Chanel Precision Eye Tonic Dark Circle Corrector

Filtered by eye Color : Blue

2.7

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I've been using this product for a few months now, and my dark circles are darker and more visible than ever! The other day my boyfriend asked if had a black eye!
Not only that, but my undereyes have started to burn when I apply it!

I got this as a birthday present and was so impressed that someone bought me Chanel, boy have I changed my mind!
Totally overpriced, and not at all worth the hype.

I have used other creams before to do something about my dark circles and thin skin, and frankly I did not expect this tonic to work well. My dark circles have not totally disappeared but after two weeks use of this tonic I look a lot better, people even tell me that I look less tired. I did not have any problems with the roller ball yet. I am afraid of dropping the bottle, therefore I always keep the bottle in the small box.

Jury is still out on this one. I think it has done a pretty good job but I hate the packaging (I always pop the rollerball out and just tip it over on my finger tip to get product out, rollerball DOES NOT work) I think I am going to try DHC's new eyebright b/c it's A LOT cheaper and see if there is a big difference. If I don't like it I'll come back to this one.*****UPDATE**** I ended up leaving this one all together, just not worth the price and I haven't noticed any difference since discontinuing it.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Let me say first that, having used the entire tube, this did nothing for my dark circles. However, it is a nice, lightweight moisturizer for the eye area. The roll-on applicator is clever and makes it easy to get the product where you want it. Also, it seemed to decrease morning puffiness. Overall, though, I won't repurchase--especially given the price.

I tried this product for the advised 6 weeks it would take to see results (for my dark circles). I did not see any noticeable difference. I have also tried the Laprairie Eye Caviar, but did not notice any real difference either.

This is a new product from Chanel, to help undereye dark circles. My dark circles are VERY dark, inherited. I've been using this product 2x a day religiously for about six (6) weeks. I usually use this with an eye moisturizer.

The package directions advise 3 applications per session. I did a single (1) application per session.

I did see a noticeable lightening immediately on the first application. However, I wanted a more dramatic change for the $50 price. Based on the advice of the Chanel counter at my local Nordstrom that it may take a few weeks, I kept applying it.

Over the past week, I've started noticing that my dark circles are MUCH lighter. The Eye Tonic package says it takes four weeks--for me it took six weeks. They have not disappeared completely, but now it is NOTICEABLY brighter--much much closer to the rest of my skin tone-- I am pleased with these results. I am still using a concealer--but a much sheerer one and I would consider leaving the house w/o a concealer at all (I never would have before!).

The application is fine--you use a steel ball applicator which is smooth, cool and pleasant. The product absorbs in a few minutes.

***
UPDATE: unfortunately, it ended up POSSIBLY drying out the area under my eyes a bit also...but it was hard to tell if it was it or something else, since I'm always trying new things. I still have the same bottle and still use it whenever I am going out b/c I think it does help *a little* (and temporarily) just doing it superficially like that from time to time. But can't say I stand by the thrill of my original impression :-( ***

WOW! This is the first dark circle treatment I've ever used where I honestly feel like I can SEE a difference VERY QUICKLY. I can't use a lot of the vitamin k products out there because they practically burn off the skin under my eyes, but I have been using this twice a day (followed by Vanicream where laugh lines will eventually appear) and I have not had that happen so far. Not only does it aborb 100% (and very fast, at that- it is a tonic and not an "eye cream"), it makes the area look better without looking all ridiculously shiny and sparkly like some. My makeup appears to go on better, stay on better, and I have DEFINITELY lightened up on my concealer from practically the first use or two of this. I am not a brand loyalist, so I have no "investment" in giving Chanel a great review on this. Now, I still have dark circles and you can still tell when I get more or lesser amounts of sleep by my undereye area, but this stuff is THE BEST SKINCARE PRODUCT I"VE EVER TRIED FOR DIRECTLY ADDRESSING MY PROBLEM. I am beyond thrilled.