Caron Paris Miss Rocaille

Caron Paris Miss Rocaille

3.5

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Fresh green scent with a touch of light florals and sunny tangerine. Some solidly green perfumes can be a bit harsh and synthetic cheap smelling - such as the screechy yet short-lived Gucci "Envy", or the green "deodorant-like" Juicy Couture "Peace, Love and Juicy". Miss Rocaille is not simple or annoying like these two, its green + sweet florals and citrus that adds a beachy, tropical, balmy vibe. There is also a gentle herby note I sometimes notice (notes say basil), which reminds me of walking barefoot through soft lush grass. It smells similar to the basil in the pricey delicious Annick Goutal's limey "Eau du Sud", or the apple wood and celery drydown of Sanrio's "Hello Kitty". Or the grass and apple notes in the unisex Hermes "Un Jardin Sur le Toit".

For a short time in the middle there is some spicyness, astringent spearmint, a hint of soap. I think these notes gives it a tomboyish and sporty aspect. The drydown is mostly the fresh green lasting with the occasional citrus or floral peeking through and a hint of nut and musk. If you like any of these greens you might be interested in giving Miss R a try - I think you will find more interesting, and more feminine, as well as longer lasting! Lasts around 5 - 6 hours on me vs 1 - 2 hours for the Envy or 4 - 5 for the Peace, Love & Juicy.

NOTES:
Top - african orange flower, basil, tangerine
Heart - water lily, sea water, lily-of-the-valley
Base - musk, pistachio.

If you love working in your garden, the outdoorsy freshness, the sappy green of cut stems, the smell of newly turned earth, and daisies, Caron have bottled it in Miss Rocaille.

on 5/14/2008 3:49:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Goes on orange blossom, sunscreen and bugspray and fades down to an almost resinous delicious base. After dry down, it reminds me faintly of Sticky Cake and at other times of the yellow pollen you get on your nose when you sniff a flower in a sunlit garden. Very truly summer and just lovely after the initial weirdness. Odd, I donít even like orange blossom based-scents, but I do like this one. It's very feminine without being in any way a cloying floral or a nose-full of sweet powder.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Of all the diminutive perfumes out there (Miss Dior Cherie, AG Petite Cherie..& more.) Miss Rocaille is special and unique. It's got a green herbal freshness to it that keeps it bright and not too fruity or overly floral. It's well crafted ( of course, it's a Caron!!) This new Caron was created in 2004 and it's notes include: mandarin, orange blossom, basil, jasmine, rose, lilac, lily of the valley, hyacinth, violet, water lily, musk and pistachio. The basil makes it a little masculine and medicinal at first but it's drydown is a lovely melange of grown up florals. Miss Caron might of started out as a 'Tomboy' but slowly grows up to be a strong ladylike fragrance that doesn't skip sophistication for fun and lightheartedness...

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

Once again I purchased unsniffed based on MUA reviews. I wore Fleur de Rocailles about 20 years ago and loved it. Then I wore Tocca which to my nose was similar and then simply lost interest since I've grown to prefer cleaner, higher pitched scents. So, I just opened my bottle of Miss Rocaille and spritzed my hand. At first I thought "Ugh...not another "fresh floral" scent". But it's been developing nicely. I absolutely get the "orange pixy stick" another MUA'er mentioned but I can also get hints of the old Fleur albeit with a sharp overlayer. I like this but I don't think it smells particularly unique. I'm reminded of the Yves Rocher Bamboo scent I had a few years ago. This does smell pretty and will be refreshing during the hot summer months I don't think it's a standout though and I'm glad I didn't pay retail. UPDATE: WOW was I wrong!! I've been wearing this for the past week and it's beautiful!! I'm still glad I didn't pay retail since I'm loving wearing this gorgeous scent for as little as I paid. This is lemony but not fake. It's sparkly and fresh with almost a "champagne-y" top note. I'm wearing a pink cashmere sweater and the scent fits it perfectly. It truly makes me happy to smell this! I most definitely recommend!!!

on 9/1/2007 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

The moment my daughter and i spritzed this on we looket at each other and sayd this smells like pomegranate, lovely fresh citrusy floral scent, very interesting unique inoffensive and pleasant. and as anther reviewew has mentiond this is a happy scent.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Upon testing this scent I was automatically reminded of a garden full of beautiful fresh flowers - it smells wonderful BUT it isn't something I would feel happy wearing. It's the kind of fragrance which, if you were to walk in a room which was filled with this scent, would be most agreeable however as a perfume it just doesn't work for me. Just smells like garden flowers or pot pourri which in itself isn't exactly bad - I'd just rather something with a little more excitement.

on 6/14/2007 4:56:00 AM

*Why somentimes being an idiot is good for you*
A really sweet swapper had contacted me about one of my fragrances, and had offered me decants of one of the Etros I was after, other interesting things, and/or a decant or Miss Rocaille. The point being, because I was in a hurry/sleepy/my IQ not that much anyway, I read "Fleurs de Rocaille" which I was really keen on trying at the time.

So we made agreements and proceeded with the swap. When my parcel arrived, I was perplexed about what I received, went to check on the emails, and sure enought, this lovely and thoughtful swapper had clearly stated "Miss Rocaille" by Caron.

My disappointment was short-lived however, beacuse this is a lovely, soft floral, which is easy-to-wear but still elegant, moden (without being "trendy") and utterly pleasant. More importantly, this is my main "comfort scent". I wear it when I am completely stressed and it makes feel better. It contains very soft middle notes, that even a white flowers-hater like me finds as delicate as a caresse. I suspect this is totally different from the rest of the Carons (the ones that I have tried are impressive, but I cannot wear them), and if you think Caron is not for you, do give this one a try.
BTW, Fleurs de Rocaille, when I managed to try it,was indeed impressive but unwearable for me..

on 6/27/2006 3:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I almost put this on the swaplist unsniffed, as it's name sounds too 'pink' for me, glad I decided to try it first. It's a soft, sheer, summery scent, a breezy mix of citrus with light aquatic notes (water lily?) and a touch of powdery florals. For a comparison to another lemony scent, I think it provides the same summer feeling as Jo Malone's French Lime Blossom, but without the metallic note I get from that scent. I prefer this one. Very nice and non-offensive, great for tropical beach vacations...

3.5 lippies. Dinazad's review I agree with wholeheartedly. Masculine sure isn't a word I would use to describe Miss Rocaille. Tho, I could imagine if your chemistry makes the basil & jasmine overwhelming, perhaps it could be masculine. Luckily on my skin Miss Rocaille is really pretty. Mandarin, lilac, muget, well done jasmine and violet laced powder. This isn't a scent I'd normally be attracted to, but I really like this one. Makes me want to wrap myself in warm handmade quilts in the winter and walk in a flower garden in the summer. The box is really cute with the little polka dots & girly pink bottle. Very girly and as another reviewer said pixish. Worth a try!