Sephora Fleur de Sephora - Peony

No Image

3.7

Yuck. This smells very cheap and it gave me a horrible headache. However, I really want to try the lotus. Peony was just not for me.

EDIT: Received a full size free from Sephora. I still have most of the same feelings, however, it didn't seem to bother me as much as the sample, it's not as strong or harsh. My husband really likes it but I'm still iffy.

on 10/12/2005 2:57:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I had high hopes for this fragrance which was in a travel sized fragrance pen. It smells like lemon pledge. No, I have not been dusting too much. Underneath the pledge, I can sort of smell a flower. This was my first try at Sephora's Fleur line, and I don't think I'll try another.

on 1/22/2005 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I really do like this fragrace but I wouldn't buy it again cause it smells to much like Body by Victoris's Secret.

on 12/31/2004 10:38:00 AM

Got a sample of this. Seems like a nice summer fragrance. Initially reminded me of YSL Baby Doll then quickly faded into a soft floral. I am not a floral girl, but I will consider getting this for warmer weather because it is not sharp or musty/old lady smelling.

on 4/15/2004 11:44:00 AM

I tried these scents at Sephora. The only one that smelled good on me, with my chemistry, was orchid. It was a bit spicy, and I prefer warm, spicy scents. Rose was non-descript - there are far better roses out there; Jasmine was too heavy and dry; Magnolia was light and too sweet. Hibiscus and Peony were the nicest after Orchid. I don't know what a peony flower is supposed to smell like, though. Peony was sort of a light, sweet non-offensive scent. I don't think I would buy it personally (I'd more likely buy Orchid or Hibiscus)but if someone really liked peonies I could see liking this scent.

on 3/19/2006 12:07:00 AM

Nice mellow clean floral drydown on this! I love it for day use. It's simple, pleasant, light, yet has plenty of staying power. I do not notice any sharpness, nor is it powdery. It's a keeper. Great for spring/summer!

on 9/11/2004 4:32:00 AM

Got this bottle free from Sephora. I usually do not like flowery scents, but this was really nice! Very fresh and simple. I really like it and would definitely buy it.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Got this when sephora offered it with a code. At any rate, its a bit too floral..but then again in tiny doses its fabulous! A little goes a loooooooooooooooong way on me. it lasted MORE than 1/2 a day on me! fabulous!

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

UPDATE 2-15-2006: Changed from 5 lippies to 4. This scent is luscious if applied lightly. Too much of this is overwhelming. Also, I really started to notice pepper notes coming out, which impart a sharpness. I no longer feel I would buy this again. It is good - not great - and it is certainly something I could live without in my collection.
Major RAVE for this fragrance. Fresh, vibrant, tart-but-semi-sweet, not too strong, yet doesn't disappear too soon. Nothing powdery or cloying about this! I got this as a sample but I plan to buy some soon. Fragrance is peony with a hint of raspberry, but smells innocently lusty. Lovely! The bottle looks voluptuous, too. continued >>

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is the first Sephora brand product I ever tried, and I love it! It smells sweet and girlie, whcih I love. I will definitely purchase more of this in the future.

Popular Fragrances