face and worked away with my cotton pad. LIKE MAGIC the make up came off, no harsh rubbing and NO RESIDUE!!!!
I then tried my eyes - I was told it was safe. Oil cleansers make my eyes go fuzzy and I temporarily lose eyesight with a fuzzy haze. I put some of the product on the cotton pad and swiped away tough mascara, eyeliner and eyeshadow in one go. It was like a dream.

After a good wipe, I looked at my skin and found 0 traces of make up or eye make up. It really was amazing, I could have just left it like that. I did double cleanse with a face wash but my face felt amazing after. Some of the wax/oil stayed on my face but that was a good feeling since I didn't feel tightness from my stripping face wash and it left a nice subtle glow. I moisturised and went to bed.

Waking up, I can see/feel clean and soft skin. I'm just so happy a natural and non-irritable product can take off my make up so well. As for taming my acne, its early days and I'll update this review. I had to write it just to show you all how amazing this takes off EVERY TRACE of make up! 100% recommend.

on 2/27/2018 11:24:00 AM

Have being using this for years. It is the best cleanser if you have problem skin. I have sensitive, dehydrated, combination acne prone skin and this has being a lifesaver. The medium size lasts for months and months so value for money and I use it twice a day. I live in the west of Ireland do have to order off the lush website and its there in just a couple of days.

on 1/23/2018 4:17:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I always hesitate to put anything on my skin as I am extremely acne-prone with dry patches and oiliness. For about a year or so I stopped cleansing my skin entirely and would just remove my make-up with a cotton round and lotion at night. However, I recently noticed that my skin had started looking a bit dull and so I picked up this cleanser after reading all the good reviews. I've been using it for about 2 months now (about 2 -3 times per week) and it has not broken me out yet!! Might have found my new HG cleanser.

I use it as they instructed at the store - rub it in for a few minutes (it feels lovely on the skin), and then take it off with a warm to hot washcloth. I find that it does a good job taking my makeup off at night and my skin always looks glowy and fresh in the morning.

I'm 34 and I have dry / sensitive / acne-prone skin.

I recently started a new job in London with a 5 hour daily commute and found that my skin became very dry and tired but greasy and spotty around my nose and forehead - so basically it reverted to my teenage years! I think this is down to a combination of heating / cold weather drying my skin plus the LONG days and dirty city air.

I decided to try Ultra Bland after a recommendation from a friend. It's kind of a strange product because it's really thick and greasy with a weird smell but it does feel nice on parched skin. Although the product doesn't upset my skin, as other reviewers have said, you need to take it off with a washcloth which was making my skin feel a bit sore so I've gone back to my trusty Cetaphil and started using it at night once or twice a week to deep oil cleanse my skin instead. I sometimes follow it with the Lush Oatfix mask which really makes my face feel nice and soft.

on 11/18/2017 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have super sensitive skin that reacts and turns red and hot from most cleansers. The Lush SA recommended this to me and demonstrated it on the back of my hand in the store. It's a weird product. I'm glad I bought a small tub. Its sticky and thick and waxy. My skin doesn't react to the ingredients in the product itself but the process of wiping it off with a warm to hot washcloth does aggravate my skin. I've been using this as the first step in a two part cleansing routine. I rub this on my face and eyes to break up my makeup and then I was it all off using Cerave foaming cleanser. I'm just using it this way to use it all up, it was expensive and I won't purchase again when it's gone.

on 11/16/2017 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I️ am on my third tub of this stuff and I️ have to say I️ really enjoy it. I️ don’t use it daily, but when I️ feel like my skin could use a break from all the harsh washes and scrubs I️ use on a weekly basis but I️ still need to remove my makeup, I️ turn to this and I’m always really satisfied afterward. I’ve noticed a lot of people saying they feel as though it leaves a “film” on your skin afterward, well isn’t that the point? After I️ use this stuff I️ feel like I️ need less moisturizer than normal. I️ massage a decent amount all over my face then either remove with a warm wash cloth or toner and a cotton round (I️ use Lush’s Breath of Fresh Air). I️ have pretty sensitive skin and this has always done a good job of removing my makeup and never causing irritation.