Quo Nail Polish

4.8

on 11/27/2014 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love these polishes! I have a set with 20 mini's and four full sized ones. The brush tapered so it's so easy to brush on. They dry quickly, don't bubble or pool. And they last about six days on me. Highly recommend if you can get your paws on them!

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I got an 18 piece mini nail polish gift set from Shoppers Drug Mart on clearance for $10 (originally $40!!) so I was very pleased to try out these slightly more expensive nail polishes at a cheaper price.
The back says that the set contains a mixture of creme, shimmer, and sheer polishes though it doesn't state exactly which polishes belong to each formula or group. It also says to always start with a base coat, apply 2 coats of nail colour, and to always finish with a top coat.
Unfortunently the colour names come on the box but not on the bottom of the actual polishes. I wrote the names on reinforcement stickers (for when the holes on holepunched paper rips) and they fit perfectly on the bottom. I do like the colours but some look a little different once on nails. I do love the packaging as well as the brush.
The 18 colours & brief description of each:
ILLUMINATED AQUA- a shimmery sea blue or celeste type of colour.
SPARKLER - a dark blue marine colour but not sparkly despite it's name.
TRASH GLAM - very fine green and gold shimmers in sheer green nail polish
FALLING STAR - very fine silver glitter that reflects rainbow colours but mostly just clear polish once applied
WRONG SO RIGHT - one of those chrome colour nail polishes that looks different depending on the angle you're seeing it at. The colour looks purple and gold in the bottle but on the nail looks like a sheer green/blue colour with fine gold shimmers and purple undertones.
SUGAR COOKIE - looks like your typical pink for a french manicure except with small silver glitters. The pink comes off very sheer and even with 3 coats you mostly get just the glitter and less colour.
FILTHY RICH - has the most colour payoff of all 18 colours!! It's a beautiful shimmery/metallic gold (more on the silver side than the yellow side) You can honestly get away with 1 sheer coat of this colour when it comes to colour because it's so opaque!!
TRUST FUND - a shimmery deep almost berry red. Perfect for the transition between fall and the beginning of Christmas season!
CANDY CANE - has a glossy look that kind of reminds you of candy!! It's a red almost hot pink type of colour but not shimmery whatsoever.
BERRY COBBLER - a dark berry colour that's kind of vampy! Perfect for fall!
RSVP - a creamy light purple/pink colour with dark purple undertones.
GOLD RUSH SPARKLE - tiny gold sparkle strips with very fine silver glitter. You do get quite a lot in 2 coats.
VELVET RUST - I don't feel like the velvet part suits the name because it's a shimmery/metallic copper colour. Very opaque in 2 coats.
VERY VIXEN - similar to berry cobbler but darker and more on the purple side. Looks like an almost-black-purple in the bottle. Opaque in 2 coats.
KALEIDOSCOPE HAZE - looks like a multi-purple glitter colour in the bottle but does not look like that on the nails. Instead it comes out as many small black circles and some silver ones. The clear polish that keeps the glitter together has a slight purple sheen/undertone that is A LOT more visible in the bottle.
SAILORS BLUE - a dark ocean blue that reminds you of the ocean at night. It has sheer purple undertones that are more visible in the bottle and not that visible on your nails.
GET NOTICED - your typical small silver glitter. You get lots in 2 coats.
PURPLE PASSION - a very opaque dark purple with a slight sheen to it.

OVERALL:
I have swatched all colours on white paper but haven't tried them all on my nails. I will update on each colour description/appearance, and whether or not it's opaque in 2 coats after I use them on my nails. I always use topcoat on nail polish so I can't really judge it's durability unless it exceeds 5 days chip free.

on 9/2/2013 7:14:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

My cousin gave me a bottle of Filthy Rich - a nice silvery-gold metallic.
I had never tried this brand before and I was very impressed by this nail polish.

Packaging : narrow brush that spreads well, nice grip
Polish : applies in nice opaque and thin coats, dries really quickly, quite longwear

I would totally recommend this polish, at least in the color that I have! I had many compliments on this one :)

on 8/13/2013 8:32:00 PM

Fast drying, awesome brush and good selection of colors. I've never tried Orly products before but I guess I'll need to now! Only bad thing is the price, $10 at Shoppers but get it on sale and it'll be okay. :)

Popular Polishes