Redken Redken Extreme Rescue Force Fortifying Treatment [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Redken Redken Extreme Rescue Force Fortifying Treatment [DISCONTINUED]

4.4

Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Octyldodecanol, Amodimethicone, Isopropyl Alcohol, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Citric Acid, potassium sorbate, Benzoic Acid, Trideceth 6, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG Propyl Silanetriol, Cetyl Alcohol, Arginine, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Quaternium 33, Cetrimonium Chloride, Benzyl Benzoate, 2 Oleamido 1,3 Octadecanediol, Phenoxyethanol, Limonene (NEW FORMULE - IPN)

on 2/21/2010 8:49:00 AM

This conditioner/reconstructor works magic. Really, after using once or twice a week followed by a conditioner it makes your hair behave more like healthy hair. I actually like my hair now, which is funny because I was on the verge of chopping it all off before this stuff.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've used this product for several years. I can't believe I didn't write a review a long time ago. This is a protein treatment that is supposed to stop hair breakage and strengthen and fortify damaged hair. That's exactly what it does. My hair is thinning and fine due to a health problem, and this stops the breakage and restores shine and strength to my hair. It does not make your hair feel soft after you use it, and it won't make it easy to brush out either, but it never promises to do that. I don't use this regularly, just when I feel like I need it, especially in the winter. One treatment gives excellent results, and after three or four my hair is back to looking as good as it possibly can considering I don't have the full head of hair I used to. I highly recommend this product. ($17.00 USD)

on 12/26/2009 6:24:00 AM

Love this. I use this once and sometimes twice a week on my very damaged dry hair and it has helped a lot. I've been dyeing my hair from black to blond so many times and this has left my hair super damaged and it got to the point where all my top layers just started breaking off but this treatment has stopped the breakage. You need to use a good moisturizing conditioner with this tho but other then that definitely recommend this.<33

on 7/25/2007 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

This dramatically changed my hair. My hair was extremely distressed from constant flat ironing. This restored moisture, shine and body to my hair. I look like I have someon else's hair attached to my head. What I do is shampoo first, leave protein treatment in my hair as I shave, wash my face, etc and rinse. I follow with a good conditioner (right now I am using Bed Head Brunette Goddess shampoo & conditioner) and rinse. Voila! When I have more time I will leave it in for 20 minutes as suggested by someone on here and rinse and follow with conditioner. I think some people that aren't having great results probably don't have distressed or damaged hair in the first place. In my case it was exactly my problem and it restored my hair. I found it softened my hair when I rinsed it out even before I put conditioner in. This is wonderful stuff, saved my hair!

on 8/14/2005 10:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I asked my stylist for the thickest Redken conditioner, and she gave me this. What I wanted was something so thick that, when you squeeze it out of the tube, you get a straight tube of cream, instead of the cream running all over the place. Alas, this is no thicker than any average conditioner. I apply this to my hair after showering, and then some more, and then some more! It seems I can never coat my hair with this, and it's not even shoulder-length. I leave it on for abt. 10 min., and then rinse. And...knots and tangles! I have to put in other conditioner after this! What is up with this? Perhaps I should just leave it on for an hour. Anyway, I am sick of this and have purchased Butter Treat in high hopes.
EDIT: Okay, since I have looked back at the reviews posted here and have read how some think this product's rating is being brought down unfairly, allow me to elaborate. And I quote from the back of my Extreme Rescue Force Tube: "Rescue Force fortifying treatment is a silky, RICH CREAM that provides DEEP CONDITIONING and repair to strengthen and restore distressed hair....Hair is left in ENHANCED CONDITION with INCREASED MANAGEABILITY AND SHINE." Sorry for the caps, but I had to point out that Redken is selling this product as a retexturizer and conditioner, which is why they are using the aforementioned capitalized words to describe it. If indeed it was not meant to condition, then the wording needs to be changed. And indeed, this product did not do what it says it will. My hair was not shiny, but brittle after use. My hair was not more manageable, but tangly. And it did not feel as if it were in better condition, rather, it felt horrible. So I feel entirely justified in rating this poorly since it did not do for me what it claims to do.
If Redken decides to start marketing this product as a retexturizer or a protein treatment only and drops the language that describes it as conditioning, then I would change my review.