Clarins Eye Contour Gel

3.0

on 10/11/2016 6:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've given this gel a good try during the spring summer months, and I now can say that this is a useless product. It definitely feels alcohol based. I found it drying under my eyes, albeit light in texture upon application, but didn't do anything to the eye contour. There are certainly better eye creams out there. Definitely not a repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Im not a big fan of this. Its a gel texture, obviously. Soaks in immediately althought I cannot see any prolonged hydrating benefits. My skin feels equally dry half an hour after application. It's suppose to reduce puffiness, but I cannot say I see any change in that either. I got two 10ml tubes as part of their skincare sets. But I wouldn't buy this on my own. It just doesn't do anything for me.

on 10/10/2015 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm not sure why I bought this.

It could be because the Clarins saleslady said, in response to my request for a suitable eye cream: "you are so young, a simple gel would suffice". It seems that flattery would get you everywhere these days...luckily it was a duty-free purchase.

Unfortunately, I'm actually not that young and this cool blue gel does nothing for the crepe-y lines forming around my eyes. Fortunately, I was given a sample of the Clarins Extra-Firming Eye Lift Perfecting Serum that worked a treat so I'll be saving my pennies for that instead.

on 12/14/2014 3:04:00 PM

I don't think this a wonder eye cream but I do love it because it is one of the few no-nonsense eye products that I can use that doesn't cause me problems in terms of irritation or milia. It also feels very soothing when applied and hydrates my eye area and for that reason I'll be sticking with it, maybe alternating with other products when I feel the need. Yes, I'd love a wonderful eye cream that would sort out dark circles and fine lines but in my experience they don't really work anyhow so I'd rather just stick with a straight-forward product that protects my skin and doesn't create new problems.

A waste of $. Had absolutely no effect on my puffiness.

on 4/5/2014 4:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I received a generous sample size of this with a purchase, which was more than enough for me to decide never to actually purchase this product. It didn't do anything at all. I guess it sort of felt nice to apply it, because it's a slightly cooling gel. It felt nice, but really, nothing happened after daily use for about a month. The packaging claimed it would reduce puffiness and dark circles. Granted, I wouldn't say I suffer from very puffy eyes, but when they were puffy, I noticed no difference. And as for reducing darkness under the eyes, it definitely didn't do that either. I'd have gotten better results from lightly pressing a cooled compress on my eyes for 30 seconds than from using this eye gel. And the price tag on this product that does nothing? It's not cheap, I'll say that. There are plenty of drugstore price point products that would at least do something, and I'd rather spend my money there.

on 10/14/2013 3:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I don't have dark circles like many people struggle with, but I do battle with extremely puffy eyes. When I wake up every morning they're puffy. Just moments after I pat this into my under eye area they deflate drastically. It's seriously amazing; I don't know how I lived without it. I don't think that this is designed for people who want to prevent wrinkles or get rid of dark circles, but puffy-eyed people, this is for you!

on 9/2/2013 11:11:00 PM

First of all; THIS IS NOT A PRODUCT FOR HEREDITARY DARK CIRCLES! It doesn't claim to be, so don't be disappointed if your genetic dark circles don't lighten.

I got this product for free through work a little while ago, and I love it! It's so cooling and soothing, so perfect for that morning eye-puffiness. It significantly reduced the appearance of my dark circles and bags, i'm only 19, but with being a university student, being on the computer a fair amount, and not getting the sleep I should, I was lookin TIRED.

I love this product, and would definitely buy it for myself!

I have genetic dark circles under my eyes and have been looking for a product to help these look lighter and less noticeable. This product does not do what it says it does. It does not help with reducing dark circles. I have since discovered there are a multitude of causes for dark circles. Perhaps this gel may help for circles and puffiness caused by tiredness, but if you like me and have genetic dark circles then don't waste your money.

I applied it 3 times a day, and liberally.
It was very expensive - $75 NZ
Didn't reduce puffiness
Didn't help with my dark circles

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I cannot say enough about this product! I know lots of you didn't feel it was very effective, but I'm 47 and have used it DAILY since I was 16! Not for wrinkles or eye contour, but specifically for under eye puffiness. It is the ONLY eye gel I ever used (and I've tried em all) that (1) does not irritate my eyes, and (2) is noticeably effective at minimizing puffiness in the AM!