Caron Paris Tubereuse

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Caron Paris Tubereuse

4.6

on 8/21/2012 6:57:00 PM

Soft floral with good sillage. Took off one point as the cap doesn't stay on the bottle. This is for the EDP version. Unlike Fracas, it doesn't have the orange blossom accord, and it lacks the "green-ness" of FM's Carnal Flower, but the overall result is sweet but not cloying.

I quite often associate perfumes with colours, and tuberose is often an olfactory bright pink to me. Tubereuse is unusual because it is not. This is lightly green, slightly woody and has a kind of lightness to it, this makes very wearable as a day fragrance, although it still has great sillage.

If this was a colour I would choose dusky peach.

on 10/17/2007 6:45:00 AM

Caron Tubereuse evokes the image of lush, sumptuous petals of this fragrant blossom. This is dreamy, narcotic and ethereal. I agree with the previous review that it smells more like tuberose mixed with candied violet than fresh green tuberose soliflore, as it is sweet and buttery. Wearing too much cause the smell of burnt rubber on me but the small amount can be very beautiful. It also lasts quite long.

This is an update on a previous review. I'm utterly in love with tuberose from Diptyque's Tuberose to Frederic Malle's Carnal Flower. The opening green note in CF to its hothouse flower drydown mesmerized, wooed, and seduced but Caron's Tubereuse with its lush sweet elegance has my heart. I've both: CF at night, Caron by day.

There's something about the Carons that makes one love them more and more over time. The more I smell Caron tubereuse, the more I like it. It is a living flower scent, and gives the concept of the "whole" flower-- green tubes, blooms and all. Very nice spring/summer scent but can be worn during cold weather too. Good sillage, lasts for about 2 hours. The drydown itself persists for more than that, of course. I like this a lot, but my HG remains Or et Noir.

on 6/24/2005 9:11:00 AM

Not sure whether I should go to a doctor for genetic testing to make sure I'm the same person I was a few years ago or to a priest for a potential exorcism. I remember testing Caron Tubereuse (at the relentless insistance of a friend) last year and almost reeling in disgust. I loathed both white florals and Carons. This was both. But even worse, it was tuberose, the most revolting white floral I could imagine. Had it's own special little corner in olfactory hell. I've come around to loving (madly) most Carons and there are a fair number of white florals which are front burner perfumes for me these days, but tuberose? No. Not going that far. Until I retested Caron Tubereuse last week. Elegant, creamy, soft perfection. It is not the sort of tuberose that can knock small children down in the streets, but instead an amazingly lovely scent that can make people turn around appreciatively as you pass by. It evolves on my skin from top notes of delicate tuberose to more of a soft gardenia as it dries down. It doesn't have the dark, mysterious undertones of the classic Carons, but it's undoubtedly a masterpiece in it's own right.

This is by far the most delicate, stunning tuberose fragrance I've ever tried. It's not at all overwhelming, or oppressively buttery, as many tuberose fragrances are. It's creamy, soft, exquisitely feminine. Like it did for victoriaf, it makes me think of the richest, best quality whipped cream and lush creamy white flower petals. It also reminds me of the sumptuous nudes by the painter Ingres (http://www.wga.hu/frames-e.html?/html/i/ingres/05ingres.html). It's exquisite, and a must-try for tuberose lovers.

Hmmm, not completely sure I like this one. I find Tubereuse very strong and please keep in mind Iím a huge fan of Fracas. To me this does not open smelling like tuberose but more like candied violets. For the first hour I found a moderately conservative dab to be overwhelming: sweet, cloying and intense. A rather one dimensional scent that didnít remind me much of fresh flowers at all. Into the second hour it did take on that rather metallic edge that others have described tuberose of having. Although, besides that characteristic, I still didnít really find it smelling of tuberose- at least what I have smelled of tuberose. Perhaps itís meant to smell more of what tuberose with other flowers in a vase, in a room, would smell like? Perhaps with some very sweet, violet incense burning nearby? Yes, thatís what it reminds me of- this violet incense I had once... It certainly doesnít have that fleshy warmth and almost animalic edge that Iíve come to associate with tuberose when you stick your nose right into a blossom. However, the staying power is good and if you like Carons and sweet fragrances in general, I think itís certainly worth a try. Iíll test my sample again but for now am giving 3 lippies. Not awful but not for me.

on 3/8/2005 5:39:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I have been looking for a Tuberose fragrance for years. Each one I tried was missing something until Caron's. Gentle tears caressed my cheeks upon first sniff. Sniffs two and three had me crying like a baby with joy. This is the first perfume that ever made me cry. It is absolutely beautiful, a masterpiece.