Redken Redken Extreme Rescue Force Fortifying Treatment [DISCONTINUED]

Redken Redken Extreme Rescue Force Fortifying Treatment [DISCONTINUED]

4.1

Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Octyldodecanol, Amodimethicone, Isopropyl Alcohol, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Citric Acid, potassium sorbate, Benzoic Acid, Trideceth 6, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG Propyl Silanetriol, Cetyl Alcohol, Arginine, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Quaternium 33, Cetrimonium Chloride, Benzyl Benzoate, 2 Oleamido 1,3 Octadecanediol, Phenoxyethanol, Limonene (NEW FORMULE - IPN)

on 5/19/2006 9:36:00 PM

I call this "Extreme Farce".....I hated it! It dried out my hair and stripped some of my color! Not cheap either..I paid almost $16 for it. Rip off!

on 1/18/2010 9:54:00 AM

I am one of those 'fine hair and LOTS of it' types, who made the mistake of bleaching my naturally darkblonde hair to a lighter shade. My hair was in need of moisture and I had a lot of split ends and breakage. I've tried a lot of products over the years high and low end and this one did not leave a good impression on me.

I have hair that soaks up a lot of product, so each time I used it (once weekly or fortnightly) I had to use a lot to cover my hair even from midsection down, more than most other high end brands that I've tried. I used an entire 250mL tub of it over 5 or so uses!!! (I have waist long hair). It is a runny consistency with a very strong 'rocket fuel' smell which is off-putting. It is a protein treatment, but on the back it says that it is a deep conditioner as well. This is not a moisturising product, I know that it is a DEEP conditioner, but I never felt any positive effects. Infact I found that if you don't condition your hair very well afterwards your hair is like STRAW! And even if you do condition afterwards it is still dry and I get some snappage. I know you have to be careful with too much protein - if you leave it too long it will make your hair dry and prone to snappage - but I couldn't even leave this on for 5 minutes without it drying out my hair (and you are recommended to leave it on anything up to 15 mins!!) My hair wasn't in top shape to begin with, but I didn't need any sort of 'extreme rescue' until I used this product!!

on 8/28/2009 4:52:00 PM

I bought this because the lady at Hair Cuttery said it is what they use for their Recovery treatment. I wanted that treatment but didn't have time to get it in the salon, so I picked up the product instead and did it myself...many times...until the bottom of the tube. Well, I wasn't impressed. I always left it on long enough and followed with a silky conditioner and didn't find this product improved my hair strength at all. Without the extra conditioner after, it would leave my hair dull and kind of tangly. With the conditioner things were ok, but I just didn't see any strength increases or damage repair from this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

Gave me slight softness and a teeny bit of moisture. Did absolutely nothing for my breakage and at the price, I was expecting it to smell at least pleasant.

on 8/14/2005 10:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I asked my stylist for the thickest Redken conditioner, and she gave me this. What I wanted was something so thick that, when you squeeze it out of the tube, you get a straight tube of cream, instead of the cream running all over the place. Alas, this is no thicker than any average conditioner. I apply this to my hair after showering, and then some more, and then some more! It seems I can never coat my hair with this, and it's not even shoulder-length. I leave it on for abt. 10 min., and then rinse. And...knots and tangles! I have to put in other conditioner after this! What is up with this? Perhaps I should just leave it on for an hour. Anyway, I am sick of this and have purchased Butter Treat in high hopes.
EDIT: Okay, since I have looked back at the reviews posted here and have read how some think this product's rating is being brought down unfairly, allow me to elaborate. And I quote from the back of my Extreme Rescue Force Tube: "Rescue Force fortifying treatment is a silky, RICH CREAM that provides DEEP CONDITIONING and repair to strengthen and restore distressed hair....Hair is left in ENHANCED CONDITION with INCREASED MANAGEABILITY AND SHINE." Sorry for the caps, but I had to point out that Redken is selling this product as a retexturizer and conditioner, which is why they are using the aforementioned capitalized words to describe it. If indeed it was not meant to condition, then the wording needs to be changed. And indeed, this product did not do what it says it will. My hair was not shiny, but brittle after use. My hair was not more manageable, but tangly. And it did not feel as if it were in better condition, rather, it felt horrible. So I feel entirely justified in rating this poorly since it did not do for me what it claims to do.
If Redken decides to start marketing this product as a retexturizer or a protein treatment only and drops the language that describes it as conditioning, then I would change my review.

on 10/13/2008 4:04:00 PM

This was the first product I've ever used from Redken and its not bad. It made my hair shiny and a tad bit stronger. It doesn't weigh my hair down but this definately is not my holy grail hair treatment product. I feel as if I can find something better than this. The smell is a bit too strong for my taste.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Okay just tried this treatment. I am not new to protein treatments at all so I know how to use them. I washed my hair and then wrung out the excess water. I applied the treatment. Two things that I didn't really like about it was that it was thinner than I like a treatment to be and it was somewhat hard to cover my hair with it. I left it in while doing other things and then rinsed it out. My hair felt stronger instantly. I then applied my conditioner and left that on for awhile. My hair still felt strong after rinsing the conditioner out.. After that, I applied my leave in conditioner and combed through my hair. It was a little harder than usual to comb through and because of that I had more fallout than usual. So I am kind of on the fence with this treatment. I will see what my hair looks like after it airdries and will update. **Update** My hair feels kind of crunchy after drying...not all of it but some of it, weird. I probably wouldn't repurchase.

I have tried many masques in my day. However I knew that by purchasing this product my hair wouldn't feel soft and scrumptious, as it is a PROTEIN-based treatment. Anytime that you use a protein-based treatment, your hair is not going to feel amazing. But for some reason when I used it, in fact my hair almost felt more damaged than it already was, rather sponge-like.
I think this is a treatment to use prior to your regular conditioner in order to achieve the softness that you want, otherwise you surely aren't going to get it from this product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have been very pleased with this product. How I use it is; I wash my hair with regular shampoo, then apply a quarter size amount and work all through my hair, let sit for approx 5-7 minutes, rinse, and then follow up with a really good conditioner. I do this about 1-2 times a month. I have non-colored hair, I rarely use any heat, and I use very little products. So I don't feel I "need" to use this any more.

It makes my hair feel really soft! It pretty much stays that way for a few weeks. It's a little pricey, but I have spent way more on products before. I think price point really just depends on the individual. Remember this is a "protein treatment" you need to use a conditioner afterwards or you won't be to happy!

on 11/16/2010 8:28:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Yes, this works, as all Redken products, but how to clear hair after using this. Should the masks make hair smooth without pain? :D