La Roche Posay Anthelios XL SPF 60 Fluide Extreme

La Roche Posay Anthelios XL SPF 60 Fluide Extreme

AQUA, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, ISONONYL, ISONONANOATE, OCTOCRYLENE, ALCOHOL DENAT., DICAPRYLYL CARBONATE, CYCLOHEXASILOXANE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, GLYCERIN, BUTYL METHOXYDIBENZOYLMETHANE, POLYMETHYLSILSESQUIOXANE, DIMETHICONE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-30 DIPOLYHYDROXYSTEARATE, NYLON-12, SILICA, DROMETRIZOLE TRISILOXANE, ETHYLHEXYL TRIAZONE, BIS-ETHYLHEXYLOXYPHENOL METHOXYPHENYL TRIAZINE, CASSIA ALATA LEAF EXTRACT, DIPHENYL, DIMETHICONE, DISTEARDIMONIUM, HECTORITE, DODECENE, LAURYL, PEG/PPG - 18/18 METHICONE, MALTODEXTRIN, PENTASODIUM, ETHYLENEDIAMINE TETRAMETHYLENE, PHOSPHONATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, POLOXAMER 407, TEREPHTHALYLIDENE DICAMPHOR, SULFONIC ACID, TOCOPHEROL, TRIETHANOLAMINE. (Code FIL: C19096/2). PPD 28

on 7/18/2016 2:58:00 PM

Love it! This is for the Canadian version Ultra-fluid lotion 50 ml bottle

Ingredients:
LA ROCHE POSAY – ANTHELIOS ULTRA LIGHT LOTION SPF 60 Formula: 884790 ACTIVE INGREDIENTS ACTIFS (W/W) HOMOSALATE 10% OXYBENZONE 6% OCTISALATE 5% OCTOCRYLENE 5% AVOBENZONE 3% ECAMSULE (MEXORYL SX) 2% OTHER/AUTRES INGREDIENTS AQUA CYCLOPENTASILOXANE ALCOHOL DENAT. CYCLOHEXASILOXANE STYRENE/ACRYLATES COPOLYMER SILICA DICAPRYLYL ETHER PEG-30 DIPOLYHYDROXYSTEARATE DIMETHICONE TRIETHANOLAMINE GLYCERIN NYLON-12 POLYMETHYLSILSESQUIOXANE CAPRYLYL GLYCOL DICAPRYLYL CARBONATE DISODIUM EDTA DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE DODECENE ISOSTEARYL ALCOHOL LAURYL PEG/PPG-18/18 METHICONE PEG-8 LAURATE PHENOXYETHANOL POLOXAMER 407 POLY C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE TOCOPHEROL C182364/1

This is truly a matte satiny finish. It is very liquidy (similar to Asian Biore SS) and I apply one section at a time. I have no problems applying 1/4 tsp to my face. It does not irritate. (I had a major rash from Clinique spf 25 - physical filters only. Also I cannot wear Biore Perfect milk or Ombrelle Faces spf 45 - redness/blotchy)

I have been wearing it daily for a few days. No clogs. My face appears calm, even toned. I wear mineral makeup and some concealer with no issues. This sunscreen does not apply dry or chalky or settle into pores/lines.

Website claims Fast-absorbing, matte finish.
Fragance-free. Paraben-free.
Water-resistant.

I would use an oil based cleanser to remove.

Other LRP SS I have tried:

LRP Hydraphase UV 30 this has a PPD of 8ish and is better suited for dry skin. Moisturizer feel. I can wear around eyes with no problems. I will keep this for the winter.
https://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=64949/Hydraphase-UV-SPF-30/La-Roche-Posay/Sunscreen I am using the Cdn version. Ingredients listed in review.

LRP Anthelios XL comfort cream or melt in cream) - better suited for dry skin and or winter. Great on my neck and or hands.

LRP Anthelios Mineral - tinted
Tint is too dark unless you have a medium complexion. Contains only titanium dioxide which offers very little UVA protection.

If you want a tinted mineral sunscreen, I would suggest Paula's Choice with 12% zinc oxide. (Reviewed)

I am extremely happy that I have tried this and already plan on repurchasing. I have tried many sunscreens and this is the most protective (PPD/UVA) yet cosmetically elegant one I own.

on 4/17/2016 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

First of all, I'm a black woman and yes black women we still need sun protection! I know it's hard because a lot of spf's really look ashy on our skin and it's a deterrent to buying sunscreen but this goes on light and dries clear. I promise.

