Caron Paris Tubereuse

Filtered by skin type : Other
Caron Paris Tubereuse

4.3

on 6/24/2005 9:11:00 AM

Not sure whether I should go to a doctor for genetic testing to make sure I'm the same person I was a few years ago or to a priest for a potential exorcism. I remember testing Caron Tubereuse (at the relentless insistance of a friend) last year and almost reeling in disgust. I loathed both white florals and Carons. This was both. But even worse, it was tuberose, the most revolting white floral I could imagine. Had it's own special little corner in olfactory hell. I've come around to loving (madly) most Carons and there are a fair number of white florals which are front burner perfumes for me these days, but tuberose? No. Not going that far. Until I retested Caron Tubereuse last week. Elegant, creamy, soft perfection. It is not the sort of tuberose that can knock small children down in the streets, but instead an amazingly lovely scent that can make people turn around appreciatively as you pass by. It evolves on my skin from top notes of delicate tuberose to more of a soft gardenia as it dries down. It doesn't have the dark, mysterious undertones of the classic Carons, but it's undoubtedly a masterpiece in it's own right.

on 6/7/2005 4:40:00 PM

Gorgeous buttery tuberose in top notes. However, the butteriness takes a sour note as the scent dries down that ruins it for me. Perhaps it's chemistry but, sadly, I cannot wear this.

By far the most delicate and ethereal tuberose I have smelled. It is light, sweet, evanescent, neither noticeably green on me nor voluptuously creamy. I can only express the difference with a movie metaphor. Tubereuse Criminelle and Fracas are sex kittens, daring and a little bit shocking, like Brigitte Bardot. MPG Tubereuse and Creed Tubereuse Indiana are ladylike and refined, like Grace Kelly or Vivien Leigh. La Chasse is a bit playful, like Carole Lombard. This one - this one speaks to your spirit. It is dreamy, almost narcotic. To wear it is to feel just a little bit happier. It is, in short, Ingrid Bergman.

on 5/17/2005 9:59:00 PM

A rich, beautiful, powerful tuberose fragrance. The best of several I have tried.

Popular Fragrances