CLINIQUE Colour Surge Bare Brilliance in Waterviolet

CLINIQUE Colour Surge Bare Brilliance in Waterviolet

2.8

on 10/6/2007 2:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I had purchased this today for $18 Cdn + taxes, and I really like the sheerness of the product and the subtle colouring. Great for daytime/sheer wear. I have moderately fair asian skin (yellow with brownish undertones). It's a great colour for those looking for a lipstick that is cooler in tone. I definitely wanted to avoid the 'pretty pink' type of lip colour here. I also have this in Pink Beach (was a free sample) which I would not buy, and Berrylicious which is a nice colour that looks darker than it really is. Good feel (but just very slightly gritty, due to the metallic sparkles?). I love Clinique products so much!!!

I'm not one to get purple/lavender tones so I was surprised this one worked alright on me. I got it in a Bonus and wear it with my Everyday Minerals Plum Dust blush (everydayminerals.com) and it seems to complement it really well. It looks very shimmering in the tube but is more subtle on.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I think clinique has some great lipsticks. No scent, moisturizing in a great selection of colors and finishes. The Bare brilliance lippies are very moisturizing and slightly glossy looking. Waterviolet looks like a very pale shimmery lilac cool toned shade but is actually quite wearable. Shows up more of a light pink shimmer that barely shows up on my brown lips. I have nc30 light olive complexion and i didnt see too much, just a sheer wash of pink. I thought it would be too purple but its not. although its not one of my HG shades. I wouldnt repurchase this shade but I would buy the Bare Brilliance lippies again.

on 12/2/2004 10:15:00 AM

I fell in love with this shade! Shimmery sheer light violet... Well, after 40 minutes it got absorbed into my lips and all I still have - pieces of chunky glitter glued to my lips - yuck! Well, I applied lip balm and liner and tried it again... Same story, but took longer to dry out and gave me "nice" rush around my mouth. I never in my life had reaction to any lipstick! Back to the store it went...