Becca Cream blush in Wild Orchid

Becca Cream blush in Wild Orchid
Cream blush in Wild Orchid6-pan Becca Lotus JPP Frangipani Amaryllis Orchid

4.9

Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Octyldodecanol, Cetyl Palmitate, Petrolatum, Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax), Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax), Kaolin, C18-38 Alkyl Hydroxystearoyl Stearate, Tocopherol, Parfum (Fragrance) and may contain: [+/- Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, Carmine CI 75470, Red 21 Lake CI 45380, Yellow 5 Lake CI 19140, Red 7 CI 15850, Ultramarines CI 77007, Red 40 CI 16035, Yellow 6 Lake CI 15985, Bismuth Oxychloride CI 77163, Blue 1 Lake CI 42090, Red 36 CI 12085, Ferric Ferrocyanide CI 77510, Mica].

on 7/30/2014 1:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Becca Wild Orchid has been my favorite (and at one time my only) blush for many years. At first glance it is one of many cool pinks on the market, set apart by a greyed mauve undertone that makes it seem dull and faded next to a vivid magenta like NARS Desire. However insipid it may appear in the pan, little bit of mauve works magic on my N15 skintone. It does what the right shade of blush ought to do: balance out my mix of peachy-warm and cool-olive undertones, brighten my face entire even without the aid of other makeup, and harmonize with my wardrobe of saturated berry-pink-red lipsticks. Wild Orchid recreates that cliché of a period-romance flush, a cool rose that does not transform into ruddiness, for me a common tendency with deeper pinks not stabilized by mauve.

Would I recommend, after such extravagant praise, Wild Orchid to others? Not necessarily. When a blush—or really any color—hits that sense of fitness with your coloring, it is extremely specific. What flatters one, does not flatter another. I will say, however, that it is a well pigmented, highly manipulable cream formula that sits very realistically on the skin, and Becca's shade range has been thoughtfully designed for a wide variety of skintones.

Unfortunately, Becca has discontinued their creme blush. It remains to be seen whether it'll be replaced, as the Beach Tint, though nice in its own way, is a different animal entirely. But now that the panic has passed, the subsequent mourning, stockpiling, and the hunt for dupes, I actually think Wild Orchid has served its purpose. There's nothing like blush for understanding how pigment relates to one's skintone, especially with the right blush, and once you understand, it's an experiment easily replicated: I think I prefer my pinky-mauve with a white base, pigmented but not as saturated, namely Inglot #20.

At far right, the only cream, see full review for image, in order to assess how Wild Orchid compares tonally to the others. continued >>

on 7/24/2012 6:23:00 PM

Super super pigmented blush and very long lasting. Cream to powder. A little goes a long way, but again the container is tiny. it shoes matte berry pink on me and just a gorgeus color

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Incredible product. Perfect, from the color to the texture to the packaging. Might seem expensive, but it's very pigmented and lasts a long time. Quality and color are worth it. On me it's a light mauvey pink, and totally natural, truly like it's coming from within. When I wear this I look rested and have a glow, it's got a gorgeous finish, not greasy or shimmery/sparkly, but not dry and powdery either, just natural and glowy. I feel like it takes years off my face, and accentuates cheekbones. I don't use bronzers or sculpting blushes/powers, but Wild Orchid seems to do for me what sculpting products intend to do. Hope it's always available, I haven't seen another shade like this anywhere, especially in a cream blush, and especially in a cream blush with such awesome texture.
Mostly I've paired this with MAC mauve lipstick with Chanel Glaze glossimer on top, or with L'Oreal Jelly balm in Succulent. I mean it can go well with many lippies and glosses, these just have been my favorite.

on 6/20/2010 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was lucky enough to swap for this blush. When I got it I was shocked by the intensity of the color. I didn't think it would work for my NW20 skin tone.
But.... I applied it with the Mac 187 and totally love it!!
It looks like delicate natural blush. I just have to be careful not to use too much and blend/stipple it properly.
So the color is just perfect for fair to medium skin. The texture is great too. I've discovered that cream blushes when used properly, are more natural looking.
The packaging: usual Becca heavy space disc. Could be better but some poeple like it.

Positive hype about Becca's creme blushes made me sit on the fence long enough!

