MAC MAC Select Cover-Up - Color Corrector Green

3.9

on 10/1/2017 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Oh, the high hopes I had for this when I bought it way back in the distant past. I'm pretty sure this has been discontinued for quite a few years now, but I came across a tube the other day as I was clearing out a drawer of products I'd put aside. I used to have a lot of pinkness and some broken capillaries (thankfully, laser every 2 years or so seems to make them disappear, though they do come back). I was hoping this product would hide the broken capillaries and it doesn't really do a very good job of that unless you layer it on thick and then apply foundation. For the redness in my cheeks, it worked much better but I still had to apply a foundation on top or else I'd look really odd - a sickly pale grey shade that is not at all flattering. I was really hoping to find something that would hide my capillaries and tone down the red in my skin all on its own, without requiring even more stuff on top since foundation on its own sort of took care of the issues but I was looking for an alternative to a full face of foundation. This explains why this product ended up in the "discards" drawer! I finally did find what I'd been looking for in IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Redness, which is an amazing product if your skin is the right tone for it (it comes in only 1 shade, unfortunately).

So this is actually for the blonde ash corrector which is a pale white.yellow.green color. I'm probably in the nw 20 something family and I actually had good luck with this as a corrector before my concealer. The nice thing was that since it has a whitish tinge it didn't change the color of my concealer which was the problem I've been having. Kiddos to it that I don't have to wear foundation because my concealer matches my skin tone and this prevent reverse raccoon eyes and corrects spots decent. Didn't crease either and lasted about 10 hours...I don't have oily skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

sometimes hard to get out. covers up well only problem is u need to put a pressed powder after in order for it to stay

on 11/19/2010 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

It works fine, but a bit expensive for such a small container and I agree--it doesn't do as much more than the foundation doesn't seek out to do. I don't like the container because it's always prone to squeeze out more than I would need. After using it, I would definitely consider searching for a concealer that serves the same (if not better) function for more of a reasonable price. The MAC makeup artist that I had spoken to said that it's their best concealer for coverage.

Squeeze tube is perfect however it can be a little messy. Im not sure if this is available anymore. The last time I purchased it I had to call the PRO store and got 3 tubes. I went last month and I didnt see it there hmmmm. This covers redness really well. Lasts a long time. Hope to see it in the permanent line soon.

on 1/17/2010 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

works ok but kinda just works as any other reg. foundation.

on 3/5/2009 7:34:00 AM

HG Alert!!! I've had problems with redness in my cheeks, and on my chin, and putting this on under my foundation really cancels it out! I just apply with a concealer brush, as I would a 'normal' concealer, and put my foundation on over it. This does a wonderful job of hiding the redness, plus it hides acne really well too. I'll be buying this as long as they make it!

on 9/11/2008 3:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have sensitive skin, but this product works amazingly on me, and I don't get allergic reactions from it. I use the Makeup Forever primer in neutral on most of my face, then brush on the Mac select Cover-Up green corrector to reddish areas of the face (using a foundation brush to apply both products...I then use a sponge to combine the applied product more thoroughly, and finish off with Makeup Forever Liquid Lift foundation and a light dusting of super matte loose powder (Makeup Forever, of course!). I love this Mac product, but you have to be careful not to squeeze the tube too hard, or you will get an over abundance of product..and with this product, you have to be careful not to apply it too heavily, or it will make you look paler than pale! I have tried the green concealer in various brands, such as Makeup Forever and Physician's Formula, but those products didn't even come close to Mac's. (I am not as impressed with some of Mac's other products, especially their eye-shadows. Their color selection is pretty extensive, but the quality is lacking!!)

I've tried many different redness reducing products, including quite a few green bases.
This one was highly spoken of on the makeup board, so I picked it up.
Unfortunately, I didn't get to see how well it worked because I had a terrible allergic reaction to it. My face broke out into hives and I was *so* itchy!
Took a benedryll & went and returned this - the SA said she's seen a few people who are allergic to it.
Be careful if you have sensitive skin!

on 2/25/2007 9:55:00 PM

I am usually a huge fan of Lancome's Photogenic concealer pot in medium bisque, but I tried this product in NC30 because it is cheaper than Lancome and I am a huge fan of MAC's Studio Fix in NC30... it was a HUGE mistake! I have always had awesome skin texture(no pimples or greasiness). This product came out too liquidy and seemed too much like a foundation to have great coverage... I found that I was using more of it than I would have liked. Then, within a couple of days using it, my face was getting small bumps in the areas I was using it (bumps, not necessarily pimples...) I was very annoyed with this because I have never had any sensitive skin issues or breakouts before. I don't know if it was clogging my skin or if I was putting too much on... either way, NOT happy with this product (still loving Studio Fix though...)