Neutrogena Norwegian Formula body moisturizer

on 1/7/2016 6:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I currently have two body moisturizers of this colection. I have the blue one without a pump wich comes with 75ml. I was very cheap, it was 1,75 euros in the drogary DM in Germany. I liked it, but didn't love it. I had to use in a large amount to obtain a meaningful result. When I say large amount I really mean that! Like one coin of 2 euros. I also found it very tacky and sticky on my skin and hands. I'd recommend it for people who don't have VERY dry skin, only a little bit. And since it is so cheap, the tackness of it can be bearable.

Afterwards, I decided to buy the red version because I saw a really good review about it on Youtube and the woman had very very dry skin, so I decided to give it a go. Firstly, I don't have dry skin, only when I am in Europe it becomes very itchy and horribly dry. I am brazilian, so my skin is not used with dry weather.

Secondly, I have acne-prone skin type and also sensitive, and I have always used products of Neutrogena and obtained good results and never showed any side effect. I really appreciate that brand and recommend it to everybody.

Back to the subject, I decided to pick the red version with a pump (which I love!) and it comes with 250ml and I don't remember how much it exactly coasted, but I think it was not more than 5 euros for sure!!!! It was a very cheap product and says it is especially for very dry skin and ITCHY!!! Thats what I need hahaha.

I use it every day and I don't feel my body itching regularly. It itches at night and I re-apply it and only starts itching again in the next time. So you have to be using it countiously. I have been using it for about 5 days and I like it.

I use it on my arms, back, hips and belly and obtained fast result with the arms. At night I pass more on my hips and back. Give it a try, it is cheap, has a good packing and doesn't even has a strong odor.

on 1/23/2014 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The lotion works well, but I do not like the strong scent of this lotion. Will not purchase again.

To Read all 66 Reviews, Login or Join

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

*The product I am reviewing is labeled as "Norwegian Formula Daily Body Moisturizer." I was unable to find a picture of my bottle online, but it has the same ingredients on the bottle as does the Moisture Wrap, so I assume that it is the same product and either is marketed differently in Canada or it has yet to change its appearance here. This is a review for the scented formula*

Claims - True or False?
1) Relieves uncomfortable dryness: True
2) Smooth visible dull flakiness: True
3) Helps heal dry skin: Mostly true

Packaging:
I picked up the large pump-bottle size of this lotion. It's a pretty standard plastic container, ingredients printed on the back, with a pump that can be swiveled around (although it doesn't swivel that easily). The pump does not have a lock-down feature for travel, so it is advisable to transfer some into another container. I have taken it with me in my gym bag however and only once had a bit of a leak. Sits nice and sturdy on the counter.

Formula:
This is a thin to medium thickness lotion, milky white, and moderately fragranced. It spreads very easily and feels light on the skin. The fragrance isn't my favourite but I don't mind it - it has a distinct fragrance, and it can linger if applied liberally. I'm not quite sure what the fragrance is, maybe a bit floral? Does not bother my skin.

Performance:
Overall the product works very well, but there are times when it doesn't quite perform as I'd like it to. It offers a lot of hydration so only a small amount is needed to sooth and smooth my skin, but if my skin is quite chapped then a more liberal application works best, or at least multiple applications in the day. When a small amount is applied it sinks in rather quickly and feels comfortable worn under clothing during the day without transferring to the clothes. It also doesn't leave my skin shiny or greasy, although I do prefer to rinse it off of my hands as I find that on this area it can feel a bit too heavy for my tastes. I originally bought this lotion when my hands began to crack and burn from the cold winter climate a few months ago and with regular use (perhaps a week or so) my hands were almost normal. For my hands I like to either apply a smaller amount and then rinse, or apply a liberal amount, wait a while, then wash it off. I especially like that method for overnight use with gloves, but will do it during the day if I have spare time. For areas with mild dryness I am able to use it just once a week or less without experiencing any obvious ashiness in between uses (I do not use body wash but I do exfoliate my arms and legs once a week with epsom salt). If my skin is quite dry and chapped, it does take up to a week with liberal application to get the skin healthy again, so for severe winter weather regular application on areas that tend to dry out easily is probably ideal even if the skin does not feel or look dry at that time.

