CLINIQUE Colour Surge Bare Brilliance in Waterviolet

Filtered by eye Color : Green
CLINIQUE Colour Surge Bare Brilliance in Waterviolet

4.3

on 2/5/2006 12:45:00 AM

I just received this in the store (GWP) and it is very beautiful. Looks a little purple but in my lips just look like a pink-mauve shiny, very clear. Is very beautiful! The only little problem is that you need apply again and again because the color go very quick but is a nice lipstick.

I almost gave this away without trying it(received as GWP) because the colour looked, well, Violet in the tube. I'm generally a bare gloss, brown, or nude colour kind of girl.I tried it, though; and boy, am I glad I did!
Absolutely gorgeous, flattering, and subtle colour. I *love* this colour, and have been reaching for it 9 times out of 10 since I tried it out.
Will definitely be making a purchase of other colours in the formulation. The sheer wash of colour is perfect for colour scaredy-cats like me, who get bored of the neutrals sometimes.
I got quite a few complements on the colour from friends(and even my mother... who never comments on my makeup, as she can't get into my natural look. she's been begging me to wear colour for 15 years now!) which seals it for me. Definitely a keeper, but 4 lippies, as I agree with the prior reviews stating that staying power leaves a bit to be desired. continued >>

This is a beautiful color and I love the shimmer, but it's way too sheer for me. If I want sheer, I'll use a gloss, but I want a bit more color if I'm using a lipstick. I wouldn't even call this a gloss stick, because it doesn't feel very moisturizing to me.

EDIT: I decided to give this lipstick another try. Layered 2x on its own, the color intensifies beautifully. Worn over a liner (Rimmel Eastend Snob) it is suddenly incredibly beautiful. Worn this way, it's an iris- or violet-tinged pink that's different from anything else I own. I have changed my rating from a 2 to a 4 now. Waterviolet, I'm so glad I gave you another chance!

Some folks may like this kind of formula, but I don't.

on 12/3/2004 6:58:00 PM

I'm a hazel-eyed, brown-haired PPP (Stila 10 watts) and this is just the perfect "throw it on without looking in the mirror" lippie for me. My stepmom (Blue/Blonde medium olive skin) tried it and it looked incredible on her too.
It makes a subtle shimmer that rounds out my lips and although the color is sheer, the shimmer fills in my uneven lip line.
I think it's a neutral cool rose color, not really that violet, at least on me. A huge bonus is no taste or fragrance.
Definitely one of my lippie HGs, I have one in my purse, one on my dressing table, and one in my car!