Clinique Colour Surge Bare Brilliance in Waterviolet

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Clinique Colour Surge Bare Brilliance in Waterviolet

4.1

on 12/20/2017 11:10:00 AM

My #32 WaterViolet was my favorite of the Clinique Brand [Color Surge Bare Brilliance Lipstick]. I think I got it back in 2009. I ran out of it, but barely some left. I would like to buy another, but found out it costs $65 by one vendor outside of the Clinique Co. I was wondering what is the equivalent to this color. I did a cross ref, but it cut off the actual color. It said it is now "Butter..." something. So I am not sure of the name of that color. I loved the light mauvish sparkling smooth glide over {with a light tinted purplish color to it}. I wear it over some of my lipsticks of all colors, just to get it moisturized. It never gives me cracked lips like some lipsticks do, due to the chemicals that they use in it. Great product. If anyone knows the new name for his color, please post.

on 9/5/2016 9:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I got 2 of these as a GWP about a decade ago... I still wear it! High gloss with sparkles but not sticky. It isn't heavily pigmented at all and matches my lip colour exactly. I'm NC20, but l bet most skintones can wear it. It's sheer enough to pop in your bag and reapply without a mirror or when you're in a massive hurry. No scent or gloopiness, but you can feel the sparkles if you rub your lips together. It's impossible to overapply. I'd recommend it - if they still make it!

My favorite lipstick ever. I don't like opaque, solid lipsticks. This is shimmery and light, the look of a light tinted gloss without any stickiness. This color is fantastic.

A nice, purple-pink, warm mauve sheer colour that I like for enhancement of natural lip colour, as opposed to an opaque layer of colour. Not great on the pigmentation front, if that's what you're going for, but a flattering hint of colour appropriate for work or school etc. Nice texture, although not particularly long lasting.

on 12/19/2008 12:07:00 AM

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

I disliked this color on me personally, but I could see how it works for other people. I really don't like the grittiness of it due to the huge sparkles - something else I am not a big fan of. The texture of this lippie is nice and it is sheer despite its dark look in the tube. I would not repurchase this. For reference I am NW20 in MAC's Studio Fix Powder.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

This color is a sheer purple. This is so lovely on warm or cool-toned skin, however, I think it looks better on warmer, deeper, tanner, more yellow-toned skin than pink tones. Considering the fact that I have a slightly pink-toned coloring, this does not look as good on me as i had orginally hoped. It would be lovely on warmer-toned girls though. For those of us with cooler-more-pink toned skin, I would suggest a nice sheer lavender mauve like Flirt's Chickstick lipstick in Ice Breaker or a plum like Stila's Natalie or Clinique's Shy or even a berry such as Clinique's Black Honey. For violet/purple lips, I suggest Christian Dior's Violet Spectrum. This one is nice for MMM's and GGG's, though.

This is a violet-plum shade that leans on the sheer side. It gives my pigmented lips a hint of color with a glossy look.

As with the other Colour Shine Bare Brilliance lipsticks this contains a lot of glitter, I assume to give it the brilliance look. I just find that it is too much glitter on my lips & it seems to wander to areas outside of my mouth. On the plus side, the glitter is not gritty & the lipstick gives your lips a smooth moisturized feel.

I received this in a GWP green tube...which is basically the same size as their silver tube lipsticks, just not in the fancy package.

I'd recommend trying this lipstick formulation if you are a younger gal (teens/20's) or if glitter does not bug you...otherwise, I'd say to try a different one.

on 10/21/2006 11:40:00 AM

I got this as part of a Clinique GWP. The packaging is a little dull in my opinion. As always with Clinique lipsticks the texture is wonderful. Feels like a lipbalm. Waterviolet is a light sheer plum color with shimmer. The staying power could be better. I do prefer my Butter Shines which I like more than this one. I think Waterviolet is a color that suits pretty much anyone. It's very neutral, everyday color.

LOVE this lipstick, stopped wearing it for about 2 years and recently found it lurking at the bottom of my make-up case while searching for my previous MLBB HG Chanel's English Rose - I cannot believe I forgot about this colour, it is fabulous, soft, with just a hint of colour. Makes you look polished and effortlessly lovely. Just a a deep mauve colour with shimmer, but so subtle at the same time that it can be worn with heavy, smoky eyes or as part of a 'natural' look. Just heavenly.

on 4/3/2006 10:55:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

My friend put this on me, and I was skeptical. But it really is the universally flattering color. AMAZING!