I splurged. This Wild Orchid is going to be my all-time friend in my morning make-up ritual. Why?

1. It really IS TRUE that it's a creme that miraculously settles down into a powder! I've haven't had creme blushes in years.
2. I approached the compact with trepidation, not being used to creme blushes in years. I used the brush since I heard people apply it with ease in this method.
3. I learned, however, that you can lightly use your fingers to spread the color without pulling the skin, which I prefer!
4. It does not creep into pores. It just smooths out the skin!
5. It's the perfect pinky color, not violet like it appears in the compact.
6. It doesn't change into a hybrid color after a day of 12 hours.
7. Becca's translucent powder covers the creme well, both bonding into a flawless presentation.
8. Not sure about break-outs so still in testing stage.
9. It's a highly pigmented blush as my brush picked up a lot after I experimented with a few swipes. Then I realized I should just try my finger and lightly spread it. Indeed, I was worried it would be another product with a wax that would be hard to penetrate. But no...it was not. It picks up beautifully with brush or finger and spreads beautifully.

However, the compact is....small. But the best things come in small packages, they say. Alas, this is true.

Truly, Becca has some miraculous blushes. This won't be my last blush. I've got my eye on Turkish Rose and a few others! I might even try Becca's shimmer powder blushes like Gypsy!

on 5/28/2009 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine

Cutest little compact (I guess this means not much product, but a little goes a long way). Beautiful color: a bright pink rather than the muted mauve I expected but very nice. It applied well even over mmu, which some cream blushes do not. This definitely has a slot in my ever-growing blush stash.

I have a confession to make. I would have NEVER bought this blush on my own. First of all, I have only used powder blushes, and I always get them in shades of bronze-y corals and peachy-pinks, bronzed roses, and apricots. Well let's just say I came across a Becca's wild orchid blush - a pink mauve - and even though it looked a million shades of wrong for me, decided to give it a try. Well, wow. I use just a tad right on the apples of my cheek, the creamy texture just blends right in, literally giving me that pretty, natural blush color, but in a way prettier color than I would actually blush. I really am liking Becca's products. I just hate they are hard to find in person and I don't like buying things without trying them out first!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I normally shy away from creme blush as I have rather oily skin, but I couldn't resist picking this up during the amazing Sephora Becca clearance sale as it sounded so pretty and got great reviews. Anyway, this has proved to be a fabulous find for me as a phenomenal winter-time blush. Not sure if I could pull this off during the height of our torridly hot and humid western PA summers, but even with my oily skin, this blends perfectly and really does last all day during most normal weather. For reference, I'm a 41 year-old, cool, very pale PPP and Wild Orchid is an amazingly close approximation of my own natural flush...it's a cool-toned medium sheer pink. Applies beautifully with a creamy, gel-like consistency and I only need to barely tap my finger on the product before smoothing over the apples of my cheeks. Never thought I'd be so pleased with a creme blush!

I love cream blushes for cooler months because my skin gets drier, so I have many from different brands - Bobbi Brown, Stila, Bliss, Clinique, Bloom, NARS. Becca is one of my favorite brands because of the silky, blendable texture, and Wild Orchid has become my favorite shade of all my cream blushes. It's the most flattering to my fair cool toned complexion and mimics my natural flush. I dab any extra on my fingers to my lips and it stains them nicely, as well. To achieve an expecially radiant look, I top Wild Orchid with Gypsy Pressed Shimmer Powder.

on 1/1/2008 12:01:00 PM

Product - Girly pink creme blush. Can be used on lips and cheeks. Great for blush for me (NC25) for brightening my face with this girly pink, but on the lips it's a bit pale for my preference. Smooth and creamy, easy to blend and work with.

Comparisons - Texture is very similar to BB Pot Rouges. Similar to BB pot rouge in Pale Pink but slightly toned down, slightly less bright, slightly cooler toned.

Packaging - Same as Becca's single e/s and Lip & Cheek Cremes: rubberized brown compact with a metal piece on the lid that looks like armor or a shield and a mirror under the lid.

Overall - The product is nice but the packaging is not my favorite - if you have more than one Becca product, you'd have to read the label to know which is which (or depot). continued >>