Redken Redken Extreme Rescue Force Fortifying Treatment [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Redken Redken Extreme Rescue Force Fortifying Treatment [DISCONTINUED]

4.2

Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Octyldodecanol, Amodimethicone, Isopropyl Alcohol, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Citric Acid, potassium sorbate, Benzoic Acid, Trideceth 6, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG Propyl Silanetriol, Cetyl Alcohol, Arginine, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Quaternium 33, Cetrimonium Chloride, Benzyl Benzoate, 2 Oleamido 1,3 Octadecanediol, Phenoxyethanol, Limonene (NEW FORMULE - IPN)

I have tried many masques in my day. However I knew that by purchasing this product my hair wouldn't feel soft and scrumptious, as it is a PROTEIN-based treatment. Anytime that you use a protein-based treatment, your hair is not going to feel amazing. But for some reason when I used it, in fact my hair almost felt more damaged than it already was, rather sponge-like.
I think this is a treatment to use prior to your regular conditioner in order to achieve the softness that you want, otherwise you surely aren't going to get it from this product.

on 1/15/2012 10:54:00 PM

I have hair that is colored from a med blonde to light blonde every five weeks. My hair is blown dry and flatironed a few times every week and try not to use much in way of products. I spend a lot of time at the gym and put my hair in a pony tail daily. About a month ago, I started noticing considerable breakage around the crown of my head and was using Aveda Smoothing shampoo and conditioner- so i didn't thought I was doing what I could. My stylist recommended that I use Redken All Soft shampoo and Redken Extreme conditioner to get my hair back into shape. After two weeks, my hair definately feels much more healthy and the breakage has stopped. And to make me even more excited, I ended up finding liters of the products at Ulta for $15 each! Needless to say, I stocked up... I would definately recommended Redken Extreme to others who are experiencing hair weakness and breakage.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have been very pleased with this product. How I use it is; I wash my hair with regular shampoo, then apply a quarter size amount and work all through my hair, let sit for approx 5-7 minutes, rinse, and then follow up with a really good conditioner. I do this about 1-2 times a month. I have non-colored hair, I rarely use any heat, and I use very little products. So I don't feel I "need" to use this any more.

It makes my hair feel really soft! It pretty much stays that way for a few weeks. It's a little pricey, but I have spent way more on products before. I think price point really just depends on the individual. Remember this is a "protein treatment" you need to use a conditioner afterwards or you won't be to happy!

on 2/21/2010 8:49:00 AM

This conditioner/reconstructor works magic. Really, after using once or twice a week followed by a conditioner it makes your hair behave more like healthy hair. I actually like my hair now, which is funny because I was on the verge of chopping it all off before this stuff.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've used this product for several years. I can't believe I didn't write a review a long time ago. This is a protein treatment that is supposed to stop hair breakage and strengthen and fortify damaged hair. That's exactly what it does. My hair is thinning and fine due to a health problem, and this stops the breakage and restores shine and strength to my hair. It does not make your hair feel soft after you use it, and it won't make it easy to brush out either, but it never promises to do that. I don't use this regularly, just when I feel like I need it, especially in the winter. One treatment gives excellent results, and after three or four my hair is back to looking as good as it possibly can considering I don't have the full head of hair I used to. I highly recommend this product. ($17.00 USD)

on 1/18/2010 9:54:00 AM

I am one of those 'fine hair and LOTS of it' types, who made the mistake of bleaching my naturally darkblonde hair to a lighter shade. My hair was in need of moisture and I had a lot of split ends and breakage. I've tried a lot of products over the years high and low end and this one did not leave a good impression on me.

I have hair that soaks up a lot of product, so each time I used it (once weekly or fortnightly) I had to use a lot to cover my hair even from midsection down, more than most other high end brands that I've tried. I used an entire 250mL tub of it over 5 or so uses!!! (I have waist long hair). It is a runny consistency with a very strong 'rocket fuel' smell which is off-putting. It is a protein treatment, but on the back it says that it is a deep conditioner as well. This is not a moisturising product, I know that it is a DEEP conditioner, but I never felt any positive effects. Infact I found that if you don't condition your hair very well afterwards your hair is like STRAW! And even if you do condition afterwards it is still dry and I get some snappage. I know you have to be careful with too much protein - if you leave it too long it will make your hair dry and prone to snappage - but I couldn't even leave this on for 5 minutes without it drying out my hair (and you are recommended to leave it on anything up to 15 mins!!) My hair wasn't in top shape to begin with, but I didn't need any sort of 'extreme rescue' until I used this product!!

on 12/26/2009 6:24:00 AM

Love this. I use this once and sometimes twice a week on my very damaged dry hair and it has helped a lot. I've been dyeing my hair from black to blond so many times and this has left my hair super damaged and it got to the point where all my top layers just started breaking off but this treatment has stopped the breakage. You need to use a good moisturizing conditioner with this tho but other then that definitely recommend this.<33

on 3/9/2009 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

EXtreme products are THE best. I have fine hair that has become very fragile from a thyroid condition. I use the CAT treatment followed by Deep Fuel once a week. When I get away from this routine, my hair gets soooo fragile. This changes things dramatically after just one use. Okay, back to Extreme Rescue. I use this in the shower after extreme shampoo. Squeeze excess moisture out and apply from roots to ends and let sit under shower cap while I do everything else. Rinse and use moisturizing conditioner (All Soft or some other heavy duty moisturizer). The Extreme leaves my hair so manageable. The ends are heavy (read not fly away), but my hair still has body. I also use the Anti snap roots to ends and the new product (Ironwear?) on the ends. No more tangles, smooth, with great texture and movement. PLEEEEEZE peeps, Rescue Force is not a moisturizer or detangler, it is a fortifying treatment. Use something else on top of it to detangle and moisturize. Will buy forever!

on 10/13/2008 4:04:00 PM

This was the first product I've ever used from Redken and its not bad. It made my hair shiny and a tad bit stronger. It doesn't weigh my hair down but this definately is not my holy grail hair treatment product. I feel as if I can find something better than this. The smell is a bit too strong for my taste.

on 2/1/2008 10:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I agree with some others -- it's not good at moisturizing, but it sure does make your hair feel strong. After using this just a few times, I combed out my wet hair, and almost *no* hair came out! And that's a rarity. It does contain protein, but I called Redken headquarters to ask how it could be a "Use as needed" product when it contains protein. They told me that originally, it contained animal protein, which will break your hair if you use it too often. But now it contains soy (plant protein), so you can use it as much as you need to and it won't cause breakage. That said, it's not very moisturizing, so I recommend a moisturizing conditioner be used after it. Good stuff.