CLINIQUE Colour Surge Bare Brilliance in Waterviolet

Filtered by hair type : Straight
CLINIQUE Colour Surge Bare Brilliance in Waterviolet

4.3

This is a violet-plum shade that leans on the sheer side. It gives my pigmented lips a hint of color with a glossy look.

As with the other Colour Shine Bare Brilliance lipsticks this contains a lot of glitter, I assume to give it the brilliance look. I just find that it is too much glitter on my lips & it seems to wander to areas outside of my mouth. On the plus side, the glitter is not gritty & the lipstick gives your lips a smooth moisturized feel.

I received this in a GWP green tube...which is basically the same size as their silver tube lipsticks, just not in the fancy package.

I'd recommend trying this lipstick formulation if you are a younger gal (teens/20's) or if glitter does not bug you...otherwise, I'd say to try a different one.

on 8/19/2005 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Smooth beautiful color. Goes on nice, stays where you put it. Makes my lips feel conditioned and soft.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

My new HG! I love the CSBB line, and this one is my favorite (along with pink beach). It is sheer, subtly glossy and subtly sparkly. It feels great on my lips--the first l/s I've been able to tolerate. I only wish it had more staying power--it definitely doesn't last through a meal or even a snack.