Caron Paris Tubereuse

Filtered by eye Color : Brown age: 36-43
Caron Paris Tubereuse

There's something about the Carons that makes one love them more and more over time. The more I smell Caron tubereuse, the more I like it. It is a living flower scent, and gives the concept of the "whole" flower-- green tubes, blooms and all. Very nice spring/summer scent but can be worn during cold weather too. Good sillage, lasts for about 2 hours. The drydown itself persists for more than that, of course. I like this a lot, but my HG remains Or et Noir.

Hmmm, not completely sure I like this one. I find Tubereuse very strong and please keep in mind Iím a huge fan of Fracas. To me this does not open smelling like tuberose but more like candied violets. For the first hour I found a moderately conservative dab to be overwhelming: sweet, cloying and intense. A rather one dimensional scent that didnít remind me much of fresh flowers at all. Into the second hour it did take on that rather metallic edge that others have described tuberose of having. Although, besides that characteristic, I still didnít really find it smelling of tuberose- at least what I have smelled of tuberose. Perhaps itís meant to smell more of what tuberose with other flowers in a vase, in a room, would smell like? Perhaps with some very sweet, violet incense burning nearby? Yes, thatís what it reminds me of- this violet incense I had once... It certainly doesnít have that fleshy warmth and almost animalic edge that Iíve come to associate with tuberose when you stick your nose right into a blossom. However, the staying power is good and if you like Carons and sweet fragrances in general, I think itís certainly worth a try. Iíll test my sample again but for now am giving 3 lippies. Not awful but not for me.