LUSH Ultra Bland

LUSH Ultra Bland
LUSH - Ultrabland

Almond Oil , Rose Water (Rosa centifolia), Beeswax (Cera alba), Honey, Fresh Iris Extract (Iris florentina), Glycerine, Rose Absolute (Rosa centifolia), Tincture of Benzoin (Styrax benzoin), Sodium Borate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

on 11/18/2017 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have super sensitive skin that reacts and turns red and hot from most cleansers. The Lush SA recommended this to me and demonstrated it on the back of my hand in the store. It's a weird product. I'm glad I bought a small tub. Its sticky and thick and waxy. My skin doesn't react to the ingredients in the product itself but the process of wiping it off with a warm to hot washcloth does aggravate my skin. I've been using this as the first step in a two part cleansing routine. I rub this on my face and eyes to break up my makeup and then I was it all off using Cerave foaming cleanser. I'm just using it this way to use it all up, it was expensive and I won't purchase again when it's gone.

on 11/16/2017 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I️ am on my third tub of this stuff and I️ have to say I️ really enjoy it. I️ don’t use it daily, but when I️ feel like my skin could use a break from all the harsh washes and scrubs I️ use on a weekly basis but I️ still need to remove my makeup, I️ turn to this and I’m always really satisfied afterward. I’ve noticed a lot of people saying they feel as though it leaves a “film” on your skin afterward, well isn’t that the point? After I️ use this stuff I️ feel like I️ need less moisturizer than normal. I️ massage a decent amount all over my face then either remove with a warm wash cloth or toner and a cotton round (I️ use Lush’s Breath of Fresh Air). I️ have pretty sensitive skin and this has always done a good job of removing my makeup and never causing irritation.

on 11/11/2017 8:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

One of my favorite cleansers. Take it off with a washcloth. It is gentle on the skin and leaves it feeling and looking nice. This is a product I recommend for any skin type and age, I have 3 friends to whom I recommended this product and they love it!.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I rate this product pretty highly becuase it is not a bad product. It is just not the type of product I prefer to use. I like that it does not have a stong fragrance put in it and that you need extremely little product to cleanse your face. To me this is an evening cleanser that I must use in the shower becuase it is very hard to get off. I smear a penny size portion all over my face and then step in to the shower. Even hot steaming water and rubbing my face with my hands wont get this off so I use a washcloth to rinse it off in the shower. I would not use this outside of the shower becuase I wear plenty of makeup in my face and I feel that if I would just smear this all over my face without using water it would not clean off everything. I do not like cleansing gels because I feel they strip my skin too much but I prefer thinner consistency cleansers like cleansing milks. I dont need to use them in the shower and I always use a toner afterwards. After I finish my pot I wont be buying again, simply becuase it is not my kind of product.

on 3/22/2017 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Holy grail for sensitive and dry skin!
This is the only cleanser my sensitive skin tolerates, works really well for removing sunscreen/sunblock, dirt, everything! (I don't use make-up but I've heard it removes make-up like a charm). It also moisturizes slightly and is super-gentle! Unlike other cleansers, ultrabland doesn't dry you skin out AT ALL! If used in great quantities, it might get greasy and clog pores,
I don't use this together with water, and still it works great! Just rub some ultrabland into the skin and then use a dry or sligthly damp towel/cotton-pad to remove the oils from your face, and you're done!
Ultrabland can also be used as a really thick lotion for dry patches or other problem-areas.

Pros:
- gentle product
- slightly moisturizing
- no irritated skin
- a little goes a looong way
- no water required
- multipurpose

negative:
- could get greasy
- may clog pores (depending on skin-type)

Who's this product for? People with sensitive and/or dry skin! also people who use alot of make-up, and are willing to use 2 cleansers, Ultrabland for removing heavy make-up, and another cleanser for removing the oiliness that ultrabland creates. Other skin-types should try it out before making ultrabland part of their routine.

Who should steer clear from Ultrabland? People who are extremly oily and prone to get acne!

on 10/15/2017 4:29:00 PM

it is my - by far - biggest Lush disappoitment. i have high hopes, when i started to use Ultrabland and basically my adult acne under control (more or less, depend on the time of the month obviously). i used it only at evenings for a few day and i have the massive, MASSIVE breakout. i haven't had such a red, cystic volcanos since i stoped to use drugstore cheap cosmetic. at first i thought, that maybe my hormons gone wilder than usually, but then i dicovered that after using Ultrabland (and warm cloth) i still have to use second cleanser or - at least - my Bioderma micelar water. to be honest, i don't use that much of a makeup, barely a tinted moisturizer and some of concealer, and Ultrabland didn't handle even that. but ok, i'm a double cleanse kind of girl, i could live with that (although i buy it to reduce my cosmetic bag and shorten my evening skin care routine), but this horrible breakout was getting worse and worse, so i kick Ultrabland out and currently i back to my Origins + Bioderma + Luna combo and i see a little improvement. most importantly - since i stop to use Ultrabland there are no new pimples and i have "only" the old ones to heal.

in the end - cause i have almost full jar of it, i use it as a feet cream and i guess they're more happy about Ultrabland than my face was...

