Sephora Collection Compact Foundation

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Sephora Collection Compact Foundation

3.2

All shades contain: Talc, Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Nylon 12, Silica, Dimethicone, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Zinc Stearate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Glycerides, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), Zinc Oxide, Zeolite, Sorbic Acid, Methylparaben, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Lauroyl Lysine, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Polyperfluoromethylisopropyl Ether, Butylparaben, BTH.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have made a big dent in this powder over the year or so I have been using it. It has a very smooth, silky texture unlike other powders, which I really like! This powder also has decent coverage, but beware, this can look cakey if applied too heavily. I love using this powder to set my undereye concealer for added coverage and to prevent creasing. Overall, this is a good powder, but not my holy grail because it doesn't keep me matte and can look cakey.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I didn't expect much to be honest but I was pleasantly surprised. I have never, never, never liked compact foundation, and I've only ever used loose minerals. The packaging is sleek and convenient, and it lasts all day.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I HATED this powder!! I tried giving it so many chances and I really tried to like it, but I seriously can't stand this product so i ended up returning it. Although this does give really good coverage, it makes me soooo oily! I don't know what's with this powder but I seriously feel like a grease ball within 2 hours of applying it. It also makes me look really cakey too. Blegh .. i hate it!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This isn't a bad product but it didn't work with my skin either. It accentuated the dry skin on my nose pretty badly but it didn't break me out and kept my face matted all day. I still ended up exchanging it for the Sephora brand liquid foundation instead.

Overall, I would only recommend it if you have oily skin or plan on using only in the summer.

on 11/17/2009 9:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really like this product. I have oily, acne prone skin so I really have to be careful with what I put on my face. This powder has yet to cause break outs and I have used it for a few months now. It's really great for coverage and can be used alone, as it is a foundation, or to set your foundation, though I would suggest you use it sapringly in the second instance. When I wear it alone I tend to use the sponge applicator as it layers it on better and provides that nice coverage, whereas if I wear it on top of something I use a powder brush. It lasts a fari ammount of time though you may have to reapply in the T-zone after a few hours depending on your skin. Overall it's a great product and I completely intend to purchase again. For the quality, the price is also perfect!

This is a nice powder foundation with very good coverage. I usually use MAC studio fix but decided to try a different powder foundation (as there are many there are just as good if not better) and I was pleased! It's a great price, has a nice sponge and is mineral based. All in all, I would buy again!

on 11/5/2009 2:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I think this is the review for the mineral compact-which is the one I purchased.

I really like this compact the coverage is nice and matte and the mineral foundation is appealing. I bought this for an on the go type thing to carry in my purse for touch ups. It has 2 sides of the sponge if you call it a sponge, more like a velvety sponge but one is for light coverage and the other side is for heavier coverage.

The color matched my skin completely as I spent a good amount of time in Sephora choosing a color. Goes on silky smooth and doesn't irritate at all. The only thing I don't really like is that you have to flip the mirror up and grab the sponge and do this weird back and forth thing to be able to see the mirror and then grab more powder. It is a little pricey too but overall I like this powder and I like the ingredients.

on 10/12/2009 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I'm in love with this foundation. I normally use BE, but since I have some acne and very oily skin, I have a pretty time-consuming morning cleansing regime, and when you add time to apply super-full-coverage BE with eyes, cheeks, lips, etc., sometimes it adds up to be way too much to do if I want to get to work on time.

So a couple of weeks ago I came across this compact at Sephora. It piqued my curiosity, since I used to use something like this made by MK, but MK's version broke me out, so I stopped using it. But THIS foundation said "matifying," (spelled wrong by either the French or Italians, since it was designed in France and made in Italy) so it got my hopes up that my skin would be safe this time. So I tried it. How did it turn out? It's my in-a-hurry HG, that's how it turned out! Lovely packaging, mirror and sponge included. I get great coverage from the sponge, I haven't tried applying with a brush yet, and it keeps me matte and oil-free throughout the day without my MK oil mattifier or BE Oil Control Prime Time primer, which amazes me. It feels like there's nothing on my skin, too. This foundation is the best find I've had in years. I'm thrilled, and I highly recommend this for others with oily or combination skin.

I don't recommend it for anyone with dry skin--not only does it say "mattifying," which means it isn't really for the dry-skinned; there's also the fact that someone as oily as I am wears it and it absorbs all of my abundant oil. I can't imagine how that would turn out for people with dry skin, so do yourself a favor and avoid it. If you have oily skin, though, get thee to a Sephora and reach for this heavenly stuff!

As far as shade availability goes, it's really great. There are two shades that work on my face, R15 and R20 ("r" stands for rosť, which means pink-undertoned), and I've purchased one of each. Usually, I buy the lightest foundation shade available, because my skin oxidizes everything I try on my face, so the light foundation darkens to match my face color within just a few minutes. But with this compact, I can actually buy my true-to-color shade, so I've decided to wear the R20 shade, which matches my skin exactly and does NOT oxidize/darken during the day. Hooray!

EDIT: I have been using this for a month now, and I've almost completely stopped wearing my BE foundation, this stuff looks so wonderful and works so well. Woo hoo!.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I really wanted to like the 'Mattifying Compact Foundation' because the colour was perfect for my skintone and the powder was so finely milled. The packaging so classy. BUT, I broke out with this. I got little bumps all over my forehead and my cheeks. I'm so disheartened that it didn't suit me and upon checking the ingredient list, I noticed it contained "bismyth oxycholride(CI 77163)' and 'Talc' which doesn't suit my skin at all. Will be returning this and getting the Double Compact with SPF 10 since it doesn't contain the two ingredients mentioned above. Hopefully that'll be better. Too bad the colour wouldn't be perfect but oh well. I rather have slightly imperfect colour than a pizza face!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Bought this during the weekend and decided to test it out against my MAC studio fix(NC30), got it in D20. So I did half my face with one and the other half with sephoras. Well surprisingly their a perfect match in color so I didnt look wierd wearing both at the same time! LoL. By the end of the day I saw the differences. Sephora didnt have as much coverage as the other one but it did look way more natural, a little chalky but matte. I'm thinking of using a liquid foundation under it for coverage and then just using it as a finishing powder.
UPDATE- Does nothing for covering flaws. Its only good as light layer of matting the shine, but thats all.