For anyone of any race or skin type this is the best sunscreen I've ever tried. It's easily my HG choice for sun protection. It's got a high SPF that's light weight, its a fluid and not a lotion, dries clear with no white cast and wears BEAUTIFULLY under make up. This was tested on sensitive skin so it's perfect for any skin type. I myself am oily/combination and I have had absolutely no reactions whatsoever to it and I wear it every day.

It's a tad annoying having to put the product on the back of my hand first then dab areas of my face and rub in due to the packaging and how the "nozzle" is. I feel pouring it directly into the palm of my hand and then to my face would be a waste of product so I choose to do it the way I described.

This is great for me since I am trying to fade my dark spots and some slight hyper pigmentation. For some people they will say sitting in the sun will fade your spots as the rest of your skin darkens but the spots darken just like the rest of your skin. They dont really fade. The sun loves hyper pigmentation. Looooves it. So use a sun protection to avoid making your spots darker.

Price point is fair at $30. For all this does for my skin without any irritation, I'm not complaining. And honestly you don't need a lot for your face so with daily use this should last you 2-3 months.. I hope they never mess with the ingredients or formula.

To Read all 189 Reviews, Login or Join

on 4/17/2016 6:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I bought this as a last ditch attempt to see if my skin hated all chemical class sunscreens. Unfortunately, the answer is yes, since I had to stop using this after only 2 days due to irritation, BUT if your skin tolerates it, it's the best feeling sunscreen I've ever used for use on bare skin, it felt light and turned to a pleasant powdery finish.

I found my powder foundation disappeared when worn over this unusually quickly though, way faster than over my usual heavier physical sunscreen so I wouldn't use this under makeup even if it did work for me.

on 3/8/2016 7:37:00 PM

I have used the fluide extreme sunscreen and found it to be lightweight, matt and absorbs quite quickly. Does not clog my pores and has little to no white cast after application. Suits my subtype 2 rosacea perfectly. However, price is rather expensive for such a small bottle where I stay.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Note: before you use this sunscreen, make sure to shake it well.

La Roche Posay meant it when they called this sunscreen "fluid". It's fluid, baby. The kind of the fluid that will run all over the back of your hand. It's very light and spreadable, which is excellent for an even application. It sinks in quickly, even when you use the recommend 1/4 tsp amount. (I measure my sunscreen with a measuring spoon). It has never stung my face.

Finish
It has a true matte finish. The first time I used it on bare skin, it mattified my skin and accentuated some dry flakes. It also balled up the first time.

The second time I moisturised very lightly with cream before application. The sunscreen retained its matte finish but didn't ball up.

It leaves a lingering white cast on my fair Asian skin, regardless of the amount I apply.

Please note that the SPF factor is believed to increase exponentially with amount used. So applying 1/8tsp of SPF 50 DOESN'T mean you're getting SPF 25 protection. Rather, you'd be getting SPF 10 or something minimal. (Compare straight line graph and exponential graph for visual comparison.)

Ref:
Kim, S.M., Oh, B.H., Lee, Y.W., Choe, Y.B. & Ahn, K.J. 2010, "The relation between the amount of sunscreen applied and the sun protection factor in Asian skin", Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, Vol 62(2), pp.218-222.

Scent
No artificial fragrance. I couldn't detect any other smells. Definitely no typical sunscreen scent.

Suitability for eye area?
It stings if I apply it over my eyelids. LRP also sells a sunscreen specifically for sensitive areas, called "Anthelios XL SPF 50+ Sensitive Areas Stick".

All in all, the LRP Anthelios XL has a truly elegant formulation. I took one lippie off for the white cast that doesn't fade on me.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Best sunscreen I've tried thus far. I have dry and sensitive skin. First of all, i use the body fluid one on on my body AND face. Other sunscreen I've tried would cause bumps or pimples on my skin bit this one doesn't. It left my skin slightly greasy but I just need to powder it. It like how it's light and absorbs fast. There's no scent and doesn't leave my skin looking streaky or chalky (im medium tan).

