NARS New Delight Duo

NARS New Delight Duo
NARS New DelightNARS New Delight (close-up)

3.8

on 8/19/2011 8:08:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

In the pan, the colors are very nice, neutral colors. A light pink and a med-light peachy brown. Its the perfect introductory duo if you're starting out with eye looks. It creates a very soft look. The actual shadows aren't as pigmented as other NARS shadows, but it works.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

There is little love going around for this duo, and I can see why. The pigment is very subtle, and if you're looking for something that has a lot of colour payoff, turn around right now. NARS eyeshadow duos are hit or miss with texture (so far apart from Underworld I only had 'hits'), but most have pigmentation that is undeniably rich. This... doesn't. Pure and simple.

I was very skeptical in the beginning, having read the reviews here before I bought it. I thought what the heck, in the worst possible scenario I could use it as a subtle highlighter on my brow bone or on my face. The light pink side of the duo is slightly shimmery satin, and is almost a dead ringer for Stila's Heather on me, except that Stila's eyeshadow has more shimmer. It's very flattering on my PPP skin and blue-green eyes, and makes them stand out slightly more. The right side is a warm, delicate peach with a satin finish, that is a my lids but better colour. It reminds me of another Stila eyeshadow called Launey. Please check the ratings of both after reading this to put things into perspective.

There is one specialized area where this duo is a HG for me. Yes, you might think I'm insane, but you read right. There is simply no better, more romantic, feminine, subtle NARS duo when New Delight is paired up with a winged eyeliner. Preferably gel or cake because the harsh edges of a liquid liner would be a no-no with a base this light. It's PERFECT for the Marylin Monroe look.

Overall, this is going to be a staple for me when doing a soft look. As all NARS duos so far, they don't crease and stay on ages, but note that I don't have oily lids, nor do I use bases or primers. I understand that what works for me doesn't necessary mean that it has to work for other people, but I urge all people of a similar skin tone to mine to try it.

I was sorely disappointed by this duo. In the pan, it's a lovely shimmery light peach and a shimmery lavendar-pink. Too bad that when they go on, it's not the same as in the pan. The peachy applies with a satin finish and doesn't look shimmery unless you apply it on top of something else. The lavendar-pink looks like a frosty white with sort of a light lilac sheen to it, and would only work for me on the browbone or in the inner corners.

If you're looking for some highlighter colors, then this might be for you, but if you're looking for colors to apply all over, then this definitely won't work too well, especially together.

For a pretty, nude/understated eye, try All About Eve - it's so much better in terms of pigmentation.

For reference, I am NC25/LLL with dark hair and eyes. continued >>

on 4/12/2005 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is one of Nars better-textured duos - works great wet or dry. The one side is a very pale shimmery pink and the other is pale shimmery peach. For me, I had to apply both shades wet to see them, but the peach side still wasn't pigmented enough for me. Not the most interesting duo, but I think both colors are great as washes and can be combined with brighter colors (blues, greens, etc.)

I love NARS shadows for their pigmentation and texture, and New Delight is no exception.
I've a warm toned light to pale complexion. The two shades in this are a golden peachy color and a shimmery light lilac. The peach imparts a slightly shimmery and sheer veil of color, and the texture is silky smooth.
The light pinky lilac is a great highlighter, very frosty but not at all chunky or chalky. I personally wouldn't use these two together, but each as a browbone highlighter with other colors.
The eyeshadow does have excellent lasting power, especially for light shades it stayed on through my day. continued >>

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Very pretty pastel pink and pastel peach colors. New Delight is the lighter version of NARS Heaven eyeshadow duo. Heaven has a darker candy-pink color and a very orange color. Whereas New Delight has a soft baby-pink color and soft apricot-peach color. Very pretty!

maybe it was the summer hormones, but this texture was a serious dissapointment. frosty, sheer(not in a good way) and identical to heaven on me, but less pigment, amazingly. i felt it just looked really off with my pale olive skin.
i love nars but this was like a d/s imitation .

on 1/4/2005 12:04:00 AM

This is just blah and not worth the money to me. NO pigment. Doesnt show up on my medium complexion unless you count white frost as a color. Maybe very fair girls might like this. Why did NARS make this duo AND heaven and dsct something like Rio? ahht he mysteries

on 2/11/2005 2:33:00 PM

NARS, you know I love you, but there are too many peach-and-pink combos in the duo eyeshadows. This one is shimmery and pale, nothing terribly exciting but the texture is one of NARS's better ones. Silky and smooth.
$30 at Sephora and narscosmetics.com. continued >>

on 1/19/2005 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Other

I will preface this review by reminding the reader that I'm a super-pale lighter-than-PPP lady on whom all colour of any kind shows up. Take that into account ;-)
With that in place, I have to say I do like this duo but had I realized how close to my beloved Heaven duo it is, I'd probably not have bought it. The lavender/pink shade is slightly darker than the pink in Heaven and the peach here is a bit lighter than the apricot shade in Heaven. Generally, though they look about the same on my eyes though and give the same effect. I wear the lavender as a wash and the peach in the crease for as subtle and naturally pretty look. A touch of mascara, some navy eyeliner (I'm liking Stila smudgepot in Navy) and that's it, I'm ready.
If your skin is darker than LLL, you already own Heaven or you like heavily pigmented shadows avoid this. It isn't a must-have but I do enjoy having it in my own train case. continued >>