CLINIQUE Colour Surge Bare Brilliance in Waterviolet

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
CLINIQUE Colour Surge Bare Brilliance in Waterviolet

3.6

A nice, purple-pink, warm mauve sheer colour that I like for enhancement of natural lip colour, as opposed to an opaque layer of colour. Not great on the pigmentation front, if that's what you're going for, but a flattering hint of colour appropriate for work or school etc. Nice texture, although not particularly long lasting.

This is a violet-plum shade that leans on the sheer side. It gives my pigmented lips a hint of color with a glossy look.

As with the other Colour Shine Bare Brilliance lipsticks this contains a lot of glitter, I assume to give it the brilliance look. I just find that it is too much glitter on my lips & it seems to wander to areas outside of my mouth. On the plus side, the glitter is not gritty & the lipstick gives your lips a smooth moisturized feel.

I received this in a GWP green tube...which is basically the same size as their silver tube lipsticks, just not in the fancy package.

I'd recommend trying this lipstick formulation if you are a younger gal (teens/20's) or if glitter does not bug you...otherwise, I'd say to try a different one.

on 4/3/2006 10:55:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

My friend put this on me, and I was skeptical. But it really is the universally flattering color. AMAZING!

I got this in a GWP a few months ago, and I just tried it yesterday. The purple color really threw me off into not even wanting to try it on. Well, I was about to toss it since I was cleaning out my room, and I tried it on. I'm so glad I didn't throw it out! It is NOT purple when you wear it. It just gives a hint of sheen and makes the lips look so 'alive'.. so soft and pretty. It feels nice on, though I never wear lipstick (just gloss), but I will wear this and possibly repurchase in 10 years when I use it up. :)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My HG lipstick. I keep in my purse all the time, as this goes with everything on me. Wish it had better staying power, but will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

My new HG! I love the CSBB line, and this one is my favorite (along with pink beach). It is sheer, subtly glossy and subtly sparkly. It feels great on my lips--the first l/s I've been able to tolerate. I only wish it had more staying power--it definitely doesn't last through a meal or even a snack.

on 12/2/2004 10:15:00 AM

I fell in love with this shade! Shimmery sheer light violet... Well, after 40 minutes it got absorbed into my lips and all I still have - pieces of chunky glitter glued to my lips - yuck! Well, I applied lip balm and liner and tried it again... Same story, but took longer to dry out and gave me "nice" rush around my mouth. I never in my life had reaction to any lipstick! Back to the store it went...