Caron Paris Tubereuse

Filtered by hair type : Other
Caron Paris Tubereuse

This is an update on a previous review. I'm utterly in love with tuberose from Diptyque's Tuberose to Frederic Malle's Carnal Flower. The opening green note in CF to its hothouse flower drydown mesmerized, wooed, and seduced but Caron's Tubereuse with its lush sweet elegance has my heart. I've both: CF at night, Caron by day.

Hmmm, not completely sure I like this one. I find Tubereuse very strong and please keep in mind Iím a huge fan of Fracas. To me this does not open smelling like tuberose but more like candied violets. For the first hour I found a moderately conservative dab to be overwhelming: sweet, cloying and intense. A rather one dimensional scent that didnít remind me much of fresh flowers at all. Into the second hour it did take on that rather metallic edge that others have described tuberose of having. Although, besides that characteristic, I still didnít really find it smelling of tuberose- at least what I have smelled of tuberose. Perhaps itís meant to smell more of what tuberose with other flowers in a vase, in a room, would smell like? Perhaps with some very sweet, violet incense burning nearby? Yes, thatís what it reminds me of- this violet incense I had once... It certainly doesnít have that fleshy warmth and almost animalic edge that Iíve come to associate with tuberose when you stick your nose right into a blossom. However, the staying power is good and if you like Carons and sweet fragrances in general, I think itís certainly worth a try. Iíll test my sample again but for now am giving 3 lippies. Not awful but not for me.

Popular Fragrances