no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

5 years ago

My skin is dry and sensitive. This lotion moisturizer is packaged in a tall, air-proof container. It works very well for me as a daytime moisturizer. I use it over my Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair serum and under my makeup.

About reviewer (722 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairGrey, Wavy, Medium

from

8 years ago

I love this moisturizer. The attribute I like the best is the smell! I have sensitive skin and a sensitive nose, and too many moisturizers are harsh or smelly, but this one is light, almost unscented, and just calming. It is very rich, and works on my hands or elbows during the winter as well as on my face after a mask or treatment that leaves it extra dry. Definitely worth the purchase. For those turned off by the price, one jar lasts forever. Really.

About reviewer (49 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

11 years ago

This moisturizes really well when my skin seems to be getting dry. It is not my everyday moisturizer (I use alba sea moss spf 15) because it is pretty heavy. And since it's unscented it smells kind of like a hospital lotion or something. Also, this is heavy enough that I have to be careful not to use it around my eyes or it makes them look... puffy? Lol, wow, this is a terribly unappealing review: When I get poison oak on my face this is really soothing and stays put without having to reapply.

About reviewer (50 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesGreen

12 years ago

I liked it for the first few weeks of using it, but then it seemed that I had to use more and more product during each application to keep my skin moisturized. I also do not like the packaging, there is a lot of lotion left over that you cannot get to because of the pump. I would not recommend for anyone with dry sensitive skin.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Medium

HairBlack

12 years ago

I've been using this night and day for a few weeks and could not be more satisfied with the results. Zia just reformulated all products in the Skin Basics line; this is now paraben-free, contains the revered jojoba oil, and comes in a lovely and hygenic frosted-glass pump. In an effort to keep my routine simple and non-irritating, I use this with the Zia Skin Basics Moisturizing Cleanser. These two products used together are directly responsible for solving my primary complexion issue: red and irritated laugh lines. I have normal to dry skin and those dry patches around my nose and mouth are a thing of the past! My skin looks and feels plumper and healthier all around. The one thing I don't like, however, is the scent; it claims to be fragrance-free, but I find that all fragrance-free products smell icky and this is no exception. Really, though, the smell dissipates quickly. UPDATE 11/07/07: Irritated laugh lines are back. Done with this. Jojoba isn't my friend.

About reviewer (64 reviews)

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

2.0

13 years ago

I used almost the entire jar of this stuff in search of my HG. It does a decent job moisturizing my dry, acne-prone skin. But after extended use it started to irritate/sting my skin on application. Zia usually uses nice natural ingredients but I can't believe they used parabens as preservatives in this. *Edit: I'm using Earth Science Beta+Ginseng day cream and I can't be happier. No stinging! (and no parabens!)

About reviewer (10 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry

HairBrown

EyesGreen

13 years ago

Moisturizers are never, ever creamy enough for me. I'm so dry (and rather sensitive, but not acne-prone) that my skin laughs at most light liquid moisturizers. At night, I use olive oil makeup removers and slather my face to the greasy point in the vain hope that it will sink in and I'll have hydrated skin by morning. So, I like my creams thick. Make that greasy. And this one delivers. At last, at last! It has a pleasant oat-y smell (otherwise unperfumed; good for sensitive skin) and is soooo thick and rich. Plus I can buy it at Whole Foods. Plus my nostrils aren't flaky and peeling anymore! I think I may have found my new HG - but if you like your moisturizers all wimpy and lightweight, this might not be for you. EDIT: Where did this go? It's no longer at Whole Foods and the packaging has changed - and it's being described as "light." Augh! I'm going to try Nourishing Creme instead.

About reviewer (57 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesBlue

13 years ago

I started using this when the seasons changed here in NJ, and this moisturizer is definitely not for summer use!! Although acne-prone, my skin has become drier and sensitive as I have gotten older :) This product is indicated for normal/dry/sensitive skin and claims to be non-greasy and fragrance free. It was exactly what I was looking for. I used this for a month and it seemed fine, until the weather got warmer. It made my face greasy and made me break out. So I will stick with it as a colder weather moisturizer since then I was happy with it then. It is a little hard to apply by itself so I would apply with damp hands. I don't like the whole moisturizer in the pot packaging either, but I usually apply after taking a shower and washing my face. It costs about $20 US. <p>Ingredients: Deionized Water, Soybean Oil, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, PEG-100 Stearate, Aloe Vera Gel, Squalane, Shea Butter, Jojoba Oil, Lecithin, Rice Bran Oil, Cucumber Extract, Matricaria Oil (Azulene), Allantoin, Tocopherol, Dimethicone, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Disodium EDTA, Butylparaben, Xanthan Gum. UPDATE: I think CeraVe moisturizing cream is a better winter moisturizer for me. It is cheaper and available at a local drugstore.

About reviewer (91 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone

HairBlack

2.0
from

14 years ago

I should have gone with my gut and bought Zia's Ultimate Oil-Free Moisture instead of Everyday Moisture but for some reason I was thinking that since it is for sensitive skin which I most definitley have then it wouldn't cause acne. WRONG! I broke out very badly from this which is so sad because it is truly a good moisturizer I would use it very thinly on a wet face and my face just felt so nice afterward. I do adore Zia products though just not this one I'm buying the Oil Free Moisturizer tomorrow.

About reviewer (40 reviews)

SkinCombination, Other

HairBlond

EyesHazel

14 years ago

The BEST facial moisturizer on the market! I have very sensitive, dry skin & ever since i found this face cream, i won't try anything else. Doesn't make me break out & moisturizes all day. I like to mix it with a drop of foundation for a home made tinted moisturizer. I recommend this to EVERYONE! Go get it!

About reviewer (29 reviews)

SkinOther, Other