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Edit 2/3/17: I'm on the UltraBland challenge!! No skincare except UltraBland for 30 days. I can't wait to see how this goes!!! Will update. My skin has been amazing w this.
---
Original review: I recently got this, I think my skin is "purging," it did that when I used Noxzema & MAC Cleansing Oil & no problems using them now but I did in the beginning so I predict the one blemish I got is transient & coincidental it's bringing the impurities up to the surface from deep cleansing. I felt like I never did get that last layer of my skin til I started using Ultra Bland. The scent is non offensive. Vaguely smells like honey & cream. I use a tiny amount we are talking peasized on dry skin & massage it in then I go with a wash rag soaked in extremely hot water & leave it on my face to steam it for about 30 seconds then use the wash rag to scrub this gently off my face. I then follow w Lush Tea Tree Water toner sprayed all over, then a bit of powder on the tzone. I have to keep a mineral powder or pressed powder on my skin or I swear I break out much, MUCH more I know it seems counterintuitive to put something on but my skin has to have oil control or it goes ballistic. Spot treat a few blemishes w Clinique salicylic acid 2%, working for me so I'll stick with it #worksforme #winning I will hope to update once the purging phase is over. If you have oily skin try putting a bit of mineral powder or cornstarch baby powder on your tzone works wonders to control excess oil & breakouts, it will not make breakouts get worse I get so oily/greasy otherwise. Trick I learned when I was going to a church many years ago where we weren't sup to wear MU, my face was a hot mess without some mineral powder on tzone. Mineral MU is so gentle u can sleep in it. It may not work for ev1. Use at your own risk of course. I have powder on my face 24/7 & that's what works for me. Ultra Bland w Tea Tree Water doesn't make my face feel tight. Most LUSH higher ups incorporate this into their skin care regimens & it is suitable for all skin types even oily ur skin will purge at first but it will be OK! I will update.

on 1/20/2017 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Dissolves makeup like magic! This leaves my skin incredibly supple and comfortable. I need only a teensy bit to clean my whole face. Good-bye Ponds...This is the best!

on 2/1/2017 9:45:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have been using Ultra Bland as part of my skin care routine for almost 6 months now and I love it! I didn't do the 'Ultra Bland Challenge' where you only use this on your face for 30 days because I used other skin care products for other reasons but in general this is awesome.

I use this at night and it gets rid of makeup - ALL OF IT!! - really well, even eyeliner, dark eye shadow and mascara . . . gone! It is an interesting texture though and you do need to kind of scrub it off, as in it won't just wash off in the shower like some cleansers do, but it's worth it.

It leaves my skin feeling really soft, however it isn't doing it alone. The one downside to this is that you almost need to use it with an additional product or two: toner and a moisturizer. It does well moisturizing on its own but some of us need a little extra in that area. You should use a toner because it does kind of leave a residue on your skin and it would probably be beneficial to wipe it off. I use a home made toner but you could easily use the one from LUSH with it, as I've heard some great things about it.

It's a really, really great product in my opinion and has worked really well for my skin care routine. I have really pale skin, but my cheeks tend to get really red. I have noticed it's help to even out complexion although other products have also helped to calm the redness so the overall improvement in my skin isn't just because of this although I feel ultra bland has definitely contributed in a positive way. I will definitely be repurchasing, and already have a couple times, because it's a great foundation to my overall skincare routine and I feel it really gets rid of the makeup, which is important to me.

on 3/1/2017 1:29:00 AM

I give this cleanser 4/5 simply because sometimes it's difficult to remove from my face and it doesn't take off makeup well. Applying it is definitely different than other cleansers (so much so I actually had to teach a few of my friends how to use it).

I really like how gentle this cleanser is and I like how it's all-natural (which was a great difference from the Mary Kay Botanicals I used). Every time I wash my face my skin feels very soft. I like how a little goes a long way which I think is worth noting due to this being pricier than other cleansers.

I have a full-size pot and a smaller one that I was given as gifts so I'm set on this one for a while. If your skin needs a little reset and rehab, I highly recommend this product. Just be sure you have washcloths available because that's the only way to REALLY get this stuff off.

EDIT: I had to move this down to 3/5 because I tried to return to this wash after running out of Cetaphil and it was a mess and made me feel hella greasy.