TiGi Catwalk Root Boost

TiGi Catwalk Root Boost
Catwalk Root Boost

3.7

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

The only volumizing hair product that has ever worked for my hair. I have tried tons of different products both high end and low end (living proof, aveda, wella, bumble and bumble, big sexy hair) and this is my HG product. My hair is very fine but I have a lot of it AND it's color treated. But there are a few tips I use to make this product work for me and hopefully you as well reading this. I only use shampoo in the shower (head and shoulders clinical strength) and NO conditioner. The only conditioner I use is a leave in from the midshaft & ends of my hair. I use the Alterna CC 10-1 leave in. Another HG product for me. Now I section my hair off into 4 sections and spray on the root from 6-8 inches away. I'm not gonna lie I really hate the smell of this product. But it's very faint and doesn't leave a smell. When I blow dry my hair I leave the round boar bristle hairbrush at the root and take it away once the hair is cooled. This stuff is amazing. I can even sleep on my hair and it won't make my hair look greasy in the AM!!! I can't believe I've slept on TiGi products after all these years! I will repurchase.

on 9/17/2016 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

At first I tried this as well as big sexy hairs full bloom at the same time. It all looked great the first day but the next day my hair was a waxy greasy mess. I almost returned both of them but I'm glad I decided to keep this. I have fine hair but I have a lot of it, and once I used this product on its own I was hooked! I section off my hair and spray a little bit in areas I want more volume and blowdry my hair upside down. It looks fabulous! A little goes a long way and my style will last almost 3 days. I am super impressed and I would probably purchase again. It really adds some extra oomph to my long bob. I wouldn't recommend using with additional products though.

This is my top choice for over 5 years for a root booster, both when my thick hair was waist length and now that it is in a lob. I don't use it quite like directions say, but I think that's a preference thing. Once my hair is dry I spray in sections from crown down the back of my head, first spraying and teasing, then going to the next section. I like a moderate to high amount of teasing (depending on the event) and this holds my hair in position all day without needing a can of hairspray to go along with it.

I have no complaints, but I have a feeling it may seem sticky, etc if you have fine hair. I have always had heavy, thick hair.

on 3/25/2015 3:45:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I used this product twice on my roots and every time I had horrible, embarassing flakes.
I don't know if it's just me, because I don't see other people complain about this, but it was bad.
Then I used it a couple of times on my ends, to keep my hair straight. It kind of worked, but I didn't like how it felt.

But, besides that:
- it gives a root boost
- it doesn't feel sticky, or unpleasant
- I feel it might be ok for those with oily scalp

I am very sad that I have a big bottle of something which might be good, but not good for me.

on 3/24/2014 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I got a deluxe sample of this to try out in a beauty bag. My first impression was WOW! This really works great on my fine, limp hair. But as I continued to use it -- the wow factor wore off. I tried other products that actually worked and were successful while this left my hair feeling like I just put mousse at the roots. I do still use it, since I want to finish it off, and it gives me a very subtle something in my hair, but nothing like other products I've tried since then. So, maybe this would work better for thicker hair, but for my fine hair? Didn't do a whole lot.

on 1/5/2014 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have to say that I really love this product. My hair is fine but I have A LOT. Surprisingly, this root booster is one of the few products I've tried that actually creates tons of volume in my hair. The biggest downside to this is that it does leave a sticky type feel in my hair but it's worth it for all the volume! I would definitely repurchase. Price wasn't really an issue because I got this at ulta on promotion.

on 12/29/2013 11:03:00 AM

I have waist length hair that is more limp than cooked spaghetti. I have used root boost for years and love it. It really adds body for me. It's never been tacky or sticky or unbrushable. I'm on my 5th or 6th can. I don't have reason to do my hair often, but when I do, I always use this on the roots (then blow dry upside down). I find using root boost and aveda phomollient together is a perfect combo to give my massive body and thickness. I must add, however, that after I blow dry and flat iron, I rub a tad of cornstarch on the roots for extra thickness. I've been doing this for like 20 years and my hair stays looking awesome for close to 5 days. I am experimenting with some new products I found at TJMaxx on sale recently just for fun. But I know ill come back to my root boost/aveda/corn starch combo. And FYI- Walmart has the RB super cheap, about $12.

on 6/14/2013 6:46:00 AM

Amazing. Expensive to me, because I don't spend much on my hair. I am more of a drugstore hair product type of girl. However, I wanted my cowlick and fly-always in the front to blend in with the rest of my hair, and I wanted volume, without stickiness or residue. I saw this and thought, well this is just mousse. No. No. No. I don't know really how it works, but it is freaking amazing. I spray this directly on my roots, like the directions say to do, and blow dry. My hair is volumized, not sticky, it is soft, and holds the volume. It works, unlike every other root boosting stuff I have tried. Bottom line- it is worth it, because it actually does exactly what it claims to do. It is the one pricey hair product I don't want to be without, now that I see how much better my hair looks after I use it. Fine-haired people will understand!

on 5/24/2012 8:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I had been using bigsexyhair root pump plus but was getting fed up with the sticky texture it left on my roots. my hairstylist suggested tigi root boost so i decided to give it a try. i was skeptical at the super light airy texture of this product, but i am actually pretty impressed. i apply a liberal amount to the roots of my fine, limp hair and blow dry upside-down. with this product i feel like i get the volume without the sticky feeling in my hair.

on 4/19/2012 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is just meh. I'm never impressed with products that say they'll add volume and this product is no different. I don't feel it did anything at all really, except maybe make my roots look a little dirty. My hair was pretty much stuck to my head, the opposite of what I want so I won't be repurchasing or even using the rest of this.

Popular Styling Products