Clean & Clear Advantage Acne Spot Treatment

Clean & Clear Advantage Acne Spot Treatment
Advantage Acne Spot TreatmentAdvantage Acne Spot TreatmentClean & Clear

3.3

Salicylic Acid (2%) Inactive: Alcohol, Ammonium Hydroxide, Benzalkonium Chloride, Butylene Glycol, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Capryloyl Glycine, Cedrus Atlantica Bark Extract, Cetyl Lactate, Cinnamomum Zeylanicum Bark Extract, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dehydroxanthan Gum, Fragrance, Glycerin, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Laureth-7, Phenethyl Dimethicone , Phenoxyethanol, Polyacrylamide, Polysorbate 20, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, PPG-2 Isoceteth-20 Acetate, Propylene Glycol, Sarcosine, SD Alcohol 40-B, Tetrasodium EDTA, Water

on 4/16/2017 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I purchased this product about a year ago and I have still not run out, I have the occasional breakout and a regular breakout around that time of the month and this works wonders on those pesky pimples. I have not had any irritation with the product at all even though I have super sensitive skin, I use a very light amount of the product because that is all it takes to start clearing up my skin. When I first started using it I did tend to use a bit much and it did dry out the places on my skin where I had used too much, so my advice would me to use a very light layer and you should be fine, the more you use the dryer your skin will get.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Ive been using this for almost a week. I've been applying it multiple times a day when I'm in the house not wearing makeup, but only put it on in the evening if I'm out that day.
It's not a miracle zit zapper. I put it on a whitehead and it didn't dry it out or anything. It may help prevent it from getting bigger.
I have noticed it helped a bit in reducing dark spots from pimples.

I like the tube, and the precise tip. Some people complain about the smell but that doesn't bother me. I also felt some tingling sensation for about a minute after application.

I likely won't buy again and will try a different spot treatment.

UPDATE
I'm no longer using this product!!! After a few more uses it gave me like chemical burns on a few of my pimples, especially my "invisible" pimple. Usually those ones just fade away after a few days, but this product burned away the first layer of my skin and now I have an ugly looking wound in that spot. It did the same thing to a couple other of my pimples. I've tossed it for the sake of my skin.

THE FIRST INGREDIENT IN THIS IS ALCOHOL. Makes total sense why they hide the ingredients list. Made me break out worse. Awful.

mostly positive review BUT it's quite harsh if you have senstive skin!
Pros: no burning sensation unless the skin is damaged; dries fresh pimples overnight; price, so cheap and usually on sales too; super accessible; little goes long way
So-so: packaging is ok but just sometimes it squeezes too much and it's a waste of product
Cons: doesn't work the best for one day after spots, best when applied on fresh pimples; and! it irritates sensitive skin badly, I have super sensitive skin on my chin and when put there it just makes the spot more red and swollen so be careful! still will repurchase for my forehead and nose area.

This has seriously been my favorite holy grail acne spot treatment for years, like 5 years. This clears up a spot so quickly - literally overnight you can see an improvement. A little goes a long way, so one tube will last a very long time, like a year at the least. Loveeeee this

on 6/22/2016 9:20:00 PM

This is one of the few things I’ve repurchased multiple times. I used to use different Clean & Clear acne spot treatment product that came in a blue click pen, but it must have been discontinued or something. Thankfully I didn’t throw out the pen yet and looked for something that had the same percentage of acne healing ingredients. It comes in a convenient squeeze tube with a narrow/pointed tip to ensure accuracy in dispensing the gel on your pimple. When you have used half the bottle or more, it does get a little harder to control how much product comes out, so that’s a downside.

I carry this with me everywhere I go, in case I start to feel a pimple forming. I will apply this gel throughout the day to keep the pimple from actually surfacing. I’m not sure why I apply it so often, don’t think it’s necessary, but perhaps it’s a mental thing for me. I did overdo it once and saw that my skin started to peel slightly after the pimple disappeared. It wasn't super bad, but now I know I shouldn't apply it as often as I did.

There is an expire date, so be aware of that, but I live my skincare life on the edge and have used products past the expire date because I hate wasting products. I didn’t find any problems with using this product past the expire date. I was able to find this at Marshall’s for just $4.49 recently! It was a lifesaver! Regular prices run from $5.79 - $8.

Tip: Use this alongside a vitamin C serum to prevent pimples from forming, rid of pimples faster, and fade the dark acne scars faster! In general, it helps to pay close attention to your skin all the time so you can really prevent, rather than try and heal. It's not a magic eraser, but you can use this product to keep pimples at bay as soon as you feel it starting under your skin. Timing is everything.

This product is a transparent and lightweight gel and that's really helpful for the acne skin prone like me. I can't smell anything from it, that's good cause i don't like products that have fragrance or chemical smell. I have acne skin prone but this product do nothing to my skin. But i can feel that my skin was more soft and smooth during i used this. But my acnes still there, red and hurt. But i still like the way it smoothening my skin, really love it. If it can cure my acnes i would rate it 5 star

on 3/18/2016 5:38:00 AM

It's doesn't work maybe its drying the acne but its leaves a dark circle ... There are other products works better than this one ... But its work when you have an event and you need to dry the acne ..

on 3/10/2016 2:18:00 AM

I like the size of this product. You get a generous amount. I like the smell of the product and how it feels on my face. Doesn't dry out skin and doesn't leave behind a residue. Honestly though this product did not work for me at all. I have used it many times and every time it does nothing. I was hoping this could be my new HG as my Neutrogena spot treatment is hard to find. I was disappointed in this and will not repurchase

on 3/6/2016 4:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Works for small pimples.
CONS:
Strong perfume smell that can damage your skin.