4.3

package quality

price range

Reviews

8 years ago

Soft floral with good sillage. Took off one point as the cap doesn't stay on the bottle. This is for the EDP version. Unlike Fracas, it doesn't have the orange blossom accord, and it lacks the "green-ness" of FM's Carnal Flower, but the overall result is sweet but not cloying.

About reviewer (43 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

9 years ago

I quite often associate perfumes with colours, and tuberose is often an olfactory bright pink to me. Tubereuse is unusual because it is not. This is lightly green, slightly woody and has a kind of lightness to it, this makes very wearable as a day fragrance, although it still has great sillage. If this was a colour I would choose dusky peach.

About reviewer (35 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

9 years ago

I have to agree with reviewer sharianna - it was so lovely when I first smelled it that tears came to my eyes. It is in my top 2 tuberose scents along with Carnal Flower, and on a par with Balenciaga Michelle in being user-friendly. It has its own quiet, gentle character that is not normally found in this type of white floral. Caron has another winner!

About reviewer (11 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Other

EyesHazel

12 years ago

Caron Tubereuse evokes the image of lush, sumptuous petals of this fragrant blossom. This is dreamy, narcotic and ethereal. I agree with the previous review that it smells more like tuberose mixed with candied violet than fresh green tuberose soliflore, as it is sweet and buttery. Wearing too much cause the smell of burnt rubber on me but the small amount can be very beautiful. It also lasts quite long.

About reviewer (27 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairBrown

13 years ago

This is an update on a previous review. I'm utterly in love with tuberose from Diptyque's Tuberose to Frederic Malle's Carnal Flower. The opening green note in CF to its hothouse flower drydown mesmerized, wooed, and seduced but Caron's Tubereuse with its lush sweet elegance has my heart. I've both: CF at night, Caron by day.

About reviewer (209 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

14 years ago

It appears I have a new mentor Fey sparrow has introduced me to many loves in the samples she has shared with me. This is a gorgeous full tuberose well tuberose is always full ! But here is is almost eatable,it is mouth watering in its decandance, it has torrid sillage with salty quality totally intriguing. It is hard I think to tame tuberose to be a lady. They have tried as do it well here but this one is not for me.I really can not say why as it is lovely but too much for me ? Do not wear this if you are shy as it is a lush and sensual beauty ,this is dessert with whipped double cream a really attention getter. WoW

About reviewer (129 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

3.0

14 years ago

I have tried many Tuberose fragrances over the years and found most of them to be heavy and cloying. This offering by Caron is fantastic. I sprayed it today lunchtime and it has dried down to the most delicate and sophisticated fragrance. I would love to purchase but it is so expensive! Does anyone know where I can get it cheaper then the £100+ price tag in Fortnums? Update 28th August 06 Tried this again today, was intending to purchase but Oh boy was I disappointed. It seemed to hang around forever and was almost nauseating. The dry down this time was pungent and horrible. I had high hopes for this one, but maybe it's just not to be.

About reviewer (107 reviews)

HairBrunette

14 years ago

There's something about the Carons that makes one love them more and more over time. The more I smell Caron tubereuse, the more I like it. It is a living flower scent, and gives the concept of the "whole" flower-- green tubes, blooms and all. Very nice spring/summer scent but can be worn during cold weather too. Good sillage, lasts for about 2 hours. The drydown itself persists for more than that, of course. I like this a lot, but my HG remains Or et Noir.

About reviewer (21 reviews)

HairBlack

15 years ago

Caron Tubereuse is a beauty! By far the best rendition of tuberose, IMO. On my skin, I smell mainly tuberose, beautifully composed. Iam quite smitten. I do wish it stayed alittle stronger during the dry down. This is a light scent, but lasting. FBW A very feminine parfum. My HG! My novice description does not do this magnificent scent justice. In short, Iam new to giving reviews, and my perfume vocabulary is limited. All I can add to the other reviews, is to agree with all of the "5" ratings and agree this is a must try for tuberose fans!

About reviewer (14 reviews)

HairBlond

15 years ago

Not sure whether I should go to a doctor for genetic testing to make sure I'm the same person I was a few years ago or to a priest for a potential exorcism. I remember testing Caron Tubereuse (at the relentless insistance of a friend) last year and almost reeling in disgust. I loathed both white florals and Carons. This was both. But even worse, it was tuberose, the most revolting white floral I could imagine. Had it's own special little corner in olfactory hell. I've come around to loving (madly) most Carons and there are a fair number of white florals which are front burner perfumes for me these days, but tuberose? No. Not going that far. Until I retested Caron Tubereuse last week. Elegant, creamy, soft perfection. It is not the sort of tuberose that can knock small children down in the streets, but instead an amazingly lovely scent that can make people turn around appreciatively as you pass by. It evolves on my skin from top notes of delicate tuberose to more of a soft gardenia as it dries down. It doesn't have the dark, mysterious undertones of the classic Carons, but it's undoubtedly a masterpiece in it's own right.

About reviewer (577 reviews)

Age