Sephora Fleur de Sephora - Peony

No Image

3.7

on 4/15/2004 11:44:00 AM

I tried these scents at Sephora. The only one that smelled good on me, with my chemistry, was orchid. It was a bit spicy, and I prefer warm, spicy scents. Rose was non-descript - there are far better roses out there; Jasmine was too heavy and dry; Magnolia was light and too sweet. Hibiscus and Peony were the nicest after Orchid. I don't know what a peony flower is supposed to smell like, though. Peony was sort of a light, sweet non-offensive scent. I don't think I would buy it personally (I'd more likely buy Orchid or Hibiscus)but if someone really liked peonies I could see liking this scent.

I stopped by my local Sephora earlier today and discovered their new "Fleur de Sephora" fragrance line, which consists of seven flower/spice combos. From the website: "Sephora's newest fragrance collection allows you to experience the purity of seven classic flowers, each gently infused with a complementary, secondary spice note to enhance the essence of each blossom, without changing its true nature." My Sephora only had four of them on display, and the one I liked the most was Peony, which has a second note of raspberries. It's a sparkling, sweet, warm, sunny, fruity fragrance that is quite reminiscent of the Escada summer fragrances such as Sexy Graffiti, Island Kiss, etc. It's also similar to Dior's J'adore, which is a favorite classic floral fragrance of mine, although with more of a fruity kick. For some reason it reminds me of champagne filled with raspberries. It doesn't have much complexity or depth (which makes sense since it only has two notes), but the lasting power is surprisingly good for an EDT. One spritz on my wrist still yields a strong scent eight hours later. The bottle is cute: round and translucent pink, sort of reminiscent of a flower bulb. Price is $28, and I'm definitely saving up to get a bottle of this baby. It's a really lovely spring/summer fragrance for such a reasonable price.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is the first Sephora brand product I ever tried, and I love it! It smells sweet and girlie, whcih I love. I will definitely purchase more of this in the future.

on 3/19/2006 12:07:00 AM

Nice mellow clean floral drydown on this! I love it for day use. It's simple, pleasant, light, yet has plenty of staying power. I do not notice any sharpness, nor is it powdery. It's a keeper. Great for spring/summer!

on 10/12/2005 2:57:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I had high hopes for this fragrance which was in a travel sized fragrance pen. It smells like lemon pledge. No, I have not been dusting too much. Underneath the pledge, I can sort of smell a flower. This was my first try at Sephora's Fleur line, and I don't think I'll try another.

on 1/22/2005 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I really do like this fragrace but I wouldn't buy it again cause it smells to much like Body by Victoris's Secret.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I just received this fragrance a few days ago in the mail. I sprayed it in the car & my husband nearly choked! He said it was too strong & he really didn't like it. The next day I wore it & he & I both LOVED it! It smells much different on & the staying power was GREAT! I put it on after getting out of the shower that morning & when I went to get into the shower the next day I could still smell it! I plan to try some other Fleur de Sephora fragrances since I enjoyed this one so much! I definately recommend this one!

on 12/31/2004 10:38:00 AM

Got a sample of this. Seems like a nice summer fragrance. Initially reminded me of YSL Baby Doll then quickly faded into a soft floral. I am not a floral girl, but I will consider getting this for warmer weather because it is not sharp or musty/old lady smelling.

on 9/11/2004 4:32:00 AM

Got this bottle free from Sephora. I usually do not like flowery scents, but this was really nice! Very fresh and simple. I really like it and would definitely buy it.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Got this when sephora offered it with a code. At any rate, its a bit too floral..but then again in tiny doses its fabulous! A little goes a loooooooooooooooong way on me. it lasted MORE than 1/2 a day on me! fabulous!

Popular Fragrances