CLINIQUE Colour Surge Bare Brilliance in Waterviolet

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
CLINIQUE Colour Surge Bare Brilliance in Waterviolet

4.2

on 12/20/2017 11:10:00 AM

My #32 WaterViolet was my favorite of the Clinique Brand [Color Surge Bare Brilliance Lipstick]. I think I got it back in 2009. I ran out of it, but barely some left. I would like to buy another, but found out it costs $65 by one vendor outside of the Clinique Co. I was wondering what is the equivalent to this color. I did a cross ref, but it cut off the actual color. It said it is now "Butter..." something. So I am not sure of the name of that color. I loved the light mauvish sparkling smooth glide over {with a light tinted purplish color to it}. I wear it over some of my lipsticks of all colors, just to get it moisturized. It never gives me cracked lips like some lipsticks do, due to the chemicals that they use in it. Great product. If anyone knows the new name for his color, please post.

on 9/5/2016 9:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I got 2 of these as a GWP about a decade ago... I still wear it! High gloss with sparkles but not sticky. It isn't heavily pigmented at all and matches my lip colour exactly. I'm NC20, but l bet most skintones can wear it. It's sheer enough to pop in your bag and reapply without a mirror or when you're in a massive hurry. No scent or gloopiness, but you can feel the sparkles if you rub your lips together. It's impossible to overapply. I'd recommend it - if they still make it!

My favorite lipstick ever. I don't like opaque, solid lipsticks. This is shimmery and light, the look of a light tinted gloss without any stickiness. This color is fantastic.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

This color is a sheer purple. This is so lovely on warm or cool-toned skin, however, I think it looks better on warmer, deeper, tanner, more yellow-toned skin than pink tones. Considering the fact that I have a slightly pink-toned coloring, this does not look as good on me as i had orginally hoped. It would be lovely on warmer-toned girls though. For those of us with cooler-more-pink toned skin, I would suggest a nice sheer lavender mauve like Flirt's Chickstick lipstick in Ice Breaker or a plum like Stila's Natalie or Clinique's Shy or even a berry such as Clinique's Black Honey. For violet/purple lips, I suggest Christian Dior's Violet Spectrum. This one is nice for MMM's and GGG's, though.

on 12/10/2006 6:31:00 AM

This looks great with just a little bit of lipliner - sort of like a sheer pinky mauve nude lipgloss. Very pleased.

on 11/15/2006 4:08:00 PM

Blue eyes, blond hair, pale pink lips, medium complexion. Was looking for a lip product to toss into my day bag. One that could withstand – and that I wouldn’t mind subjecting to – accidental somersaults with a set of keys. One I could smooth on without looking. One that would look good with just about anything, give my lips moisture, color and shine, be light weight and preferably fragrance-free, and look as natural as possible. Found it in a GWP from Clinique: Colour Surge Bare Brilliance Lipstick in Waterviolet, number 32. Perfect. continued >>

on 10/21/2006 11:40:00 AM

I got this as part of a Clinique GWP. The packaging is a little dull in my opinion. As always with Clinique lipsticks the texture is wonderful. Feels like a lipbalm. Waterviolet is a light sheer plum color with shimmer. The staying power could be better. I do prefer my Butter Shines which I like more than this one. I think Waterviolet is a color that suits pretty much anyone. It's very neutral, everyday color.

LOVE this lipstick, stopped wearing it for about 2 years and recently found it lurking at the bottom of my make-up case while searching for my previous MLBB HG Chanel's English Rose - I cannot believe I forgot about this colour, it is fabulous, soft, with just a hint of colour. Makes you look polished and effortlessly lovely. Just a a deep mauve colour with shimmer, but so subtle at the same time that it can be worn with heavy, smoky eyes or as part of a 'natural' look. Just heavenly.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I got this in a free gift from Clinique. As soon as I opened up the tube, I had my doubts. It looked deep purple, which isn't very promising for me (fair skin, blue eyes, black hair). I tried it, and it's so sheer! It's like my natural lipcolor with just a hint of soft plum. I use it every now & then, but I'm not a huge fan of lipsticks. It also feels like I'm not wearing anything on my lips...and I don't particularly like that. But overall, it's pretty good! I don't think I would purchase it again though.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have to agree with the reviewer below. I almost gave this away before I even tried it. In the tube it looks straight up purple which is not something that works on a girl of my coloring (blonde, blue, and super pale). However after reading the reviews I gave it a go, and it's fabulous. It's more like a gloss stick than a lipstick really. Not much in the way of color. A very very sheer hue with just enough sparkle to stand out. Minus one for the lasting power.