Caron Paris Tubereuse

Caron Paris Tubereuse

4.3

By far the most delicate and ethereal tuberose I have smelled. It is light, sweet, evanescent, neither noticeably green on me nor voluptuously creamy. I can only express the difference with a movie metaphor. Tubereuse Criminelle and Fracas are sex kittens, daring and a little bit shocking, like Brigitte Bardot. MPG Tubereuse and Creed Tubereuse Indiana are ladylike and refined, like Grace Kelly or Vivien Leigh. La Chasse is a bit playful, like Carole Lombard. This one - this one speaks to your spirit. It is dreamy, almost narcotic. To wear it is to feel just a little bit happier. It is, in short, Ingrid Bergman.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

It appears I have a new mentor Fey sparrow has introduced me to many loves in the samples she has shared with me. This is a gorgeous full tuberose well tuberose is always full ! But here is is almost eatable,it is mouth watering in its decandance, it has torrid sillage with salty quality totally intriguing. It is hard I think to tame tuberose to be a lady. They have tried as do it well here but this one is not for me.I really can not say why as it is lovely but too much for me ? Do not wear this if you are shy as it is a lush and sensual beauty ,this is dessert with whipped double cream a really attention getter. WoW

I quite often associate perfumes with colours, and tuberose is often an olfactory bright pink to me. Tubereuse is unusual because it is not. This is lightly green, slightly woody and has a kind of lightness to it, this makes very wearable as a day fragrance, although it still has great sillage.

If this was a colour I would choose dusky peach.

This is an update on a previous review. I'm utterly in love with tuberose from Diptyque's Tuberose to Frederic Malle's Carnal Flower. The opening green note in CF to its hothouse flower drydown mesmerized, wooed, and seduced but Caron's Tubereuse with its lush sweet elegance has my heart. I've both: CF at night, Caron by day.

Caron Tubereuse is a beauty! By far the best rendition of tuberose, IMO. On my skin, I smell mainly tuberose, beautifully composed. Iam quite smitten. I do wish it stayed alittle stronger during the dry down. This is a light scent, but lasting. FBW A very feminine parfum. My HG! My novice description does not do this magnificent scent justice. In short, Iam new to giving reviews, and my perfume vocabulary is limited. All I can add to the other reviews, is to agree with all of the "5" ratings and agree this is a must try for tuberose fans!

on 6/24/2005 9:11:00 AM

Not sure whether I should go to a doctor for genetic testing to make sure I'm the same person I was a few years ago or to a priest for a potential exorcism. I remember testing Caron Tubereuse (at the relentless insistance of a friend) last year and almost reeling in disgust. I loathed both white florals and Carons. This was both. But even worse, it was tuberose, the most revolting white floral I could imagine. Had it's own special little corner in olfactory hell. I've come around to loving (madly) most Carons and there are a fair number of white florals which are front burner perfumes for me these days, but tuberose? No. Not going that far. Until I retested Caron Tubereuse last week. Elegant, creamy, soft perfection. It is not the sort of tuberose that can knock small children down in the streets, but instead an amazingly lovely scent that can make people turn around appreciatively as you pass by. It evolves on my skin from top notes of delicate tuberose to more of a soft gardenia as it dries down. It doesn't have the dark, mysterious undertones of the classic Carons, but it's undoubtedly a masterpiece in it's own right.

on 4/26/2005 8:44:00 PM

As a huge fan of tuberose, I will compare Caron's Tuberose with the others that I've tried instead of describing the scent by itself. Caron initially has the bright, sweet notes of MPG's Tubereuse (w/o the musk) and SMN's Tuberosea. This is my favorite part of the fragrance. The middle notes remind me of L'Artisan's Tubereuse, where the Gardenia-like richness comes to the forefront. It's a subtle, but definite change from the "sweet tart" phase of the beginning. Several hours later, the dry down is slightly soapy. It's nice but there is an unmistakable "self tanner stench" that permeates the soapiness. Actually, as I wear this fragrance ito it's 4th hour on my skin, the scent of self tanner is becoming more and more powerful! I was going to give this 4 lippies for the beautiful beginning but I change my mind: I will never wear this because the beginning and middle is not worth it if I have to put up with the dry down!

This is by far the most delicate, stunning tuberose fragrance I've ever tried. It's not at all overwhelming, or oppressively buttery, as many tuberose fragrances are. It's creamy, soft, exquisitely feminine. Like it did for victoriaf, it makes me think of the richest, best quality whipped cream and lush creamy white flower petals. It also reminds me of the sumptuous nudes by the painter Ingres (http://www.wga.hu/frames-e.html?/html/i/ingres/05ingres.html). It's exquisite, and a must-try for tuberose lovers.

on 3/8/2005 5:39:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I have been looking for a Tuberose fragrance for years. Each one I tried was missing something until Caron's. Gentle tears caressed my cheeks upon first sniff. Sniffs two and three had me crying like a baby with joy. This is the first perfume that ever made me cry. It is absolutely beautiful, a masterpiece.

on 8/21/2012 6:57:00 PM

Soft floral with good sillage. Took off one point as the cap doesn't stay on the bottle. This is for the EDP version. Unlike Fracas, it doesn't have the orange blossom accord, and it lacks the "green-ness" of FM's Carnal Flower, but the overall result is sweet but not cloying.