Urban Decay Gash Lipgunk

No Image

4.1

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 2/5/2011 10:52:00 AM

Oh, Gash, how I love thee! This is my favorite shade of red ever! It's unique, metallic purple-red is amazing to behold. It's also not so showy you can't wear it to work.

on 6/11/2009 11:52:00 AM

I do love the stand-out color of Gash, but it's the smell of this product that has really put me off and makes me not want to repurchase it!!

I LOVE this color! I am a NC37 and love the way it looks on my lips. I will but this again. I love the pigment of it.

on 5/15/2007 9:46:00 PM

Well, although I haven't used this stuff in a long time, back in my goth girl days, this is the perfect blood-red with some hints of metallic, silvery specks in the gloss. (I heard that Gwen Stefani even used this stuff)The small glitter is there to give it more dimension. Also, if you love sticky glosses like me, then you will have no problem with it. But you can't apply it too liberally- I noticed that if I were to apply it right out of the tube, it will definitely make your lips bleed and it can even go down your chin. Just use a lipbrush (or a lipliner for contour) and it will fix that. When I would wear this, I'd keep blush to a minimum (you'll look too much like a hooker- wear a very light, peachy-pink blush like Benefit's Dandelion), I'd wear Phloof MAC shadow (a soft, pink pearly shade) as a base for eyes, black shadow for liner (MAC's Nocturnelle) for a softer effect on the eyes (not too harsh- you don't want to have competing eyes and lips!), curled lashes, and black mascara from Lancome's Defencils. I haven't worn this stuff in years, since I'm a little older and I use a more natural look, but I remember using Gash and if anyone is looking for that deep, dark blood-red, but without the hint of purple in it, then this will work for you. Maybe I'll buy it again, I miss wearing red lipstick and gloss....But I figured for those of you looking for a perfect dark red, and if you're going for a dramatic look for the clubs or an evening out, this is the gloss 4 u!

This and "Shotgun" are level pegging as my all-time absolute favourite lipgunks, and are the only ones I'd ever consider repurchasing (I *did* use up a tube of both colours and *did* repurchase, actually)...

Gash is a stnning highliy pigmented metallic cherry red that you don't need lipstick underneath to get a really "full on" red lip. It smells and tastes of sweeties. What's not to like?

Highly recommended and I really hope they don't discontinue it... like Urban Decay are wont to do with practically every product they make that I really like. continued >>

on 3/14/2007 4:42:00 PM

This is a great color (and product) for a night on the town. It's bright and has a lot of pigment to it, and smells great. However, based on the pigment amount and the thickness of the application, I wouldn't wear it to work or anything where anyone is conservative, especially in an office environment. It has just the right amount of glitter to look great under those dancefloor lights!

on 3/18/2006 8:19:00 AM

Shade description This is a very interesting shade because it's so complex: it's a vivid but deep shimmery cherry red. Use with a lipbrush and apply carefully!

Texture Thick but easy to blend.

Comments

Ugh, it's tragic. I love the shade! Unfortunately the taste and the scent is just too much for me. I'm on to find a similar shade. :(

My coloring Yellow-beige Chinese Asian NC35 with jet black hair and very dark brown eyes. continued >>

on 12/15/2006 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Gash Lip Gunk is one of the few lip products that has everything I love. Not only does it go on nice and smoothly, it doesn't feel gritty even after awhile. The color is a beautiful opaque metallic red that can be built up or toned down according to your personal taste. The candy apple taste and smell are also quite nice, and sort of the icing on the cake for this product. I absolutely love it and use it with a light hand to make it last longer.

My one big problem with 'Gash' as a lipstick, is that it was just too metallic looking on me. But the deep red shade of it, was so appealing to me. Now, my dreams have come true, and I have found a version of 'Gash' that I can gush over! What I love best about UD's Lipgunk is that it's not nearly as sticky and plastic-feeling as so many other colored glosses are. It seems to stay well, although I don't think many glosses as a whole, have staying power. Still, I love it. When I run out, I'll be purchasing more!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

yummy to the taste and super thick, i really love this product. yes i usually hate glosses, but this is shiny but not too too much, it's not like glass it's just a nice moisturized thick paste. lovely color, true to the tube with wand, deep cherry red with little shimmer, but no huge glitter. totally kissable, i love it and would definitely repurchase.