Clinique Colour Surge Bare Brilliance in Waterviolet

Clinique Colour Surge Bare Brilliance in Waterviolet

3.8

on 10/29/2008 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Great for an almost no lipstick look. Sometimes I layer on top of a darker shade.

Nice sheer lipstick, very pretty shade. Not really violet though, but makes your lips look nice. I like to pair it with another nude lipstick, makes your lips shine! Prefer that they reduce the glitter though, if you put too much, your lips just don't look too good with all that glitter stuck to them.

on 7/25/2007 6:05:00 PM

This lipstick is super sheer and this finish is like that of a tinted lipbalm. The color in the tube looks like a shimmery violet mauve color. On the lips its a MLBB look, with barely there shimmer. Gives a polished look on the go. I'm NW35 for reference. Texture and longevity were great.

I'm not one to get purple/lavender tones so I was surprised this one worked alright on me. I got it in a Bonus and wear it with my Everyday Minerals Plum Dust blush (everydayminerals.com) and it seems to complement it really well. It looks very shimmering in the tube but is more subtle on.

on 9/14/2005 4:09:00 PM

Very pretty sheer lipstick. It is supposed to be in the violet color family from Clinique (and looks like a light violet in the tube), but on my lips it looks like a sheer wash of shimmery pink. It's flattering and subtle and looks great with brown, plum or grey eye makeup. It doesn't last long though just like the formulation on the Clnique site indicates. But I'd repurchase, because it's very pretty and great for a polished on-the-go look. I find that I reach for this often as a basic staple.

on 8/19/2005 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Smooth beautiful color. Goes on nice, stays where you put it. Makes my lips feel conditioned and soft.

Popular Lipsticks