CLINIQUE Colour Surge Bare Brilliance in Waterviolet

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
CLINIQUE Colour Surge Bare Brilliance in Waterviolet

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

This color is a sheer purple. This is so lovely on warm or cool-toned skin, however, I think it looks better on warmer, deeper, tanner, more yellow-toned skin than pink tones. Considering the fact that I have a slightly pink-toned coloring, this does not look as good on me as i had orginally hoped. It would be lovely on warmer-toned girls though. For those of us with cooler-more-pink toned skin, I would suggest a nice sheer lavender mauve like Flirt's Chickstick lipstick in Ice Breaker or a plum like Stila's Natalie or Clinique's Shy or even a berry such as Clinique's Black Honey. For violet/purple lips, I suggest Christian Dior's Violet Spectrum. This one is nice for MMM's and GGG's, though.

on 12/10/2006 6:31:00 AM

This looks great with just a little bit of lipliner - sort of like a sheer pinky mauve nude lipgloss. Very pleased.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I got this in a free gift from Clinique. As soon as I opened up the tube, I had my doubts. It looked deep purple, which isn't very promising for me (fair skin, blue eyes, black hair). I tried it, and it's so sheer! It's like my natural lipcolor with just a hint of soft plum. I use it every now & then, but I'm not a huge fan of lipsticks. It also feels like I'm not wearing anything on my lips...and I don't particularly like that. But overall, it's pretty good! I don't think I would purchase it again though.

This is a beautiful color and I love the shimmer, but it's way too sheer for me. If I want sheer, I'll use a gloss, but I want a bit more color if I'm using a lipstick. I wouldn't even call this a gloss stick, because it doesn't feel very moisturizing to me.

EDIT: I decided to give this lipstick another try. Layered 2x on its own, the color intensifies beautifully. Worn over a liner (Rimmel Eastend Snob) it is suddenly incredibly beautiful. Worn this way, it's an iris- or violet-tinged pink that's different from anything else I own. I have changed my rating from a 2 to a 4 now. Waterviolet, I'm so glad I gave you another chance!

Some folks may like this kind of formula, but I don't.