CLINIQUE Colour Surge Bare Brilliance in Waterviolet

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
CLINIQUE Colour Surge Bare Brilliance in Waterviolet

My favorite lipstick ever. I don't like opaque, solid lipsticks. This is shimmery and light, the look of a light tinted gloss without any stickiness. This color is fantastic.

This is a violet-plum shade that leans on the sheer side. It gives my pigmented lips a hint of color with a glossy look.

As with the other Colour Shine Bare Brilliance lipsticks this contains a lot of glitter, I assume to give it the brilliance look. I just find that it is too much glitter on my lips & it seems to wander to areas outside of my mouth. On the plus side, the glitter is not gritty & the lipstick gives your lips a smooth moisturized feel.

I received this in a GWP green tube...which is basically the same size as their silver tube lipsticks, just not in the fancy package.

I'd recommend trying this lipstick formulation if you are a younger gal (teens/20's) or if glitter does not bug you...otherwise, I'd say to try a different one.

on 5/2/2004 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love the shimmer and shine to these lipsticks. Waterviolet is a sheer mauve with gold shimmer. Looks darker in the tube than it does on. This color is a bit too sheer for me, so I took off one lipstick. These lipsticks do wear away very quickly, but the colors are so pretty.