CLINIQUE Colour Surge Bare Brilliance in Waterviolet

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
CLINIQUE Colour Surge Bare Brilliance in Waterviolet

3.8

on 9/16/2015 1:46:00 PM

Great summer lipstick. Shimmery lavender with warmish beige undertones, nice with a tan.
Not too light or cool.

on 12/19/2008 12:07:00 AM

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

I disliked this color on me personally, but I could see how it works for other people. I really don't like the grittiness of it due to the huge sparkles - something else I am not a big fan of. The texture of this lippie is nice and it is sheer despite its dark look in the tube. I would not repurchase this. For reference I am NW20 in MAC's Studio Fix Powder.

Nice sheer lipstick, very pretty shade. Not really violet though, but makes your lips look nice. I like to pair it with another nude lipstick, makes your lips shine! Prefer that they reduce the glitter though, if you put too much, your lips just don't look too good with all that glitter stuck to them.

on 10/6/2007 2:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I had purchased this today for $18 Cdn + taxes, and I really like the sheerness of the product and the subtle colouring. Great for daytime/sheer wear. I have moderately fair asian skin (yellow with brownish undertones). It's a great colour for those looking for a lipstick that is cooler in tone. I definitely wanted to avoid the 'pretty pink' type of lip colour here. I also have this in Pink Beach (was a free sample) which I would not buy, and Berrylicious which is a nice colour that looks darker than it really is. Good feel (but just very slightly gritty, due to the metallic sparkles?). I love Clinique products so much!!!

on 8/24/2007 3:04:00 PM

I love this lippie, it wears well, and is moisturizing. I could stand for a bit less glittery, but that's fine. This is my hg lip colour for a violet make-up day.

on 7/25/2007 6:05:00 PM

This lipstick is super sheer and this finish is like that of a tinted lipbalm. The color in the tube looks like a shimmery violet mauve color. On the lips its a MLBB look, with barely there shimmer. Gives a polished look on the go. I'm NW35 for reference. Texture and longevity were great.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have to say that this is a really pretty color. On my lips it's a sheer plum with golden shimmer. It's perfect for daytime wear. I like the fact that it doesn't dry out my lips. I only wish it lasted longer. Overall, a great shade.

Like below, I received this product as part of a Bonus Time promotion. I absolutely love it and would definitely buy it again. It feels like a lipbalm and has just a slight amount of color with a bit of shimmer. Waterviolet a very light sheer plum color with a warm shimmer too it. I think that is why the shade looks good on both cool-toned and warm-toned people. I have warm fair skin with golden brown hair and eyes and it still looks natural and fabulous. Very much a MLBB color. Works well as an everyday color or for offsetting a dramatic eye color. It does not have lengthy staying power, but it fades off naturally and does not dry out lips. I feels good to re-apply anyways.

on 5/9/2006 4:14:00 AM

what a disappointment this was! the colour was a too dark (even though it was a sheer lipstick) and the colour was a bit too boring as well! would not repurchase

I'm not one to get purple/lavender tones so I was surprised this one worked alright on me. I got it in a Bonus and wear it with my Everyday Minerals Plum Dust blush (everydayminerals.com) and it seems to complement it really well. It looks very shimmering in the tube but is more subtle on.