Clinique Colour Surge Bare Brilliance in Waterviolet

Clinique Colour Surge Bare Brilliance in Waterviolet

3.7

on 9/5/2016 9:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I got 2 of these as a GWP about a decade ago... I still wear it! High gloss with sparkles but not sticky. It isn't heavily pigmented at all and matches my lip colour exactly. I'm NC20, but l bet most skintones can wear it. It's sheer enough to pop in your bag and reapply without a mirror or when you're in a massive hurry. No scent or gloopiness, but you can feel the sparkles if you rub your lips together. It's impossible to overapply. I'd recommend it - if they still make it!

on 12/19/2008 12:07:00 AM

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

I disliked this color on me personally, but I could see how it works for other people. I really don't like the grittiness of it due to the huge sparkles - something else I am not a big fan of. The texture of this lippie is nice and it is sheer despite its dark look in the tube. I would not repurchase this. For reference I am NW20 in MAC's Studio Fix Powder.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My HG lipstick. I keep in my purse all the time, as this goes with everything on me. Wish it had better staying power, but will definitely repurchase.

on 9/14/2005 4:09:00 PM

Very pretty sheer lipstick. It is supposed to be in the violet color family from Clinique (and looks like a light violet in the tube), but on my lips it looks like a sheer wash of shimmery pink. It's flattering and subtle and looks great with brown, plum or grey eye makeup. It doesn't last long though just like the formulation on the Clnique site indicates. But I'd repurchase, because it's very pretty and great for a polished on-the-go look. I find that I reach for this often as a basic staple.

on 12/3/2004 6:58:00 PM

I'm a hazel-eyed, brown-haired PPP (Stila 10 watts) and this is just the perfect "throw it on without looking in the mirror" lippie for me. My stepmom (Blue/Blonde medium olive skin) tried it and it looked incredible on her too.
It makes a subtle shimmer that rounds out my lips and although the color is sheer, the shimmer fills in my uneven lip line.
I think it's a neutral cool rose color, not really that violet, at least on me. A huge bonus is no taste or fragrance.
Definitely one of my lippie HGs, I have one in my purse, one on my dressing table, and one in my car!

on 5/2/2004 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love the shimmer and shine to these lipsticks. Waterviolet is a sheer mauve with gold shimmer. Looks darker in the tube than it does on. This color is a bit too sheer for me, so I took off one lipstick. These lipsticks do wear away very quickly, but the colors are so pretty.