wet n wild Mega Eyes Single - Cornflower

Price: $

on 11/13/2009 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I got this in a hurry, it caught my eye because i remembered a youtuber saying it was a dupe for MACs pigment. Its a pretty color, it looks blue in the packaging, but when i put it on it was a purple hint.
Pros:
cute color
cheap
fits in a mac palette
shimmer is not overdone
Cons:
powdery
Not very good pigmentation
packaging is hard to screw back on when in a hurry
hard to use in an everyday look

over all its not the best. i only use it for 1 look, I put a light shimmery baby pink all over, and I just put this from my upper lash line to my crease. (i have really dramatic folds). I wouldn't call it a nice dupe.

this is very mediocre shadow from w'n'w. here's the reason why i think so:
pros:
ok pigmentation
easy to find
inexpensive
fit in a mac palette/elf quad
cons:
not as pigmented as i liked
don't like the chunky glitter
fades
bad texture: powdery!
not a very unique color
overall:
this shadow isn't horrible but not good either. don't buy it ,unless you don't have any blues in your collection .

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this eyeshadow yesterday after having tried a few other WnW products. This eyeshadow is great. I think I'm becoming a fan of WnW. This shadow is a beautiful blue, for 2 bucks its very pigmented and looks amazing when paired with my brown eyes. Its definately a must have if you are searching for a good quality but cheap shadow.All that being said...I have just a few gripes...It is slightly chalky. You will need a primer of somesort to keep this on or else it will fade quickly. And lastly the packaging isnt as great as it could be but its ok. I wouldnt recomend it for your purse because it just wont hold up.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

In general I am not a fan of blue eyeshadow at all but this one is actually okay. Like others have said, it's a lovely, shimmery, medium blue with a hint of lavender. It looks nice used as a wash on it's own or layered under purple shadows which is what I like to do with it. Great colour to complement brown eyes imo. Worth a shot for only like two bucks...go for it!

If you like light blue eyeshadow, this is nice. I dont really wear it though.

on 8/14/2006 4:18:00 PM

I adore cornflowers, so I had to have this. This is such a pretty color and the texture is very smooth. This blends very well and the pigmentation is exceptional for being so inexpensive. Looks so pretty with my brown eyes. Wet 'N' Wild certainly has come a long way!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Well I just bought this today, on SALE 25% off.. Yay.. I haven't really tried it much yet but it's super soft and very pigmented, and so I'm pretty happy with it! I also bought MegaEyes powder in Plum Silva.. It's good stuff for being so cheap! I also have brown eyes and love to wear blues/greens/purples.

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I got this on sale and I don't regret it a bit. I'd sort of written off WnW untill MUA as it just seemed to cheap to be any good. How wrong I was! This is a really lovely color by itself,wet or dry. I also like to layer it on top of the WnW lilac color and that just looks so fresh and nice. Love it! Also, because its so cheap I don't feel bad about using it for everyday looks, like I do with some of my higher-end cosmetics. Big thumbs up from me! Only problem is the poor quality packaging.

on 9/23/2005 2:23:00 PM

This shadow was such a pleasant surprise! I have nightmarish visions of bright blue shadow from my junior-high days (don't we all?); but I needed a cheap, quick color-fix this summer and the "Cornflower" hit the spot. Watch out: this stuff is intense! Just a dab leaves a pretty, fresh blue on lids or lash line, and didn't fade or spread on my nasty-oily skin. You may want to stand across the room when you sweep your brush across this one--Any closer and you'll leave the house looking like Mimi from "The Drew Carey Show." The cake powders if you look at it wrong, so handle it carefully; but for $1, you can afford to replace it and not choke. Did I mention that this stuff is potent?

This is a true shimmery "cornflower" blue that looks great mixed with teals and golds and I'm sure alot more once I get playing in it some more. This stuff is so cheap that I can't complain about packaging or anything like that. I reccomend this shade because it is exciting like a MAC shade but 95% cheaper.