Redken Redken Extreme Rescue Force Fortifying Treatment [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by age: 25-29
Redken Redken Extreme Rescue Force Fortifying Treatment [DISCONTINUED]

4.1

Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Octyldodecanol, Amodimethicone, Isopropyl Alcohol, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Citric Acid, potassium sorbate, Benzoic Acid, Trideceth 6, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG Propyl Silanetriol, Cetyl Alcohol, Arginine, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Quaternium 33, Cetrimonium Chloride, Benzyl Benzoate, 2 Oleamido 1,3 Octadecanediol, Phenoxyethanol, Limonene (NEW FORMULE - IPN)

on 1/15/2012 10:54:00 PM

I have hair that is colored from a med blonde to light blonde every five weeks. My hair is blown dry and flatironed a few times every week and try not to use much in way of products. I spend a lot of time at the gym and put my hair in a pony tail daily. About a month ago, I started noticing considerable breakage around the crown of my head and was using Aveda Smoothing shampoo and conditioner- so i didn't thought I was doing what I could. My stylist recommended that I use Redken All Soft shampoo and Redken Extreme conditioner to get my hair back into shape. After two weeks, my hair definately feels much more healthy and the breakage has stopped. And to make me even more excited, I ended up finding liters of the products at Ulta for $15 each! Needless to say, I stocked up... I would definately recommended Redken Extreme to others who are experiencing hair weakness and breakage.

on 3/2/2009 5:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

My hair is past my waist and foiled blonde. Lately I'd noticed little bits snapping off when brushing my hair, so I was looking for something with protein in it, but not a whole heap as my hair isn't really damaged. I chose this treatment, and so far it's made my hair feel better. It feels more conditioned, smoother and strong. I'll probably alternate this with a moisturising conditioner and use it every other wash. At this stage, I'll re-purchase. In Australia, this comes in a tub, but as it's quite runny for a treatment, I'd rather it came in the tube as it seems it does in the US.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Okay just tried this treatment. I am not new to protein treatments at all so I know how to use them. I washed my hair and then wrung out the excess water. I applied the treatment. Two things that I didn't really like about it was that it was thinner than I like a treatment to be and it was somewhat hard to cover my hair with it. I left it in while doing other things and then rinsed it out. My hair felt stronger instantly. I then applied my conditioner and left that on for awhile. My hair still felt strong after rinsing the conditioner out.. After that, I applied my leave in conditioner and combed through my hair. It was a little harder than usual to comb through and because of that I had more fallout than usual. So I am kind of on the fence with this treatment. I will see what my hair looks like after it airdries and will update. **Update** My hair feels kind of crunchy after drying...not all of it but some of it, weird. I probably wouldn't repurchase.

on 7/25/2007 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

This dramatically changed my hair. My hair was extremely distressed from constant flat ironing. This restored moisture, shine and body to my hair. I look like I have someon else's hair attached to my head. What I do is shampoo first, leave protein treatment in my hair as I shave, wash my face, etc and rinse. I follow with a good conditioner (right now I am using Bed Head Brunette Goddess shampoo & conditioner) and rinse. Voila! When I have more time I will leave it in for 20 minutes as suggested by someone on here and rinse and follow with conditioner. I think some people that aren't having great results probably don't have distressed or damaged hair in the first place. In my case it was exactly my problem and it restored my hair. I found it softened my hair when I rinsed it out even before I put conditioner in. This is wonderful stuff, saved my hair!

on 12/27/2005 2:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I really don't like how this works. I almost never really use it cause it seems so inconvenient to use this and then deep condition your hair. I really think Redken could have made this formula with a deep conditioning treatment. I find when I use this and then a deep conditioning treatment - my hair feel oily and not washed. My stylist reccomended this treatment to give my hair added strength. I can't really comment on the performace of this product other than it usually ends up feeling like I haven't washed my hair. When I use this with out conditioning my hair is completely tangled when getting out of the shower.

Edit: I have been using this for a long time now after I asked another member with similar hair on how to use it and this stuff is great. Just use a little (size of a dime). Now my hair is soft and fluffy! Lasts forever. I still have half a bottle left and use this 2 times a week on average. Use once your hair is still damp and comb through then blow dry...works really well

on 8/14/2005 10:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I asked my stylist for the thickest Redken conditioner, and she gave me this. What I wanted was something so thick that, when you squeeze it out of the tube, you get a straight tube of cream, instead of the cream running all over the place. Alas, this is no thicker than any average conditioner. I apply this to my hair after showering, and then some more, and then some more! It seems I can never coat my hair with this, and it's not even shoulder-length. I leave it on for abt. 10 min., and then rinse. And...knots and tangles! I have to put in other conditioner after this! What is up with this? Perhaps I should just leave it on for an hour. Anyway, I am sick of this and have purchased Butter Treat in high hopes.
EDIT: Okay, since I have looked back at the reviews posted here and have read how some think this product's rating is being brought down unfairly, allow me to elaborate. And I quote from the back of my Extreme Rescue Force Tube: "Rescue Force fortifying treatment is a silky, RICH CREAM that provides DEEP CONDITIONING and repair to strengthen and restore distressed hair....Hair is left in ENHANCED CONDITION with INCREASED MANAGEABILITY AND SHINE." Sorry for the caps, but I had to point out that Redken is selling this product as a retexturizer and conditioner, which is why they are using the aforementioned capitalized words to describe it. If indeed it was not meant to condition, then the wording needs to be changed. And indeed, this product did not do what it says it will. My hair was not shiny, but brittle after use. My hair was not more manageable, but tangly. And it did not feel as if it were in better condition, rather, it felt horrible. So I feel entirely justified in rating this poorly since it did not do for me what it claims to do.
If Redken decides to start marketing this product as a retexturizer or a protein treatment only and drops the language that describes it as conditioning, then I would change my review.

on 1/15/2005 8:17:00 PM

Here's the thing that I don't think a lot of people understand. Protein treatments are *not* deep conditioners. If you use this alone after shampooing and expect to see gorgeous, soft, detangled hair, you will be very disappointed. Protein treatments are strictly used to repair damage to the hair follicle. This accomplishes that nicely. I shampoo, leave this on for 15 minutes, rinse. Then I deep condition with Redken's Smooth Down Butter Treat, and voila! Beautiful, soft, stronger looking hair. I probably will not repurchase, however, because there are so many other great protein treatments out there that I need to try. But if you have mild to moderately damaged hair and heat style more than 3 times a week, this is a great level of protein to use once a week.

on 4/28/2004 7:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

My stylist used this product as a deep conditioner before blowing out my very thick & curly hair for the first time. My hair was incrediably soft & shiny (which never happens due to it's natural state of coarseness.) This was very conditioning & seemed to replenish the moisture that was lost due to being fried with a roller dryer & flat iron. I'd recommend this to anyone that tortures their hair on a daily basis with said appliances... =)