Clinique Colour Surge Bare Brilliance in Waterviolet

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Clinique Colour Surge Bare Brilliance in Waterviolet

on 9/5/2016 9:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I got 2 of these as a GWP about a decade ago... I still wear it! High gloss with sparkles but not sticky. It isn't heavily pigmented at all and matches my lip colour exactly. I'm NC20, but l bet most skintones can wear it. It's sheer enough to pop in your bag and reapply without a mirror or when you're in a massive hurry. No scent or gloopiness, but you can feel the sparkles if you rub your lips together. It's impossible to overapply. I'd recommend it - if they still make it!

on 10/6/2007 2:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I had purchased this today for $18 Cdn + taxes, and I really like the sheerness of the product and the subtle colouring. Great for daytime/sheer wear. I have moderately fair asian skin (yellow with brownish undertones). It's a great colour for those looking for a lipstick that is cooler in tone. I definitely wanted to avoid the 'pretty pink' type of lip colour here. I also have this in Pink Beach (was a free sample) which I would not buy, and Berrylicious which is a nice colour that looks darker than it really is. Good feel (but just very slightly gritty, due to the metallic sparkles?). I love Clinique products so much!!!

LOVE this lipstick, stopped wearing it for about 2 years and recently found it lurking at the bottom of my make-up case while searching for my previous MLBB HG Chanel's English Rose - I cannot believe I forgot about this colour, it is fabulous, soft, with just a hint of colour. Makes you look polished and effortlessly lovely. Just a a deep mauve colour with shimmer, but so subtle at the same time that it can be worn with heavy, smoky eyes or as part of a 'natural' look. Just heavenly.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have to say that this is a really pretty color. On my lips it's a sheer plum with golden shimmer. It's perfect for daytime wear. I like the fact that it doesn't dry out my lips. I only wish it lasted longer. Overall, a great shade.

on 1/4/2006 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I think clinique has some great lipsticks. No scent, moisturizing in a great selection of colors and finishes. The Bare brilliance lippies are very moisturizing and slightly glossy looking. Waterviolet looks like a very pale shimmery lilac cool toned shade but is actually quite wearable. Shows up more of a light pink shimmer that barely shows up on my brown lips. I have nc30 light olive complexion and i didnt see too much, just a sheer wash of pink. I thought it would be too purple but its not. although its not one of my HG shades. I wouldnt repurchase this shade but I would buy the Bare Brilliance lippies again.

on 10/29/2005 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I'm not a fan of this, especially for the price--Maybelline's Wet Shine Diamonds do a comparable job for around 1/3 of the price. Try Mauvey Rocks--it's very similar (I own this one and it's great). Also staying power leaves a LOT to be desired.

This is a beautiful color and I love the shimmer, but it's way too sheer for me. If I want sheer, I'll use a gloss, but I want a bit more color if I'm using a lipstick. I wouldn't even call this a gloss stick, because it doesn't feel very moisturizing to me.

EDIT: I decided to give this lipstick another try. Layered 2x on its own, the color intensifies beautifully. Worn over a liner (Rimmel Eastend Snob) it is suddenly incredibly beautiful. Worn this way, it's an iris- or violet-tinged pink that's different from anything else I own. I have changed my rating from a 2 to a 4 now. Waterviolet, I'm so glad I gave you another chance!

Some folks may like this kind of formula, but I don't.

Popular Lipsticks