Clinique Colour Surge Bare Brilliance in Waterviolet

Clinique Colour Surge Bare Brilliance in Waterviolet

4.1

on 10/29/2008 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Great for an almost no lipstick look. Sometimes I layer on top of a darker shade.

Nice sheer lipstick, very pretty shade. Not really violet though, but makes your lips look nice. I like to pair it with another nude lipstick, makes your lips shine! Prefer that they reduce the glitter though, if you put too much, your lips just don't look too good with all that glitter stuck to them.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

This color is a sheer purple. This is so lovely on warm or cool-toned skin, however, I think it looks better on warmer, deeper, tanner, more yellow-toned skin than pink tones. Considering the fact that I have a slightly pink-toned coloring, this does not look as good on me as i had orginally hoped. It would be lovely on warmer-toned girls though. For those of us with cooler-more-pink toned skin, I would suggest a nice sheer lavender mauve like Flirt's Chickstick lipstick in Ice Breaker or a plum like Stila's Natalie or Clinique's Shy or even a berry such as Clinique's Black Honey. For violet/purple lips, I suggest Christian Dior's Violet Spectrum. This one is nice for MMM's and GGG's, though.

on 10/21/2006 11:40:00 AM

I got this as part of a Clinique GWP. The packaging is a little dull in my opinion. As always with Clinique lipsticks the texture is wonderful. Feels like a lipbalm. Waterviolet is a light sheer plum color with shimmer. The staying power could be better. I do prefer my Butter Shines which I like more than this one. I think Waterviolet is a color that suits pretty much anyone. It's very neutral, everyday color.

LOVE this lipstick, stopped wearing it for about 2 years and recently found it lurking at the bottom of my make-up case while searching for my previous MLBB HG Chanel's English Rose - I cannot believe I forgot about this colour, it is fabulous, soft, with just a hint of colour. Makes you look polished and effortlessly lovely. Just a a deep mauve colour with shimmer, but so subtle at the same time that it can be worn with heavy, smoky eyes or as part of a 'natural' look. Just heavenly.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have to say that this is a really pretty color. On my lips it's a sheer plum with golden shimmer. It's perfect for daytime wear. I like the fact that it doesn't dry out my lips. I only wish it lasted longer. Overall, a great shade.

Like below, I received this product as part of a Bonus Time promotion. I absolutely love it and would definitely buy it again. It feels like a lipbalm and has just a slight amount of color with a bit of shimmer. Waterviolet a very light sheer plum color with a warm shimmer too it. I think that is why the shade looks good on both cool-toned and warm-toned people. I have warm fair skin with golden brown hair and eyes and it still looks natural and fabulous. Very much a MLBB color. Works well as an everyday color or for offsetting a dramatic eye color. It does not have lengthy staying power, but it fades off naturally and does not dry out lips. I feels good to re-apply anyways.

on 5/9/2006 4:14:00 AM

what a disappointment this was! the colour was a too dark (even though it was a sheer lipstick) and the colour was a bit too boring as well! would not repurchase

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have to agree with the reviewer below. I almost gave this away before I even tried it. In the tube it looks straight up purple which is not something that works on a girl of my coloring (blonde, blue, and super pale). However after reading the reviews I gave it a go, and it's fabulous. It's more like a gloss stick than a lipstick really. Not much in the way of color. A very very sheer hue with just enough sparkle to stand out. Minus one for the lasting power.

on 8/19/2005 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Smooth beautiful color. Goes on nice, stays where you put it. Makes my lips feel conditioned and soft.

Popular Lipsticks