Bang for your Buck:
I can't remember the exact cost but I believe it was around $10CAD, maybe a bit more, for the 449ml bottle. I'm not sure how much I've used but I've probably had it for at least 3 months now and the bottle still feels quite full. Used daily it would likely last anywhere from 4 to 6 months.

Final Consensus:
A very nice lotion for skin prone to dryness, but if you have severe dryness this may not be enough for you; in such cases I'd recommend it as a supplementary, upkeep lotion to be used when heavier creams are too much or the skin doesn't need as much hydration. Nice for winter use and I'm sure it would be light enough for summer use as well, although I don't find that my skin gets that dry during the summer; when the time comes I will update as to whether it works well for warmer seasons. Would recommend!
* Overall Rating: 4.5/5
* Price: 2/5
* Packaging Quality: 3/5
* Repurchase: Yes.

on 12/11/2012 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

There are two unscented versions available out there in European market, one is blue Deep Moisture and the other is red Intense Repair. Probably the red one is a bit more expensive but very slightly. Thumbs up the blue version wins. It delivers what it claims, maybe not 24h moisture but quite decent effect. It is more like a lotion though not runny whereas red version is more like a cream. I have both because I couldn't figure which to buy. Apparently I have nothing to repair therefore I can not fully appreciate the effects of the red one, though it is not bad by itself but I will not repurchase unless the blue one is discontinued (God forbid!). Both versions soothe my sudden urges to itch which I started experiencing recently, maybe because of new medication or just dry air. In sum, Neutrogena Norwegian Formula unscented for sensitive skin is my go-to and a definite must have and overall a great availability-quality-price match. It ticks all boxes.

on 9/12/2012 9:10:00 AM

amazing moisturiser! i have seborrheic dermatitis on my nose, my prescription cream works some times but this moisturiser makes my nose feel so much better and really hydrates it! dry skin is a nightmare when wearing make up but this moisturiser seems to make my skin so smooth and forms like a barrier between my skin and the make up. so many moisturisers don't hydrate for long enough or make you feel greasy or take forever to sink into the skin. this moisturiser, is by far the best i've tried. works well on dry knees and elbows as well ! on the driest parts of my face, i usually apply a second layer. when i put it on my nose, it usually flattens the skin so when i put make up over top, it doesn't flake at all. i totally recommend this product.

on 8/31/2012 4:33:00 PM

I always go back to this lotion. I live in Sweden so i'm in need of that norwegian formula during the winter months...Since I have dry skin, with specific dry patches, I use this product all year around. It's a rich lotion but completely sinks into the skin. Very good for elbows. Great packaging, I've noticed how much easier it is too moisturize daily when you have a pump bottle: ) Great texture and very suddle scent. As far as i'm concerned it's the best bodylotion for normal to dry skin, and it's unnecessary to spend money on more expensive products. Basically, it does make a change for your skin.

First of all, let me tell this is a review on the sensitive/unscented version of this lotion. This is probably my HG body lotion: it is dirt cheap, can be found everywhere, does the job of keeping my skin moisturized all year long and doesn't interfere with my perfumes.

This said, now it's time to be a little more specific... I am not a lotion expert. But I chose this product to be my first (*) review because it is basically the only skincare item I don't even think before repurchasing. I apply it immediately after showering and it keeps my skin moisturized without any greasy feeling. But there is a trick for that: It may take a while to sink in in summer, so I apply it on slightly damp skin when it's hot outside.

Being a perfume addict, I really prefer unscented lotions, which just keep my skin in good condition (moisturized skin holds fragrance better) and don't clash with them. I've tried and liked other (mildly) scented lotions before, but found out that unscented works much better for me. And this one is perfect for that.

(*) I've written reviews before, but they were perfume reviews written long ago, when I didn't know too much about what I was writing. Reading them today made me feel silly, so I deleted them and I'm starting all over again, hopefully with more interesting reviews. I hope they helped some of you and that the new ones keep on helping.

on 5/2/2012 10:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I'm in love with this moisturizer. It has the perfect texture. It's super moisturizing yet not sticky. It smells great and makes my skin smooth and silky. I really hope they don't discontinue this.

on 6/3/2011 6:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love this moisturiser! Smells fantastic and very hydrating yet non greasy. Why didn't I discover it earlier?!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Excellent product. Highly moisturising, non greasy, great for dry skin, smells like grapefruit, better than my Palmer's but def more expensive than that. Its alittle expensive and has no SPF. Other than that its perfect.