on 8/12/2014 5:45:00 AM

I've been on Bioderma photoderm for years, and even though it was crazy greasy and sticky, I had to stick to it for its hight SPF.
My friend recommended Avene emulsion spf50 and I absolutely loved it, it was so much better than the Bioderma, left a bit of shine and white cast, but nothing a mineral powder cannot fix.
I ran out of Avene and went to get a new one, I saw the la Roche posay on the shelf calling my name, I thought why not, got the tinted fluid spf50 and I am absolutely in love with it, it is the sunscreen of sunscreens, so liquidy and light, leaves no grease or white cast, I used it for a whole day on the beach and got no tan nor any breakouts, I applied it only once, I'm too lazy to reapply every 2 hours and still got to texted with it.
Will definitely repurchase

on 5/20/2014 8:21:00 AM

I purchased this mainly because I wanted a sunscreen for my face that would not cause break-outs. After looking this up on cosdna.com and seeing that the ingredients passed (on a scale of 0-5, 0 being least likely to cause break-outs, 5 most likely), with one ingredient receiving a "1", the rest "0", I decided to try this.

It's very light and fluid, absorbs decently, and though it does leave a shine, it's better comparatively speaking to any other sunscreen I've tried. Usually I use a blotting sheet before I leave the house to take care of any extra shine. It's expensive, $30 for 1.7 ounces unless you get in on sale, so I use this on my face, neck and chest & something else on my body. It has no scent.

Not sure about the spf 60 rating, since I do notice my cheeks get a bit pink if I wear this to the beach, but it's better than any other facial sunscreen I've ever tried, without the horrible acne I usually get with other sunscreens. I'm happy with it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

While the SPF50 product is pictured, I am reviewing the SPF 60 Facial Sunscreen from LRP. I actually wanted to purchase the SPF50 Facial one but that doesn't appear to be sold in Canada. Here, we also seem to have stringent or different laws for what can and can't be sold as a sunscreen - many US products (IT CC cream, Tarte CC cream) which carry claims about sun protection cannot or do not carry those same claims here.

So, with all that aside, I LOVE this stuff. I had been using Kiehl's and Clarins - similar products with a similar texture and similar levels of protection. My husband had some pre-cancerous sun damage removed a few years ago. He'd never worn sunscreen because "it's too greasy" but after a stern telling-off by the dermatologist, he was using something heavy and greasy and was really good about it. Then he started using my Kiehl's but lately, to my serious annoyance, he's just stopped using sunscreen again in the erroneous belief that he only needs it when he's out golfing! GRRRRR! So I picked up a bottle of this for him and made it clear that if he wants to continue living under THIS roof, he's to use it EVERY day, rain or shine, even if he's just walking from the house to his car and then from his car to his office!

What I love about this product is that, like the Kiehl's and Clarins ones, it is very lightweight - almost like a milk - and doesn't feel greasy or interfere with my makeup. And because it's not greasy, hubby is very good about using it daily without whining! It has a pleasant scent that I associate with sun lotions and the beach but the smell doesn't last. It's all around a great product.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

First off, I live in Australia where the sun is EXTREMELY harsh and strong. The sun just feels different here. Maybe it's something to do with the fact we live near the hole in the ozone layer?

I was on the hunt for a sunscreen that would also work as a make up base underneath my make up. I used the Nivea face veil up until last year when my bottle ran out. Then was gifted the Shiseido one in a gift pack. However I didn't really like the Shiseido one very much so when I saw the La Roche Posay one in Australia I just had to try it.

This product does work! We went down to the coast last weekend with over 35 degree Celsius (95F) for the whole weekend. We also spent a lot of time sun bathing on the beach. And out of all the sunscreens we had, this one proved to be most long lasting and the one that actually protected our skin from the harsh sun.

I used this primarily on my face, and it pretty much shielded my face from the strong rays and my face didn't get too tanned or red after a long day at the beach compared to the rest of my body which I used a different product.

On the last day, I got a bit lazy and tired of having to reapply greasy sunscreen to the rest of my body, so I used it on my legs, arms and chest and also my face as well. I applied only ONCE in the morning, and again we spent a considerable amount of time on the beach. After we got home, I noticed, the only areas where I didn't burn were the areas I had the sunscreen on from the morning. I missed areas like my ankles, and that was the only place I got sunburnt. I also spent a little time in the water too.

I would definitely repurchase this product for next summer (sunscreen expires after 12 months of opening!) and even though it is expensive, I wouldn't hesitate using it on my body as well as it really does help prevent sun burn. I also bought the stick formula which I carry on my all the time which is handy for touch ups on the face.

It's not the best formula and is expensive but I like this product because it does work against the sun!