Redken Redken Extreme Rescue Force Fortifying Treatment [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by age: 19-24
Redken Redken Extreme Rescue Force Fortifying Treatment [DISCONTINUED]

3.8

Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Octyldodecanol, Amodimethicone, Isopropyl Alcohol, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Citric Acid, potassium sorbate, Benzoic Acid, Trideceth 6, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG Propyl Silanetriol, Cetyl Alcohol, Arginine, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Quaternium 33, Cetrimonium Chloride, Benzyl Benzoate, 2 Oleamido 1,3 Octadecanediol, Phenoxyethanol, Limonene (NEW FORMULE - IPN)

I have tried many masques in my day. However I knew that by purchasing this product my hair wouldn't feel soft and scrumptious, as it is a PROTEIN-based treatment. Anytime that you use a protein-based treatment, your hair is not going to feel amazing. But for some reason when I used it, in fact my hair almost felt more damaged than it already was, rather sponge-like.
I think this is a treatment to use prior to your regular conditioner in order to achieve the softness that you want, otherwise you surely aren't going to get it from this product.

on 5/3/2011 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I've been using this product once per week for three months now. Usually I NEED to have my hair trimmed every two months or the ends just get so dry and split that it drives me crazy but I've been able to push it to three months this round thanks to this product. My hair is medium thickness and reaches my shoulder blades and is not chemically treated. Just naturally dry. I leave it in instead of conditioner once per week in the bathtub. I've seen some reviews that say it makes your hair feel funny if you don't use a conditioner after it but I use it in place of conditioner and I find that it detangles and smooths my hair like a conditioner with the added long term benefit of true damage repair and control. My ends are not crispy whatsoever and I've been able to achieve more hair growth in between trims so I really appreciate this product and it truly does work! I'm curious about other treatments that I may try but I'll definitely repurchase this product. I recommend it!

on 2/18/2010 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Yes, this product is expensive but it is so worth it! My hair gets very dry almost damaged from colorings and bleaching and my hair can become very frizzy. FYI, this is a protein treatment not a deep conditioner. You need to use a deep conditioner after you use this. My hair felt a lot of better after I used this and Redken's "All Soft". This will help prevent your hair from breaking off or become worst to the point where you have to cut it off.

on 1/27/2010 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

The packaging reads that this is a CONDITIONING TREATMENT. It doesn't say it's a RECONSTRUCTOR, but I think that better sums up this product. After shampooing, I applied this treatment & almost instantly, my hair was almost in knots. I knew right away that this was more of a RECONSTRUCTOR rather than an extreme conditioner. With a RECONSTRUCTOR, it repairs & rebuilds but doesn't add moisture. After it was on my hair about 6-7 minutes, I rinsed it out & applied GARNIER "Length & Strength" Conditioner. It always leaves my hair silky & shiny, moreso than any other regular conditioner, high end or drugstore. I allowed my hair to airdry & WOW!! It was the healthiest, shiniest, head of hair I've ever had! I usually have to apply a bit anti-frizz cream but not this time. This REALLY improved the condition of my hair!

on 1/18/2010 9:54:00 AM

I am one of those 'fine hair and LOTS of it' types, who made the mistake of bleaching my naturally darkblonde hair to a lighter shade. My hair was in need of moisture and I had a lot of split ends and breakage. I've tried a lot of products over the years high and low end and this one did not leave a good impression on me.

I have hair that soaks up a lot of product, so each time I used it (once weekly or fortnightly) I had to use a lot to cover my hair even from midsection down, more than most other high end brands that I've tried. I used an entire 250mL tub of it over 5 or so uses!!! (I have waist long hair). It is a runny consistency with a very strong 'rocket fuel' smell which is off-putting. It is a protein treatment, but on the back it says that it is a deep conditioner as well. This is not a moisturising product, I know that it is a DEEP conditioner, but I never felt any positive effects. Infact I found that if you don't condition your hair very well afterwards your hair is like STRAW! And even if you do condition afterwards it is still dry and I get some snappage. I know you have to be careful with too much protein - if you leave it too long it will make your hair dry and prone to snappage - but I couldn't even leave this on for 5 minutes without it drying out my hair (and you are recommended to leave it on anything up to 15 mins!!) My hair wasn't in top shape to begin with, but I didn't need any sort of 'extreme rescue' until I used this product!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

Gave me slight softness and a teeny bit of moisture. Did absolutely nothing for my breakage and at the price, I was expecting it to smell at least pleasant.

on 10/13/2008 4:04:00 PM

This was the first product I've ever used from Redken and its not bad. It made my hair shiny and a tad bit stronger. It doesn't weigh my hair down but this definately is not my holy grail hair treatment product. I feel as if I can find something better than this. The smell is a bit too strong for my taste.

on 10/15/2007 1:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I just started using this product about 3 or 4 weeks ago and since then I've noticed that my hair FEELS stronger. I use this right after I shampoo and then dab my hair with a dry towel to soak up the excess water and then apply this. It doesn't act as a great conditioner, but it does make your hair feel stronger and healthier. I've read a lot of great things about the Redken Extreme line so I'm excited to try more products to help my very distressed hair. Will post another review in a few months!

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS REDKEN PRODUCT. FOR HAIR THAT IS TRULEY DAMAGED, REDKEN EXTREME WORKS GREAT. THIS TREATMENT HAS PROTIEN IN IT THAT REPAIR HAIR; IT IS NOT MEANT TO MAKE HAIR SOFT BUT RATHER REPAIR THE STRUCTURE. I ABSOLUTLEY RUINED MY HAIR TWO MONTHS AGO WHEN I TRIED TO CHEMICALLY STRAIGHTEN MY ALREADY BLEACHED HAIR. USING THIS PRODUCT WITH THE REDKEN ALL SOFT HAS SAVED MY HAIR!!! I USE THIS PRODUCT OVERNIGHT OR WITH HEAT; AND THEN I FOLLOW UP WITH A MOISTURIZING TREATMENT LIKE THE REDKEN ALL SOFT HEAVY CREAM...WITH THIS RITUAL I GET MY HAIR STRONGER AND SOFTER....BUT, USING THE REDKEN EXTREME TREATMENT ALONE WILL NOT GIVE YOU SOFT HAIR.