Redken Redken Extreme Rescue Force Fortifying Treatment [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Other
Redken Redken Extreme Rescue Force Fortifying Treatment [DISCONTINUED]

4.7

Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Octyldodecanol, Amodimethicone, Isopropyl Alcohol, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Citric Acid, potassium sorbate, Benzoic Acid, Trideceth 6, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG Propyl Silanetriol, Cetyl Alcohol, Arginine, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Quaternium 33, Cetrimonium Chloride, Benzyl Benzoate, 2 Oleamido 1,3 Octadecanediol, Phenoxyethanol, Limonene (NEW FORMULE - IPN)

on 4/29/2011 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I use this treatment as a conditioner a couple of times a week. It gives my fine hair more body and a healthy shine. I would recommend it to anyone.

My only complaint would be the new packaging - I liked the old tube much better than the new jar.

on 1/15/2005 8:17:00 PM

Here's the thing that I don't think a lot of people understand. Protein treatments are *not* deep conditioners. If you use this alone after shampooing and expect to see gorgeous, soft, detangled hair, you will be very disappointed. Protein treatments are strictly used to repair damage to the hair follicle. This accomplishes that nicely. I shampoo, leave this on for 15 minutes, rinse. Then I deep condition with Redken's Smooth Down Butter Treat, and voila! Beautiful, soft, stronger looking hair. I probably will not repurchase, however, because there are so many other great protein treatments out there that I need to try. But if you have mild to moderately damaged hair and heat style more than 3 times a week, this is a great level of protein to use once a week.

on 12/6/2004 9:45:00 PM

I have dry somewhat damaged highlighted hair. I keep it in good shape with weekly protein treatments and aphogee every 6 weeks or so...However, after recently having my hair teased out and "tortured" into an updo for a special event...I reached for Rescue Force and put it on for 15 minutes to towel dried hair and followed it up with a little bit of anti-snap and a few squirts of addictive transformer as a leave in. To my delight, my hair looked the more shiny, strong, and healthy than it has been in ages! I attribute the postive results primarily to the Rescue force because I use anti-snap and addictive transformer weekly and have never seen such results with those products alone. I look forward to my next Rescue Force treatment! (and it probably is a good idea to use a moisturizing leave-in, like addicitive transformer after this treatment to balance out the proteins). Wonderful stuff! If I had to comparet the results to any other product it would be aveda's deep penetrating (but with slightly less residue). Highly recommend!