Sephora Fleur de Sephora - Peony

No Image

3.2

on 10/12/2005 2:57:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I had high hopes for this fragrance which was in a travel sized fragrance pen. It smells like lemon pledge. No, I have not been dusting too much. Underneath the pledge, I can sort of smell a flower. This was my first try at Sephora's Fleur line, and I don't think I'll try another.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Got this when sephora offered it with a code. At any rate, its a bit too floral..but then again in tiny doses its fabulous! A little goes a loooooooooooooooong way on me. it lasted MORE than 1/2 a day on me! fabulous!

Yuck. This smells very cheap and it gave me a horrible headache. However, I really want to try the lotus. Peony was just not for me.

EDIT: Received a full size free from Sephora. I still have most of the same feelings, however, it didn't seem to bother me as much as the sample, it's not as strong or harsh. My husband really likes it but I'm still iffy.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

UPDATE 2-15-2006: Changed from 5 lippies to 4. This scent is luscious if applied lightly. Too much of this is overwhelming. Also, I really started to notice pepper notes coming out, which impart a sharpness. I no longer feel I would buy this again. It is good - not great - and it is certainly something I could live without in my collection.
Major RAVE for this fragrance. Fresh, vibrant, tart-but-semi-sweet, not too strong, yet doesn't disappear too soon. Nothing powdery or cloying about this! I got this as a sample but I plan to buy some soon. Fragrance is peony with a hint of raspberry, but smells innocently lusty. Lovely! The bottle looks voluptuous, too. continued >>

I stopped by my local Sephora earlier today and discovered their new "Fleur de Sephora" fragrance line, which consists of seven flower/spice combos. From the website: "Sephora's newest fragrance collection allows you to experience the purity of seven classic flowers, each gently infused with a complementary, secondary spice note to enhance the essence of each blossom, without changing its true nature." My Sephora only had four of them on display, and the one I liked the most was Peony, which has a second note of raspberries. It's a sparkling, sweet, warm, sunny, fruity fragrance that is quite reminiscent of the Escada summer fragrances such as Sexy Graffiti, Island Kiss, etc. It's also similar to Dior's J'adore, which is a favorite classic floral fragrance of mine, although with more of a fruity kick. For some reason it reminds me of champagne filled with raspberries. It doesn't have much complexity or depth (which makes sense since it only has two notes), but the lasting power is surprisingly good for an EDT. One spritz on my wrist still yields a strong scent eight hours later. The bottle is cute: round and translucent pink, sort of reminiscent of a flower bulb. Price is $28, and I'm definitely saving up to get a bottle of this baby. It's a really lovely spring/summer fragrance for such a reasonable price.

Popular Fragrances