Redken Redken Extreme Rescue Force Fortifying Treatment [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Redken Redken Extreme Rescue Force Fortifying Treatment [DISCONTINUED]

Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Octyldodecanol, Amodimethicone, Isopropyl Alcohol, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Citric Acid, potassium sorbate, Benzoic Acid, Trideceth 6, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG Propyl Silanetriol, Cetyl Alcohol, Arginine, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Quaternium 33, Cetrimonium Chloride, Benzyl Benzoate, 2 Oleamido 1,3 Octadecanediol, Phenoxyethanol, Limonene (NEW FORMULE - IPN)

on 2/21/2010 8:49:00 AM

This conditioner/reconstructor works magic. Really, after using once or twice a week followed by a conditioner it makes your hair behave more like healthy hair. I actually like my hair now, which is funny because I was on the verge of chopping it all off before this stuff.

on 3/2/2009 5:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

My hair is past my waist and foiled blonde. Lately I'd noticed little bits snapping off when brushing my hair, so I was looking for something with protein in it, but not a whole heap as my hair isn't really damaged. I chose this treatment, and so far it's made my hair feel better. It feels more conditioned, smoother and strong. I'll probably alternate this with a moisturising conditioner and use it every other wash. At this stage, I'll re-purchase. In Australia, this comes in a tub, but as it's quite runny for a treatment, I'd rather it came in the tube as it seems it does in the US.

on 9/25/2008 10:19:00 AM

I love this more than the deep fuel. I use this every other day, then I apply my conditioner all soft after I rinse this out, I let it sit in my hair for about 10 minutes in the shower. My hair is SO much better. I had a lot of breakage from bleach highlights and this has made a dramatic difference with my hair, it's growing faster, shinier, So much better! I am so glad I started using this again. It shows!

on 2/1/2008 10:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I agree with some others -- it's not good at moisturizing, but it sure does make your hair feel strong. After using this just a few times, I combed out my wet hair, and almost *no* hair came out! And that's a rarity. It does contain protein, but I called Redken headquarters to ask how it could be a "Use as needed" product when it contains protein. They told me that originally, it contained animal protein, which will break your hair if you use it too often. But now it contains soy (plant protein), so you can use it as much as you need to and it won't cause breakage. That said, it's not very moisturizing, so I recommend a moisturizing conditioner be used after it. Good stuff.

on 11/16/2006 12:37:00 PM

Why is it that so many people can't understand what a protein treatment is for? Bringing down the rating of a product because you don't understand what it's for is not good.

It does what it should, repair your hair. I have curly, damaged hair and I need to balance protein and moisture and the Extreme line is great because it's not as strong as aphogee (and stinky) so I can use it more frequent.

You must follow up a protein treatment with a deep conditioner or your hair will feel dry and brittle. I also begin with clarified hair so it "takes" the treatment better.

on 5/19/2006 9:36:00 PM

I call this "Extreme Farce".....I hated it! It dried out my hair and stripped some of my color! Not cheap either..I paid almost $16 for it. Rip off!